T20 World Cup Discussion

didnt know people thought zampa was any good, has a good t20 game every now and again but nothing special

And he still spins it more than a wrist spinner, I was simply naming better spinners who also spin it more, and they also have more than the 2 balls Zampa has in his arsenal, if I was trying to just name a big spinner of the ball I would have said Kuldeep.

Didn't realise Zampa was a protected species in these parts where only positive things can be said about him.

And I think he has only been the best white ball spinner for the last year or so, not a long time.

Dude, if you don't want discussion, don't put a strongly worded opinion out there, easy fix.

And he still spins it more than a wrist spinner, I was simply naming better spinners who also spin it more, and they also have more than the 2 balls Zampa has in his arsenal, if I was trying to just name a big spinner of the ball I would have said Kuldeep.

Didn't realise Zampa was a protected species in these parts where only positive things can be said about him.

And I think he has only been the best white ball spinner for the last year or so, not a long time.

Prior to Zampa, who was our best? You could probably rattle off half a dozen players who came in and out of the team. He's been our best for a long time. He's not protected, nobody is. There is no reason to be negative about his output though.

All these bowlers you make reference to are literally the cream of the crop, like I said.. they don't fall out of trees. They've done really well to persist with Zampa and give him the confidence he needs to be consistent performer, which he has been. It's irrelevant how good he use to be, nobody starts their career in any sport being the best that they can be.

If that's your logic, how about we have a discussion about Steve Smith?

Prior to Zampa, who was our best? You could probably rattle off half a dozen players who came in and out of the team. He's been our best for a long time. He's not protected, nobody is. There is no reason to be negative about his output though.

All these bowlers you make reference to are literally the cream of the crop, like I said.. they don't fall out of trees. They've done really well to persist with Zampa and give him the confidence he needs to be consistent performer, which he has been. It's irrelevant how good he use to be, nobody starts their career in any sport being the best that they can be.

If that's your logic, how about we have a discussion about Steve Smith?
I don't recall I said he wasn't currently our best T20 option? I simply said he lacks variety and doesn't spin the ball. I said he was average for a long time, which he was. He has upgraded to slightly above average.

You'd like to talk about Steve Smith's bowling ability when he debuted? Sounds good, maybe we can look at Starc's keeping after that.

I don't recall I said he wasn't currently our best T20 option? I simply said he lacks variety and doesn't spin the ball. I said he was average for a long time, which he was. He has upgraded to slightly above average.

You'd like to talk about Steve Smith's bowling ability when he debuted? Sounds good, maybe we can look at Starc's keeping after that.

So then what exactly are you trying to debate?

He's the best option we have, how much he spins it or how good he is compared to other spinners really doesn't matter. It's not like he's marginally better, he's the best we have by a very long way.

Players develop, they get better. You can't judge them on how good they used to be and use that as the yardstick for their career. He is ranked 6 according to ICC rankings for bowlers in T20's. He's pretty damn good, all things considered. Just because he doesn't turn it at right angles or have 8 different variations doesn't mean shit.

So then what exactly are you trying to debate?

He's the best option we have, how much he spins it or how good he is compared to other spinners really doesn't matter. It's not like he's marginally better, he's the best we have by a very long way.

Players develop, they get better. You can't judge them on how good they used to be and use that as the yardstick for their career. He is ranked 6 according to ICC rankings for bowlers in T20's. He's pretty damn good, all things considered. Just because he doesn't turn it at right angles or have 8 different variations doesn't mean shit.
And Finch is our captain and opener and can't play a full straight ball. Says a lot about Aussie cricket.

And Finch is our captain and opener and can't play a full straight ball. Says a lot about Aussie cricket.

You mean the guy who is ranked 5/6 in T20 cricket, with 2 of the 3 highest EVER T20i scores and averages almost 40? Tell me one team in world cricket he doesn't walk in to open in T20 or even ODI.

Comprehensive beating, probably need to be beating both the West Indies and Bangladesh now, I assume our NRR will be in all sorts

You mean the guy who is ranked 5/6 in T20 cricket, with 2 of the 3 highest EVER T20i scores and averages almost 40? Tell me one team in world cricket he doesn't walk in to open in T20 or even ODI.
Yes, that guy. I won't even discuss rankings, most of the time they are a farce. He shouldn't make the Australian ODI side, but the joke nature of T20 means he is a fine enough selection there.

He has a crazy good innings in him from time to time, but I don't want to pick an opener knowing he is more likely to score single figures, that shit is fine for T20, but not ODI or Test.

I think Finch is a good tactician, when he has been mic'd up over the year it's always been great to get some insight as to why he does what he does with field placements and bowling changes.

He is fine to have in ODI and T20, he failed hopelessly in the Test arena.

They are not in a good way that’s for sure but easier games to come.

Only way out is for NZ to get beat by Afghanistan and for India to beat Scotland, Namibia and Afghanistan comfortably enough to have a better NRR than Afghanistan

As it stands Afghanistan already have a handy NRR

Possibly in circus cricket aka T-20. A format that most Australians don't give a **** about. Lyon is ten times the player when it comes to Test cricket.
A monkeys arsehole could bowl better than Lyons if given the same opportunities/constant selection.

Lyon has a really good off spinner but sadly that's all he's got

Works great in Tests though with natural variation and deterioration of the pitch over 5 days

Only way out is for NZ to get beat by Afghanistan and for India to beat Scotland, Namibia and Afghanistan comfortably enough to have a better NRR than Afghanistan

As it stands Afghanistan already have a handy NRR

NZ will boost the NRR against Scotland and Namibia? As well though. Interesting predicament though that’s for sure.

Aussies NRR could bite them too after that awful performance against England. I suspect WI will pull one out in the Aussie game too, they’ve been terrible thus far.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • LittleDavey
  • mystico
  • BroncosAlways
  • lynx000
  • Stix
  • heartly87
  • Wolfie
  • Hurrijo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • NSW stables
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • broncoscope
  • whykickamoocow
  • Skathen
  • Behold
  • Strop
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Foordy
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.