NEWS Tallis: farking fark, etc

I don't think any reasonable person would assume Tallis was referring to anything other than NRL premierships when he criticised the decision to give Seibold a 5 year contract.

Yea i don't get the laughing and smiles and friendly banter after a flogging.
I get that they are mates, but you literally just had your ass handed to you, after 3 weeks of getting your ass handed to you.

I am a competitive person as well, and i don't see myself being able to be all friendly and jovial after getting beaten yet again.
I know its just a game, but i would legit be upset after yet another loss and the last thing i would want to do is have a laugh with the guys who just kicked my ass.

I mean if we are winning a few and losing a few and the circumstances have not been so dire then maybe have a chuckle with a mate after the game, but after week in week out floggings, some of them record breaking with very little signs of improvement, i would be embarrassed and ashamed and worried about my job security above all else.

By all means be respectful and shake hands, but it kind of feels like a kick in the guts to see our players so happy after yet another loss.

The laughing itself isn’t necessarily problem. But these other teams are laughing at the Broncos during the game, constantly. I don’t take things too seriously that much in sport but I wouldn’t be laughing with blokes straight after a game who disrespected me repeatedly during a game.

The laughing itself isn’t necessarily problem. But these other teams are laughing at the Broncos during the game, constantly. I don’t take things too seriously that much in sport but I wouldn’t be laughing with blokes straight after a game who disrespected me repeatedly during a game.

Exactly. I don't have an issue with players having a laugh and shaking hands after a lost game (as long as they look nice and somber in the sheds) but when players are literally laughing in the face of your team mates for a dropped ball or something, they can go and get fucked. You get a hand shake and a well done, that's it IMO.

I don't know about the old boys thing but some of his other criticism is fair enough. It actually seemed quite restrained for the knobhead legend. Isn't Alfie an old boy and isn't he on the field as much as the team? Surely he's already said everything to everyone who needs to hear it? I reckon we might be better off with someone from this forum, a true blue collar person on 50k a year coaching the Broncos. Yes, I'd put my hat in the ring too but we'd all hope someone else's name got pulled out🤣

Aren’t Darren Lockyer, Peter Ryan, Alfie, Michael Hancock, Corey Parker, Justin Hodges, Jack Reed, Broncos old boys?

Pretty sure the Big Dell must qualify for this status and him and Seibold are very close mates, they talk weekly...

It’s almost as if Tallis is talking straight out of his posterior, when he opines that ‘old boys’ aren’t welcome at the club nowadays (or says anything at all, really...)

If I can name 7 or 8 straight off the top of my head that are literally employed by or very closely associated with the club at present, well it almost seems as if Tallis doesn’t know what he is talking about (shock, horror I know...)

Screw tallis, particularly when we have other "old boys" who remain loyal and dont try and maintain relevance by bashing their old club.

Civo and webcke (along with parker) are two mentors i would have with the forwards, hodges with outside backs and get locky from his chair to where he could make a greater difference for the club, working with our halves and spine. If milford does not want to work with locky, fine, twiddle your thumbs on the sideline.

Again i will ask, where is the confirmation of these facts from other Old Boys ?

Aren’t Darren Lockyer, Peter Ryan, Alfie, Michael Hancock, Corey Parker, Justin Hodges, Jack Reed, Broncos old boys?

Pretty sure the Big Dell must qualify for this status and him and Seibold are very close mates, they talk weekly...

It’s almost as if Tallis is talking straight out of his posterior, when he opines that ‘old boys’ aren’t welcome at the club nowadays (or says anything at all, really...)

If I can name 7 or 8 straight off the top of my head that are literally employed by or very closely associated with the club at present, well it almost seems as if Tallis doesn’t know what he is talking about (shock, horror I know...)
Tallis reiterated by saying to paraphrase “I’ve tried to go back, kevvie’s tried to go back they don’t want us” I assume with kevvie he was talking about the head coaches role. It would seem in poor old gordy’s mind him and kevvie are the only old boys the club has.

What's always got me about ex-Broncos players particularly those that go on to play for other clubs is how much they 'support' the other team they played for rather than the Broncos which made them household names.

I love Dell, but if you didn't know he had played for the Broncos you'd think he was a life long St George player. I put Tate in this category too. If you didn't know he had played for the Broncos you'd think he was a life long Cowboys player. I know that is a small sample size, but it gets me going some times.

What's always got me about ex-Broncos players particularly those that go on to play for other clubs is how much they 'support' the other team they played for rather than the Broncos which made them household names.

I love Dell, but if you didn't know he had played for the Broncos you'd think he was a life long St George player. I put Tate in this category too. If you didn't know he had played for the Broncos you'd think he was a life long Cowboys player. I know that is a small sample size, but it gets me going some times.

There are plenty that are the opposite though. Played for the Broncos, went somewhere else, yet consider themselves Broncos players. I guess even Ben Te'o's comments recently echo that kind of sentiment. Remembering he came to us from the Tigers.

I think it is all down to where there bread is currently buttered. In those examples Dell's young bloke is currently at St George, look for this to change if his son leaves. Tate I could be wrong but I believe he has or has had some sort of role with the Cows so that would be why he spruiks them as his club.

There are plenty that are the opposite though. Played for the Broncos, went somewhere else, yet consider themselves Broncos players. I guess even Ben Te'o's comments recently echo that kind of sentiment. Remembering he came to us from the Tigers.

you can add ennis to that list to. he is all about canberra now because he is employed by them.
but whenever u see him talk about broncos he does not do it with happiness you can hear in his voice.
he always seems rather upset when he has to talk about how bad we are you can tell it hurts him so he must still have pride in the place and he wasnt even here that long.

nothing like the rest of the nsw media who are practically have an orgasm and cannot stop smiling at out shitnesss atm.

you can add ennis to that list to. he is all about canberra now because he is employed by them.
but whenever u see him talk about broncos he does not do it with happiness you can hear in his voice.
he always seems rather upset when he has to talk about how bad we are you can tell it hurts him so he must still have pride in the place and he wasnt even here that long.

nothing like the rest of the nsw media who are practically have an orgasm and cannot stop smiling at out shitnesss atm.

Scott Prince, I don't know if he had much of an official role until recently, but since his swansong he's been all Broncos.

Im almost certain Del was on the books at the dragons post retirement.

its probably easier for some of these guys to get post playing career jobs with the last club they played for.

Im almost certain Del was on the books at the dragons post retirement.

its probably easier for some of these guys to get post playing career jobs with the last club they played for.

Dell was a Saints ambassador, same role Tallis is playing currently with the Titans.

The difference is Dell never had to shit on the Broncos to get publicity for the Dragons. Tallis wouldn’t even be involved with the Titans if he wasn’t for the Kelly and Frizells.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mister Wright
  • Fitzy
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.