NEWS Tallis: not rubbing it in or anything

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Tallis is super pumped to have poached his former club's brightest talent in twenty years:

“I am excited because I honestly think Dave Fifita’s signing for the Titans is as big as Mal Meninga’s signing for the Raiders all those years ago. Mal Meninga had a rare aura about him and in my brief meetings with Dave, he just has this presence about him. There is no doubt Dave has this ability to inspire players around him and make guys feel comfortable. There are some special players like Mal Meninga, Sam Burgess or Greg Inglis where as a teammate, when you look to your side and see them beside you, you take comfort knowing you are beside a guy who can win you games."

“Dave Fifita has that same aura and presence - and he can turn the Titans into a force.”

8449822 0 image a 13 1547340066025

Awesome bloke

Dave can be better than me. He has more natural talent than me, but that doesn’t just guarantee you will succeed. Cameron Smith is not the most naturally talented footballer but his football brain is remarkable."

“The Titans’ owners have made a statement that they care about the club and the direction of the place and now, signing Fifita, everyone will sit up and take notice. I work on Triple M radio and I have worked with guys who joke they will have a sex change if the Titans win five games in a row."

“But with Fifita on board, I can guarantee those silly bets and comments will change, especially with guys like Tino (Fa’asuamaleaui), Herman (Ese’ese) and Keegan Hipgrave at the Titans next season."

“There are a lot of young players these days think they know everything. What impressed me with Dave in our few meetings is that he was just a big sponge soaking in all the information. He doesn’t need too much help, let me tell you, the things that took me a whole career to work out Dave already has down pat."

“Dave is blessed with speed and his genetics are unbelievable, but he’s no dummy. He has a knack of when the get the ball and how to use his body to break tackles and the ability to think on his feet quickly for a forward. David Fifita is a special talent with the football in his hands, he is a bloody smart kid.”

McHunt

The titans dont learn. They put this much pressure on dave taylor as being a major signing and being a generational player, ash taylor being the next JT, announced hayne would be a game changer for them and now they seem to be repeating the same errors with fifita.

Tallis seems to fail to remember meninga had stuart, daley, mullins, clyde etc. around him too.

I have no doubt that dave will improve the titans and may help them win some games (like he has done for us) but in terms of making them a premiership force? Doubtful.

Wasn’t D.Taylor already somewhat of a bust at Souths though? Not on the scale of his career at that stage but he hadn’t kicked on.

Wasn’t D.Taylor already somewhat of a bust at Souths though? Not on the scale of his career at that stage but he hadn’t kicked on.
He was but when they signed him he was very much the next best prop , compared to beeston if I remember correctly.

I think i recall him being in quite good form at souths,

He was but when they signed him he was very much the next best prop , compared to beeston if I remember correctly.
Bennett warned the Rabbitohs coaching staff he will do your head in, he was right. Talent and potential isn't the end all and be all, you need the hunger and willingness to work hard as well. It's going to be interesting how Fifita handles his time at the Titans with the high expectations placed on him from the media and the likes of Meninga and Tallis making him out to be the saviour of the Titans, how quickly they will turn on him if he struggles.

Last edited:
The ironic thing with Taylor is that if he had less talent he'd probably have had a better career. If he still had his size, speed and strength and just focused on being a wrecking ball without all the bells and whistles he could've been incredible.

Last edited:
Oh man, the Foxtel programming is all Tallis at the moment. They know we've turned on him and are rallying behind him. It's now all about how amazing he is. Jees, talk footy ffs

Can we stop giving this sack of shit airtime on the Broncos forum... actually on BHQ at all.

I agree with this. Tallis isn't a Bronco anymore. He clearly doesn't consider himself as such so why should we? Let the nose beer ***** on the GC have him with no regrets.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Wild Horse
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Stix
  • Robboi_321
  • bb_gun
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • FACTHUNT
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.