Taylor in line for Broncos recall

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Taylor in line for Broncos recall
By Wayne Heming
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

March 17, 2008 BRISBANE teenager Dave Taylor is poised for a Good Friday NRL call up against Sydney Roosters with the Broncos hit by early season knee injuries to forwards Joel Clinton and Corey Parker.

Clinton (anterior cruciate) and Parker (posterior cruciate) were sent for scans to assess the exact extent of knee injuries suffered in Brisbane's 48-12 romp over Penrith on Sunday.

Highly-rated prop Taylor was relegated to Queensland Cup competition at the weekend and local officials say he responded with a storming two-try performance in the Central Queensland Comets' 28-18 win over Norths Devils in Rockhampton.

Taylor and Nick Kenny, another Rockhampton product, loom as the likely back-up with Clinton a definite non-starter and Parker extremely doubtful for Friday night's game at Sydney Football Stadium on the back of such a short turnaround.

Some observers were surprised Taylor was left out of Bennett's 17-man squad which thumped Penrith on Sunday.

Club officials denied Taylor was being disciplined by being sent to the Queensland Cup, saying his trial form had not warranted his selection and that he needed to get his attitude right.

Taylor was reported to be unstoppable at times in Rockhampton, scoring one of his two tries after picking up a loose ball 25 metres out and carrying four Devils defenders with him over the line.

Comets chief executive Rob Crowe and interim player-coach Wayne Barrett said Taylor had played strongly against the Devils, playing out the full 80 minutes despite offers to come off a few times.

“From the time he stepped off the plane here on Friday morning you could tell he was here for a big game and he certainly came out and delivered,†said Crowe.

“He copped plenty of attention as you would expect but he was very hard to handle at times. He was very strong in attack and defence.â€Â

Crowe joked he and Barrett were trying to work out how to tell the Broncos that Taylor didn't play that well (to keep him for the Comets next game).

“They get a DVD of the game, so we couldn't really do that,†he said. “He was pretty impressive. He put his head down and rolled up his sleeves and he went for the full 80 minutes.

“We offered him some time off twice when he looked out on his feet but he was quite determined and got straight back into the action. If the Broncs want him, he's ready to go.â€Â

Bennett will name his squad on Tuesday with the team heading to Sydney on Thursday.

He is a great player, I don't see why bennet dumps him so often, I mean e is better than perry. Although i think perry is good utlility

Comets chief executive Rob Crowe and interim player-coach Wayne Barrett said Taylor had played strongly against the Devils, playing out the full 80 minutes despite offers to come off a few times.

That bit is a good sign.

A good sign yes, but it's just because he wanted to prove a point.

kimlo said:
A good sign yes, but it's just because he wanted to prove a point.

Bennett has Taylor's best interests in heart, its much better for him to hear the truth about where he is and be made to work for what he wants then a free ride and have a repeat of Dane Carlaw, something I know a lot of Bronco supporters complained about (and you cant have it both ways in criticising Bennett) His form during the preseason trials and attitude at training didn't justify selection, Bennett made a decision and Taylor responded in a positive fashion, much better then just drifting along letting the hype get to his head.

good sign that he played all 80 minutes.

kenny would've just missed out on a spot last week, he will add some punch in defence but we lose the wide running of parker, not to mention our kicker.

i think Wallace might get a shot if Ennis isnt playing.

if ennis is out i would love to see Beale get a bench spot, he obviously has good utility value and would provide more spark than Perry does......

nopatience101 said:
if ennis is out i would love to see Beale get a bench spot, he obviously has good utility value and would provide more spark than Perry does......

I agree Beale would go real well.

Also would like to see Tupou in the mix for a wing spot later in the eyar if teh form of our wingers drop off.

Tupou is big, agile and is strong in defense.

WONDERFUL GUYS!!!! actually bad news. hannat, parker and clinton are all out of this good friday clash apparently (nrl.com for details).

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • Broncosgirl
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Redux
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.