OFFICIAL Te Maire Martin Signs Three Year Deal with the Warriors

Herbie strikes me as an out and out team player. I think he'd go off next to Staggs. Can you imagine those two - hard to tackle guys running riot. bellisima
I hope that’s the case. Reports of him wanting to leave to play right centre have me thinking otherwise though.

I hope that’s the case. Reports of him wanting to leave to play right centre have me thinking otherwise though.
I think he's stated that's his preference - although he resigned with us when he had a number of clubs coming after him last time and we were going through dark times - resigning at the end of July 2020.

End of the day, unless he feels he could be twice the player on the right, I doubt he'd ditch a club he likes over something like that. It's not like he's bouncing off the bench or getting moved around week in / week out. He's owned his spot and he's made a name for himself there.

Players normally want higher paying positions which is understandable - like moving to FB or into the Halves and would change on that basis as it's a money decision. Swapping sides wouldn't bring anything moving the needle there.

I think it will come down to if he's happy at the Broncos and if the Broncos can put enough on the table to make it palatable to reject other offers.

I agree with the idea of playing Herbie on a wing if he was happy to do it but even then, I just don't want to cheer against Oatesy. He is such a likeable guy and so popular with fans and other players. At times a bit of loyalty needs to be shown both ways. I wouldn't mind a two year deal with the second year in our favour.

I agree with the idea of playing Herbie on a wing if he was happy to do it but even then, I just don't want to cheer against Oatesy. He is such a likeable guy and so popular with fans and other players. At times a bit of loyalty needs to be shown both ways. I wouldn't mind a two year deal with the second year in our favour.
By no means cast him aside. I just wouldn't be tabling him anything like Herbie. We need to fill that slot in the 30, he likely qualifies for the Veteran and Developed Player allowance - possibly our only one? So give him all of that.

That plus min wage would be what, 300k / season + TPAs? That's still nothing to sneeze at.

By no means cast him aside. I just wouldn't be tabling him anything like Herbie. We need to fill that slot in the 30, he likely qualifies for the Veteran and Developed Player allowance - possibly our only one? So give him all of that.

That plus min wage would be what, 300k / season + TPAs? That's still nothing to sneeze at.
And I don't know if he'd get much more elsewhere either. I can't see him going elsewhere and I'd be devastated if the club lets it happen. Would be like Petero all over again.

You're a bit trigger happy there regarding Niu, he hasn't been great for us this season and his injuries are becoming a concern but he's still only young.

He also re-signed recently.
I've lost count of the amount of young players we have tried with, I just don't think we are in a position to build him up. It would help if he can play other positions but he is unsuitable for anything other then fullback.

TMM has a 100% strike rate, 3 wins from 3 starts. He's the nucleus that holds the defence together.

"Player had no similar injury or medical condition to that area of the body that either has or could reasonably be predicted medically to lead to a degenerative condition of that area of the body prior to signing his last NRL contract"

I would say no, it's pre existing before he signs the contract.
Is there a time limit on that though? Say hypothetically Tedesco blows his knee out and because of his age he's just unable to come back from it. If memory serves me right, he did his knee a couple of times when he was young. Same knee, same ligaments, but different injury. Does that count as pre existing?

Is there a time limit on that though? Say hypothetically Tedesco blows his knee out and because of his age he's just unable to come back from it. If memory serves me right, he did his knee a couple of times when he was young. Same knee, same ligaments, but different injury. Does that count as pre existing?

Last contract. So Manly signed Stewart Matai and Watmough knowing they had knee and neck problems so when they were done 10 games in the request for medical retirement was denied. Manly had to cover all three on the cap.

bit of grey area there as he could have had one or two contracts in the time he has been away from the game.

Last contract. So Manly signed Stewart Matai and Watmough knowing they had knee and neck problems so when they were done 10 games in the request for medical retirement was denied. Manly had to cover all three on the cap.
So if TMM signs a new contract it doesn't count as pre existing anymore?

So if TMM signs a new contract it doesn't count as pre existing anymore?

No it existed when he signed his last contract which would be his new Broncos’ contract.

No it existed when he signed his last contract which would be his new Broncos’ contract.
Original Contract - Cowboys when he got the injury
Contract 1 - Broncos 1yr
Contract 2 - Broncos extend for 2-3 years

Is contract 2 classed as an extension of contract 1, or a new contract? If he hasn't suffered a recurrence of the injury during contract 1, does the pre-existing injury exist in the last contract....which is contract 1 now?

If it does, lets sign him for next year only......then 2 months later extend him for another year :D

Original Contract - Cowboys when he got the injury
Contract 1 - Broncos 1yr
Contract 2 - Broncos extend for 2-3 years

Is contract 2 classed as an extension of contract 1, or a new contract? If he hasn't suffered a recurrence of the injury during contract 1, does the pre-existing injury exist in the last contract....which is contract 1 now?

If it does, lets sign him for next year only......then 2 months later extend him for another year :D

He hasn’t signed yet, he’s only on a development deal at the moment. So his Broncos’ deal if he signs it I think by the rules he can’t be medically retired it’s pre-exsisting before his last deal.

What I don't get is he doesn't wear headgear.

Wasn't there a report that came out and said that it's like his brain injury was never there?
Scans showed that he didn't look any different to anybody else?

It isn't really any different to any other playing having shoulder injuries or knee injuries later on and then not being able to medically retire.

Listening to him on the Sunday Footy Show, very level headed and very appreciative of the opportunity to play the game again. Definitely a positive influence in the side. Also says he's keen to re-sign.

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • Griffo
  • Bish
  • BooKhaki
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • IceWorks
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.