OFFICIAL Te Maire Martin Signs Three Year Deal with the Warriors

Man our next 4 games (plus the bye) are just

The Simpsons Gesture GIF

To be honest our draw is actually very easy.

Its the Kevolution in progress
I'd suggest the additions that are making the difference are in large part to do with the major overhaul being implemented by Ikin and Donuts. Kev is definitely helping, but not exactly a coach players are begging to play for... yet.

I'd suggest the additions that are making the difference are in large part to do with the major overhaul being implemented by Ikin and Donuts. Kev is definitely helping, but not exactly a coach players are begging to play for... yet.
I think Kevvie has improved our attack... this has been evidenced since halfway through last year. The issue has been that we arent in position to show it off often enough.

Even against Souths we only had 46% possession and tackles inside 20m was like 43 vs 15 or something.

I dont think we've had a game this year where we have won field position, possession and completed above 80%.

When we can start getting an even share and completing at a good rate I think we will be able to show off what we're capable of

I think Kevvie has improved our attack... this has been evidenced since halfway through last year. The issue has been that we arent in position to show it off often enough.

Even against Souths we only had 46% possession and tackles inside 20m was like 43 vs 15 or something.

I dont think we've had a game this year where we have won field position, possession and completed above 80%.

When we can start getting an even share and completing at a good rate I think we will be able to show off what we're capable of

You could probably count the first two games of the season. We won possession and completed above 80%, but it is something we need to be more consistent with if we want to compete at the business end of the season.

It does highlight a positive, though. It shows that if we're given a sniff, we can take advantage and score points. Imagine how good we'll be if we can start dominating the opposition for the full 80.

🤔 how about:

#Kevolution
#Ikin's insurrection
#Dave's Dynasty
#Reynolds Resurrection
#Capewell's Crusade

Not suggesting that this isn't so - however we averaged 11.25 points per game in our first 4 games. With 11 and 16 respectively for the first two.

To be a decent finals team, I cannot recall the exact figure - but thought it was around a 2 tries per half average to be competitive in the modern era as even the best defense will crack under relentless 6-agains.

Improved attack possibly, definitely not finals grade. However, once ARey really got going for us, the points flowed much more freely.

Not suggesting that this isn't so - however we averaged 11.25 points per game in our first 4 games. With 11 and 16 respectively for the first two.

To be a decent finals team, I cannot recall the exact figure - but thought it was around a 2 tries per half average to be competitive in the modern era as even the best defense will crack under relentless 6-agains.

Improved attack possibly, definitely not finals grade. However, once ARey really got going for us, the points flowed much more freely.
I would imagine our strike rate within the 20m would be quite good ie. tackles per try inside the 20m. NOTE I havent looked at the stats to back that up, it's just the general feel I get watching us play.

The issue that I was flagging is that we dont get to spend a whole lot of time in the red zone.

Having a good strike rate would suggest good attacking structures, which is what I was flagging with Kevvie improving that facet.. I would suggest that getting to the red zone is associated with our general play, and that still needs improvement.

If we can start consistently winning field position, possession and completion rates I think we will start to show our real potential, because winning those things results in more time spent in the red zone.

EDIT: just checked and the Fox Lab has us as stone cold last for tackles inside the 20m but 9th for pts... that suggests we have a decent strike rate given the total lack of attacking opportunities inside the 20m

You've used the first 2 games as the barometer against a stat that is usually drawn up at the end of the season.

I wish people would stop comparing us to what makes the finals, we haven't been anywhere near the finals for a few seasons now, we barely avoided the spoon last season. Where we are at now is fantastic and if we continue to go in this direction we will be in the finals but I am not completely oblivious to the fact that we've been a genuine bottom 4 team for a while now, we are going to lose some games that we probably should win and that might be the difference.

You've used the first 2 games as the barometer against a stat that is usually drawn up at the end of the season.

I wish people would stop comparing us to what makes the finals, we haven't been anywhere near the finals for a few seasons now, we barely avoided the spoon last season. Where we are at now is fantastic and if we continue to go in this direction we will be in the finals but I am not completely oblivious to the fact that we've been a genuine bottom 4 team for a while now, we are going to lose some games that we probably should win and that might be the difference.
Unfair assessment when the claim was that our attack was good - how is this known without comparing to what good looks like, pray tell?

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.