OFFICIAL Te Maire Martin Signs Three Year Deal with the Warriors

Id be happy to see a 2 year deal, provided it wasnt massive. He has impressed me so far, but at the same time i wouldnt be hugely concerned with locking him down either. He appears to have a good football brain but id like to see a little more before guessing how much he is worth.
Im assuming where losing at least one outside back but probably more, so the money should be there (unless we're breaking the bank for munster, i keep hearing the broncos are a chance but its still hard to believe).

The guy has shown he’s a level of class above the Gamble, Kelly, Turpin, Niu, Walters level. Whether or not he’s the long term fullback or moves to 6, we have 3 questions in a spine and he is a reasonable answer for at least 2 of them.

300 for 3 years is probably a bit high / long but he’s shown he hasn’t taken much of a step back so its a bit of a gamble but may pay off.

it’s a bit early to fully assess his value but you need to strike early for good deals some times.

300 for 3 years avg is excellent. Astute deal - as long he stays injury free.

I'm very confident can be our long term FB solution. So much good stuff there naturally, just a bit of polish and body strength needed. Seems to mesh well with the team also.

The guy has shown he’s a level of class above the Gamble, Kelly, Turpin, Niu, Walters level. Whether or not he’s the long term fullback or moves to 6, we have 3 questions in a spine and he is a reasonable answer for at least 2 of them.

300 for 3 years is probably a bit high / long but he’s shown he hasn’t taken much of a step back so its a bit of a gamble but may pay off.

it’s a bit early to fully assess his value but you need to strike early for good deals some times.
Yip, I'm with you matey.

Some times you need to take a punt and the fact he has played in a number of tests for the Kiwis and a GF makes it evidently clear that he is capable of elite performances.

$900K over three years for a potential gun in the spine is (dare I say it) Storm like!

So the same reporter say a deal is imminent but there is no rush so therefore it isn't.

Didn't actually say imminent though. Seemed to be implied but wasn't really.

Also surely relates to what happens with Herbie and Oates?

@Sproj If Storm got Paps for 650k because of a concussion then what's the market rate for TMM?

Great to hear for TMM, he's had a strong start to his career and had some terrible problems health wise. He's a true comeback story and give him more games to show if he's really worth it (which I think he is)
It would be good seeing him for a game or two at 5/8 but keep him where he's needed and is showing potential.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • thenry
  • Lozza
  • Allo
  • Broncorob
  • john1420
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Aldo
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.