OFFICIAL Te Maire Martin Signs Three Year Deal with the Warriors

Why is it so hard for some to give credit to Kevvie? I can understand having reservations still to see if this run of form is a flash in the pan or something more solid but you can go on current form and couple that with the back end of last year, you just cannot argue Kevvie isn’t doing well.

Because people wanted him to fail- they said things like he didn't do well in France.

Kevvie is a simple coach- he wants committed players who work hard that get the best out of themselves because that's what he was- he was proud of where he was from and how he played the game- that's all he asks of the guys.

People don't want simple to succeed.

He's being Kevvie this year, last year he fell into the trap of thinking he had to read Shakespeare before games and had to inspire and think of great war evasion like plans.

His strength is simple and emotions.

I'm a big kevvie critic but I'm not going to deny him credit because Reynolds is having a huge influence, how would Bellamy go without his spine. It's not a fair criticism, you need good players but without a good coach they won't reach potential.

Last 3 weeks our defence and attitude has been absolutely spot on, and that's 100% on Kev and he deserves all the credit for that.

Now if we go back to being junk I'll bag him again, even Nathan Brown looks good some weeks but top 8 this year is absolutely a pass and I'd be wanting top 6 next year.

Any higher than top 6 this year he gets flying colours from me.

Because people wanted him to fail- they said things like he didn't do well in France.

Kevvie is a simple coach- he wants committed players who work hard that get the best out of themselves because that's what he was- he was proud of where he was from and how he played the game- that's all he asks of the guys.

People don't want simple to succeed.
Speak for yourself.

If Kev is being classed as simple, then I for one wholeheartedly want simple to succeed.

That and when Boyd was at the best of his game, was very good at organising. It was just a shame it went down hill. He can teach a lot to TMM.

Interesting that John Cartwright and not Darius coaches the organising of the defence line .
No ?

Oh yeah, mal definitely popped smoke, he saw the writing on the wall. Good on Kev for taking the gig knowing he was up against it. I’ve had my reservations with kev recently with defence and bench usage but in the past weeks we have looked much improved in both aspects.

Wouldn`t the bench be an assistants job or in co ordination with Kevin ?
I have read blah blah Kevie , blah , blah bench . I would have thought they are a team Kev is Captain but the troops have input ?

I'm not saying we should be lauding Kevvie from the rooftops yet, I am also still cautiously optimistic as the jury is still out overall but all I'm saying is, to discredit the guy completely is totally unfair. He was on a hiding to nothing when he came in and there is just no fair argument the team has not improved or that any improvement is just due to someone else.

The team is pointing in the right direction and it has been since the back end of last year really, that is becoming a fair sample size to give credit where it is due. This does not mean he is or has been flawless, he has made some pretty big mistakes but he seems to grow and learn each time, I like to see that. IN some ways, he is growing with his team and they are undoubtedly growing into a better team.

Let's look at it objectively even. Name one player who improved under the last coach. Now under Kevvie, we've seen almost everyone individually improve. We are seeing even Haas start adding more and more playmaking to his game. Carrigan has levelled up. Cobbo is becoming a genuine freak. After a slow start, Staggs is starting to become more consistent. Flegler seems to be ironing out the dumb from his game. He's figured out how to use Kennedy to become a genuine weapon. Paix is starting to really blossom, Oates has returned to vintage Oates and so on and so on.

Credit where its due, he is doing a really, really good job. The team is playing with structure too and he has figured out how to make the most of Reynolds' strengths. Under his watch, it looks Flegler has become an origin player, Carrigan will become one this year, Oates may well return there and Staggs may well become one as well. Cobbo may well even get there this year if things turn out in certain ways.
Yeah 100%. People are happy to blame Kev for the losses so he should also be praised for the wins.

not all wins were created equal of course but the last 2 weeks have been really impressive and it seems we are finally turning that corner that everyone has been praying for for 3 years now. It will all be determined in the post season review but so far things seem to be trending well.

As I have always maintained, there isn’t a coach on the planet that I think I’d rather see us be successful under. So I hope it continues.

Whatever else you may say about Kevvie as a coach, the one thing you can't say is that players don't want to play for him. Because that is plain BS, makes you look stupid and means it is more likely for people to ignore any VALID arguments you make on the subject
I gave a specific example and there's plenty of news of that era that goes to back that up. How short are peoples memories, seriously.

And what's this drivel you keep spilling, just because you disagree with someone, why do you need to get so parabolic?

Interesting stat regarding Kev

Round 15 2021 we lost 46-0 to the Rabbitohs. The club came out and stated this was a line in the sand moment and heads were about to roll. Lodge and TPJ were pushed out.

we had only won 6 of our last 35 games (15 rounds 2022, 20 rounds 2021). That’s a 16.6% win rate.

From this game onwards we went 4/9 to finish 2021 and are currently 5/9 this season. Totalling 9/18 or 50% win rate.

Poetically, we have played south Sydney twice since that thumping and we have won both times.

I rate simple, I reckon that’s what belly does. Wicked defence and let your creative players do a thing off the back of it.

People who aren't giving credit to Kev at this point clearly aren't capable of admitting they made a poor judgement decision because on the field with our defensive displays, it cannot be anything other than coaching, that's all about attitude and desire. We didn't have it until Kevvie stepped in.

They want to play for the bloke and given his status in the game, I reckon he knows a thing or 2 about Rugby League. These 2 factors are what makes good coaches, you see some blokes have high Rugby League IQ but aren't very personable and players want nothing to do with them, that's not happening here.

Why is it so hard for some to give credit to Kevvie? I can understand having reservations still to see if this run of form is a flash in the pan or something more solid but you can go on current form and couple that with the back end of last year, you just cannot argue Kevvie isn’t doing well.
I’ve always believed in Kevvie. 😳

Kevvie deserves HUGE credit for what is happening here. Anyone who denies him this are kidding themselves. It might turn back and we flunk, and them he will also deserve the criticism as well.

You can't just have it one way...

Interesting that John Cartwright and not Darius coaches the organising of the defence line .
No ?

I thought Darius was a mental health advisor / part time consultant - not part of the full time coaching staff?

I rate simple, I reckon that’s what belly does. Wicked defence and let your creative players do a thing off the back of it.

Yep simple is the way to go. Look what happened when 'he must not be named' tried to get over complicate things.

Footy is a simple game played by simple blokes. You get the odd intellect in there, but let's be real - not many of these fellas are going to be rocket surgeons.

I thought Darius was a mental health advisor / part time consultant - not part of the full time coaching staff?

I think what he is doing at training is part of his consultant role.

I think what he is doing at training is part of his consultant role.
I have no idea what his actual role is, and how much of it includes actually training players on the game day side of things - but wouldn't you want the main bloke in charge of training our defence in the coaches box every week? I'm sure Darius would probably offer little tidbits at training when he's there - but the bulk of the responsibility has to be on somebody who is there day in day out....

Yep simple is the way to go. Look what happened when 'he must not be named' tried to get over complicate things.

Footy is a simple game played by simple blokes. You get the odd intellect in there, but let's be real - not many of these fellas are going to be rocket surgeons.
I love how you have said rocket surgeons. Not rocket scientists or neurosurgeons, but rocket surgeons. Brilliant.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • BroncosAlways
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Justwin
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Tim K
  • Mr Fourex
  • Galah
  • Nerd
  • broncos4life
  • Foordy
  • Rambstien
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Morkel
  • Brocko
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • Aldo
  • Locky's Left Boot
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.