OFFICIAL Te Maire Martin Signs Three Year Deal with the Warriors

Best wishes TMM .
From train and trial to Kiwi international in months . Impressed .
I do think they'll go with manu at fullback but the smart play would be TMM with manu in the centres. What TMM has done for our defence has been remarkable. Manu is a better fullback no doubt but he can be explosive and flick pass from centre.

Knew he would make it considering how weak NZ are in active fullbacks.

I think he will play even though it's an extended squad, if they go with Manu at fullback he will likely be the 14 but I think he will get the nod at 1.

Te Maire named in potential player swap.

Warriors CEO Cameron George:

“There’s discussions with the Broncos about alternatives as well in terms of potentially other players that they’ve got that we can look at in with the release of Reece Walsh."​
“The preference for Walsh’s camp was the Broncos. What we didn’t want to turn this into a position where he was looking at clubs outside of that region where his family was. We looked at a number of different ways to work through the circumstances. It just wasn’t sitting comfortably with Reece. He’s the father, it’s his immediate family and we sympathise with that situation. We worked through a number of things to see if we could make it work for Reece and his family."​
“His personal circumstances had changed [and] we sympathised with him. At no point did we say we would let him go until we had what we needed out of the situation and that’s where Charnze has come across our desk.”​

I wonder if there would be any interest in the Warriors swapping Riki for Walsh?
I think we could do a lot worse and sounds like both are on very similar wages.

Never wanted to lose Walsh but feel bad for Martin, his form has been fantastic for us.

I’d be pushing for Tesi to swap and having Martin as a back up 1/6/7/14.

It makes perfect sense, we want QLD players and they probably want NZ players

Both are also rep quality players capable of playing fullback and 5/8. Offering them Tesi would be quite disrespectful

I wonder if there would be any interest in the Warriors swapping Riki for Walsh?
I think we could do a lot worse and sounds like both are on very similar wages.

I've been wondering the same thing...or Robati?

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.