Team Building Analysis

I wonder if he’s playing within himself at the instruction of Bellamy and his game plan. It seems that way to me, at least.
Dont think he's playing within himself, it's just Bellamy's game plan is to go a million miles a minute for the full 80 and it is fully dependent on having two hookers to share that load.

BSmith was getting a 20min break even when Harry was injured.

Harry missed a ton of footy last year and then was only coming on for 50mins per game... I'd say he just didnt have the fitness built up to last a full game under Bellamy's new scheme... I'd put that on the coach who didnt have a contingency plan if one of his hookers got injured or didnt prepare his players properly for the load he wanted them to take on.

I think Bellamy was too quick to rule Harry out of games through the year because he wanted to protect him for when the finals rolled around... any minor injury or niggle and Harry was sitting out for 2 weeks.

Unfortunately that meant Harry had bugger all fitness built up over the year and BSmith was run into the ground.

When crunch time came Harry wasnt ready and BSmith wasnt there

Professional sport is a mess from a business perspective.

You have power laws at work where the top few clubs in the world make most of the profits, think your Barcelona's and Man U's of the world and most others struggle to stay in the game at the top level by paying out 80%+ of turnover to player salaries and sometimes much more. Mix that in with money that is seeking to cleanse itself with a good sports wash a la the City Group and various billionaires with dubious origin stories trying to enhance their image or ego... and you have a scenario where normal accounting rules don't apply.

Australia by nature is a super small market on the global stage and we probably need a salary cap otherwise with the IQ going around in NRL club land you would likely have most of the competition bankrupt in a few seasons, if they aren't already.

That's a tangent to the OP which looks live very nice work from Harry :)

I would have thought this type of spreadsheet thinking would have been minimum table stakes for a NRL team list designer. You have desired asset allocations for different positions and be aware of fair value for each player in the entire player universe and seek to maximize each dollar spent by buying under priced assets more often than not. However I sometimes wonder how badly these things are managed. Player options (literal madness) and carrying salaries for players to play at other clubs makes you question the wisdom of those in charge.

Unread

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fozz
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Volvo Driver
  • lynx000
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • armchair
  • Behold
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Skathen
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.