Team for Saints game?

R

renouf

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Thought I'd start this one early, assuming PJ doesn't get picked for Origin I'd like to see Ennis at half and Marsh at hooker.

1. Boyd
2. Kemp
3. Emmett
4. Stagg
5. Robinson
6. Moon
7. Ennis
8. Clinton
9. Marsh
10. Taylor
11. Kenny
12. Parker
13. Carroll
14. Eastwood
15. Sims
16. McCullough
17. Watkins/perry

Tell the truth I'd be tempted to play Marsh at half, but only so Ennis can play hooker for the full 80.

I can see why you would put him at half, but I think he is too important where he is.

1. Boyd
2. Kemp
3. Stagg
4. Moon
5. Topou
6. Marsh
7. Ben Hunt
8. Kenny
9. Ennis
10. Clinton
11. Parker
12. Sims
13. Carroll

14. McCollough
15. Taylor
16. Eastwood
17 Ah Mau

As long as Stagg and Perry aren't the halves. If they are we lose. Simple as that.

I think they'll probably go with Perry and Stagg again. I'd really like to see Joel Moon at 5/8th or at centre though as well.

bob the Smasher said:
I can see why you would put him at half, but I think he is too important where he is.

I agree, but if you have Marsh at hooker that will offset some of what you lose with Ennis, he proved last year when the origin boys were missing that hes capable of playing halfback. I reckon Ennis could put on a few tries if he was at first receiver...

I reckon it's time to blood some new/young players. Is Wapau still injured?

1. Boyd
2. Topou
3. Stagg
4. Moon
5. Kemp
6. Beale
7. B.Hunt
8. Clinton
9. Ennis
10. Kenny
11. Parker
12. Simms
13. Carroll

14. Taylor
15. Wapau
16. Eastwood
17. Marsh

Its a big gamble but I'd love to see how this team goes. If the new halves weren't getting the job done I'd chuck Ennis to half and PJ to hooker. With the form Ennis is in I think he could handle halfback fine.

I'm really wasting my time hoping for this though, cause Bennett will obviously choose Perry and Stagg in the halves :roll:

I often wonder where he gets some of his ideas from. He can inspire a team at the drop of a hat to overcome almost any hurdle, get the best out of any player, coach teams to premierships.....but yet still makes seemingly completely illogical choices for positions when there are other options open to him [icon_shru

1. Boyd
2.Topou/Yow Yeh
3. Beale
4. Moon
5. Kemp
6. McCullough
7. B.Hunt
8. Clinton
9. Ennis
10. Kenny
11. Parker (C)
12. Simms
13. Carroll

14. Taylor
15. Wapau
16. Stagg
17. Marsh

It's taking a big gamble but its time to blood some youngins but i dont see it happening. Wanyne will go with what we had at first origin time...I love watching these game because its good to see some up and coming broncos.
If the halvs arent working then there are multiple choices that you could go with to swop them arround. Verry young backline too [icon_confu

Well it looks like Sailor will line up against us..

FoxSports said:
WENDELL Sailor didn't play against South Sydney but amid the excitement of a third consecutive victory which pushed the St George Illawarra to within touching distance of the top eight, his likely return against Brisbane on Friday night was still a talking point.

Sailor, who continued his comeback from a drug ban for Shellharbour in the Jim Beam Cup at the weekend, is expected to be named in the Dragons side on Tuesday as State of Origin commitments rob the club of centre Matt Cooper.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23795409-23214,00.html

If he's on the wing, here's hoping Kemp runs rings around him. icon_smile

i know he wont but Ben hunt has to be halfback over perry.We're probably not keeping perry next year so give the young kid some experience. If he's not playing good we have 2 other blokes there to take over.

A bit of a mix of what I'd like to see and what will likely be named. We'll undoubtedly see very few youngsters in the squad, but I'm hopeful Ben Hunt will get a go in the halves alongside Marsh.

1. Boyd
2. Kemp
3. Stagg
4. Moon
5. Robinson
6. Marsh
7. Hunt
8. Taylor
9. Ennis
10. Clinton
11. Parker
12. Sims
13. Carroll

14. Kenny
15. Eastwood
16. Wapau
17. Ah Mau

ethos said:
Well it looks like Sailor will line up against us..

FoxSports said:
WENDELL Sailor didn't play against South Sydney but amid the excitement of a third consecutive victory which pushed the St George Illawarra to within touching distance of the top eight, his likely return against Brisbane on Friday night was still a talking point.

Sailor, who continued his comeback from a drug ban for Shellharbour in the Jim Beam Cup at the weekend, is expected to be named in the Dragons side on Tuesday as State of Origin commitments rob the club of centre Matt Cooper.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23795409-23214,00.html

If he's on the wing, here's hoping Kemp runs rings around him. icon_smile
And here's hoping that Denan shows a bit more in defence than I believe he has this year because Sailor could very well run straight over the top of him if he doesn't aim up.

1. Darius Boyd
2. Denan Kemp
3. Joel Moon
4. Nick Emmett
5. Reece Robinson
6. David Stagg
7. Ben Hunt
8. Nick Kenny
9. Michael Ennis
10. Joel Clinton
11. Corey Parker
12. Ashton Sims
13. Tonie Carroll

14. PJ Marsh
15. Greg Eastwood
16. Dave Taylor
17. Derrick Watkins
18. Shane Perry

1. Boyd
2. Robinson
3. Moon
4. Emmett
5.Kemp
6. Stagg
7. Marsh
8. Kenny
9. Ennis
10. Clinton
11. Parker
12. Sims
13. Carroll

14. Taylor
15. Eastwood
16. McCullough
17. Ah Mau

fenomeno said:
I'd hate to see Sailor up against Robinson.

[icon_lol1. Good call. Going on recent form, it'd be like a cyclist trying to stop a B-double! Could get ugly...

reece robinson is the worst winger i have ever seen. he gives absolutey nothing and couldnt catch a bomb to save his life.

Active Now

• Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.