Team Re-Signings For Next Season Onwards.

BuckietheBronc

BuckietheBronc

BRL Player
Feb 26, 2017
I know we had a few players that go off contract as of next season and that the club has done quite a few re-signing over the last few weeks. Who is still yet to recommit?

Contracted -

Blair (2018)
Ese'ese (2018)
Gillett (2020)
McCullough (2021)
McGuire (2021)
Moga (2018)
Nikorima (2018)
Oates (2018)
Opacic (2018)
M.Pangai (2018)
T.Pangai (2018)
Pearson (2018)
Sims (2018)
Su'A (2018)
Thaiday (2018)

Off-Contract (But rumoured to re-sign) -

Boyd (2021?)
Milford (2021?)

Off-Contract -

Arrow
Barr
Boyce
Cronin
Dodds
Fai
Funaki
Glenn
Hipgrave
Isaako
Kahu
Lavea
Love-Henry
Marshall
Mead
Molo
Murphy
Ofahengaue
Roberts
Rockley
Scarlett
Seve
Shibasaki
Terupe
Waddell

Do we think we can keep Fai, Arrow and Ofahengaue? Or are we bound to lose one?

I've had the thought last since early to mid last year that it would not be ideal to sign Glenn up again. We have too many up and coming talents that we must prioritise over him otherwise I fear they will go elsewhere.

I don't think Ofa is going to be re-signed unless he breaks into the team in the next 5-7 rounds and starts to hit his straps
He has been overtaken by quite a few players this year

I don't think Ofa is going to be re-signed unless he breaks into the team in the next 5-7 rounds and starts to hit his straps
He has been overtaken by quite a few players this year
I think we will still offer him something. Are you saying it will be his decision to leave because of a lack of opportunity?

I think we will still offer him something. Are you saying it will be his decision to leave because of a lack of opportunity?

Its not the lack of opportunity, its the fact that he has been overtaken by a number of players in his position. If our squads fully fit, he would be like the 3rd call up for the bench

Fai will be definitely be resigned, offa I don't think he will be

Contracted -

Off-Contract -

Arrow - maybe, not as high on him as others, depends on $$$
Barr - get rid
Boyce - get rid
Cronin - get rid
Dodds - keep as cheap backup
Fai - keep, all reports indicate he's going to be some player
Funaki - hows his qcup form? maybe depth
Glenn - worth keeping around, honest player, can fill a number of spots, never complains
Hipgrave - supposedly big wraps on him but not sure if he's progressed?
Isaako - depth signing, take or leave
Kahu - keep
Lavea - get rid
Love-Henry - i was impressed with him in the trials/auckland 9's, i'd keep him
Marshall - keep depending on what's happening next year?
Mead - keep depending on $$$
Molo - get rid
Murphy - get rid
Ofahengaue - keep depending on $$$
Roberts - keep
Rockley - get rid
Scarlett - keep depending on $$$
Seve - keep depending on $$$
Shibasaki - keep
Terupe - get rid
Waddell - get rid

We will offer Offa something, whether he stays is another question. Props need time, and don't all develop at the same time... I'd personally like to keep him on our books for 3/5ths of 5/8ths of sweet FA for the next couple of years and see what happens.

This probably wont go down to well, but i would honestly think twice about paying Milf huge money to stay. If he knuckles down, loses some kilos and gets sharper, Its a no brainer to keep him. At the moment, i'm not sure he is as effective as he could be. Very early days i know, and i am a huge fan of Milford, but i'm beginning to wonder if he has the desire to fulfil his undoubted potential. Maybe i'm a tad harsh on him, or maybe i foolishly dream all our players had Cooper Cronk work ethics.

I'd look at the situation again in a few months, if Milf is killing it and has got himself a bit fitter, then i'd keep him. If not, i'd be looking at how Foran is going. If he has sorted himself out, i'd be looking at bringing him in and then still look at Taylor as well to form a new halves partnership.

Is there a story in the CM today about Milf playing hard to get? I don't pay for news so dunno if it was related to him or not.

We aren't going to get rid of all of those players. They all fill spots in the squad outside of the top 25...

We aren't going to get rid of all of those players. They all fill spots in the squad outside of the top 25...
9 players isnt that big of a cleanout. Players like TeRupe have no place in or out of our 25, we have players like Pearson, Mead, Opacic, Shibasaki, Seve, Isaako that can cover him.

Same with players like Rockley, Boyce, Molo, we have young forwards we can cover their departure.

I want Molo to get a chance if he is hitting it out in ISC.

Is there a story in the CM today about Milf playing hard to get? I don't pay for news so dunno if it was related to him or not.
ANTHONY Milford remains Brisbane’s most complicated retention target of 2017.
The Broncos are flying in their attempts to keep the bulk of Wayne Bennett’s current squad together.
They lost halfback Ben Hunt to St George-Illawarra, but in the past week have locked up winger Corey Oates (until 2018), lock Josh McGuire and hooker Andrew McCullough (both until 2021).
The likes of Jordan Kahu, Alex Glenn, James Roberts, Jai Arrow, Adam Blair and skipper Darius Boyd are still without contracts beyond this season.
But it’s Milford’s deal which looks like being the most complex to finalise.
The 22-year-old has tremendous bargaining power and his management is looking for a lucrative long-term deal.
Uncertainty around the salary cap for 2018 also makes the Broncos’ quest to retain him more difficult.
The Broncos are confident they will keep most of the players they want to, but Milford’s retention will not be simple.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.