OFFICIAL TEAM UPDATE. MAD MONDAY FOREVER

A SATISFYING END

SEPTEMBER 4
Latest updates on fresh injuries and charges in post below.

INJURED

LATEST JUDICIARY

Staggs has been ruled out of Tonga calculations. needs a shoulder reconstruction

Haas needs an operation on his shoulder but will be fit for the world cup

Carrigan needs ankle surgery and will be out for 6 weeks, but will be able to be selected for the Kangaroos

Staggs has been ruled out of Tonga calculations. needs a shoulder reconstruction

Carrigan needs ankle surgery and will be out for 6 weeks, but will be able to be selected for the Kangaroos
Oh boy! Whoever is the conditioning coach, should have a better approach from here on. Can’t have busted players playing when they’re not supposed to.

Oh boy! Whoever is the conditioning coach, should have a better approach from here on. Can’t have busted players playing when they’re not supposed to.

I reckon the season is too long, can't believe they want expansion. 14 teams is plenty, home and away + finals and rep. Or open up the amount of interchanges a bit.

That means Staggs will have had a knee recon and a shoulder recon by the age of 24. Rugby League is a tough gig as we all know. That's why you'll never see me protesting the amount of money these players earn. Considering that they play the toughest sport in the world, they really make **** all.

I reckon the season is too long, can't believe they want expansion. 14 teams is plenty, home and away + finals and rep. Or open up the amount of interchanges a bit.
14 teams home and away actually makes the season longer by 1 game.

Longer by 2 actually. 13 × 2= 26. A 12 team comp would be ideal but not possible with TV networks funding the sport.

Bring in two more teams, and then reduce the season to twenty-two rounds. You'd actually gain games (192 vs 198), and with byes, split rounds and pauses for Origin you could still stretch the season out as long as it is currently - and give players more time to rest and recuperate in-season.

Split the eighteen teams into three divisions of six, based on geography and rivalries, or even seeded from the previous year (more equitable but less likely to happen). You play everyone once (seventeen games) on a rotating home-and-away basis, and then play the teams in your division a second time (five games), for a total of twenty-two rounds. I think that maths checks out.

Adding two more teams is problematic in terms of talent, though...

They won't ever do anything about making the comp/draw fair, the games are picked on TV ratings to maximise viewer numbers and limit the number of dud matches that nobody wants to watch.

They won't ever do anything about making the comp/draw fair, the games are picked on TV ratings to maximise viewer numbers and limit the number of dud matches that nobody wants to watch.
Yup, all this is relevant except for Broncos. According to NSWRL, we must play twice against
Rotters,
South’s,
Storm,
Cowboys,
Eels,
Dogs,
Titans & occasionally Dragons.
From next season, cherry on the top for us would be Dolphins.
We have been playing the above teams twice mostly but the difference has been, when do we play them during the season? That’s all I have been noticing. Stuff the NSWRL draw.

Other than the COVID impacted reduced season, pretty sure we have played the Storm twice every year since 2011.

Due to our inability to beat the Storm (even a close game is rare), they effectively get an extra bye and roughly +30 points to their F/A compared to every other team and we get a handicap of -2 points + aforementioned F/A... Its bullshit!

I've always thought the only fair way to do the draw if they want ratings BS is to have all the top 8 play each other twice, and all the bottom 8 play each other twice.

Us coming off a wooden spoon playing Melbourne twice is BS. It'd also be a lot more entertaining when you don't have Penrith/Storm whooping bottom 8 teams twice a year each.

Yeah, my bad, I did originally say 12, then changed it without redoing my maths.

But the comp is even, we all have the same salary cap right?

There were a couple of games in that period we should have won against Storm.

Round 9, 2011 - If we had Locky we win that game. We had our chances to win, but we didn't have the class to get us over the line.

Round 24, 2012 - That was one of the worst video ref calls I've seen and it ended up costing us in the end.

Round 4, 2013 - Again the Storm benefiting from a bullshit call that proved to be the difference in the end. Thaiday was being held back in the scrum.

Even the other game in 2013, we lost 32-0 but the scoreline didn't reflect how close that game was. Maranta bombed 4 tries at the very least in that game. I think if we had scored all of those tries, we could have won that.

Round 3, 2017 - I put that one down to Roberts and his poor attempt at tackle.

So glad Storm got knocked out of the finals 😁🥳🥰
Would have been better if it was us not Raiders.

There were a couple of games in that period we should have won against Storm.

Round 9, 2011 - If we had Locky we win that game. We had our chances to win, but we didn't have the class to get us over the line.

Round 24, 2012 - That was one of the worst video ref calls I've seen and it ended up costing us in the end.

Round 4, 2013 - Again the Storm benefiting from a bullshit call that proved to be the difference in the end. Thaiday was being held back in the scrum.

Even the other game in 2013, we lost 32-0 but the scoreline didn't reflect how close that game was. Maranta bombed 4 tries at the very least in that game. I think if we had scored all of those tries, we could have won that.

Round 3, 2017 - I put that one down to Roberts and his poor attempt at tackle.

It reminds me of that Megamind quote:

'He'd win some and I'd almost win others, oh we had a great thing going on.'

Active Now

• Dash
  • Aldo
  • lynx000
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.