Teams for Game II

I'm happy with the changes. There comes a time in any team that has a dominance that they will be overcome. If you continue with what you have been doing eventually you will be overtaken. However, if you change things up and look to play differently you are on the font foot. Mal knows what he is doing.

On the other hand it could show he is feeling a little pressure. We may win because we have better strike power but I cannot see why we would copy the NSW blueprint which as yet has failed to beat us over a 3 game series. I've never subscribed to the reasoning that a second rower can do a props job just because they are the same size and weight..

The size of the players isn't that different but you have to have that mindset to be a prop. You have to want to do it. Taylor and Thaiday are perfect examples of that. Not only have we copied a losing blueprint we go that bit extra and pick only one prop.

DCE was also a selection which could compound the mistake of not picking props. There is no way IMO he will get on the field if the game is close, Mal will not replace a proven big game performer if the game is in the balance so it looks like it will be 16 on 16.

If he gets on the field we will either be getting spanked or doing the spanking. So when Scott is off after 20 mins we will have no genuine props on the field, when our starting props get replaced at least one of our starting second rowers has to move to prop.

With this side to me we have to use a different game plan and I can't see that happening, we will use the same plan with the wrong players. It's dumb and unnecessary.

Tamou, Ferguson and Hayne are huge outs for NSW, Qld will be drilling their kicks down Merritts wing, and without Hayne and Ferguson running the ball back, I can see NSW struggle to get it out of their own end of the field. With a faster kick chase team, and more mobility and aggression in our forward pack, we will be attacking with our defense. Hopefully this will lead NSW into pressure errors.
What kind of mindset NSW will come into this match, the fact that they have another game up their sleeve in Sydney back in their minds?
I would still feel more comfortable with Hannant on the bench. 20-35 minute mark is going to be a huge concern when Scott is having a breather and Fifita comes onto the field

I'm sure you've done this on purpose, but just in case

it's either brain surgery or rocket science ......

:thumbup1:
thatsthejoke.jpg

Active Now

• Manlyman
  • thenry
  • bert_lifts
  • davidp
  • The Don
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Manofoneway
  • mieko
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • PETERN
  • BroncoFan94
  • heartly87
  • Foordy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.