Tech Issues.....

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
I'm having an issue with my samsung 8. All of a sudden I can't download the courier mail without wifi.
Downloading anything else is ok.
I've tried all the fixes I can find , uninstalled the app, turned wifi on and off checked all the settings etc.
Any suggestions ??

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I'm having an issue with my samsung 8. All of a sudden I can't download the courier mail without wifi.
Downloading anything else is ok.
I've tried all the fixes I can find , uninstalled the app, turned wifi on and off checked all the settings etc.
Any suggestions ??
I don't suppose there is a setting in the app to only download over WiFi? I don't use it myself, so I'm not sure.

If you're into news too, I reckon ABC's app would be up there with the best for news.

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
I don't suppose there is a setting in the app to only download over WiFi? I don't use it myself, so I'm not sure.

If you're into news too, I reckon ABC's app would be up there with the best for news.
Thanks Nashy.
That is the message that comes up when I try to download but I cant see anywhere in my settings that says exactly that..
I have changed my settings to aggressive to use my data when the wifi is poor or non existent.
This is a new thing. I've had the phone for 2 years possibly an update has affected something

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Thanks Nashy.
That is the message that comes up when I try to download but I cant see anywhere in my settings that says exactly that..
I have changed my settings to aggressive to use my data when the wifi is poor or non existent.
This is a new thing. I've had the phone for 2 years possibly an update has affected something
That setting would usually be set within the app itself, does it have a settings cog hiding anywhere?

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
That setting would usually be set within the app itself, does it have a settings cog hiding anywhere?
Not that I can see. There are some suggestions online from people with similar issues but nothing works for me.

ivanhungryjak

NRL Captain
Suncorp Stadium
Thanks Nashy.
If you go down the bottom of the app to “All sections”, tab down to “settings”, then “Downloads”, make sure the “Allow download on wifi only” tab isn’t on. That’s the only thing I can think of.

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
If you go down the bottom of the app to “All sections”, tab down to “settings”, then “Downloads”, make sure the “Allow download on wifi only” tab isn’t on. That’s the only thing I can think of.
Beat me by a second.

I just downloaded it;

Top left 3 line burger menu button
Settings
Downloads
Thanks heaps . That's been driving me nuts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter