Tennis - General Discussion

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Cmon the Barty Party.

Already up 4-0 in the first.

Looks like Nadal will get his 12th French Open title.

Barty wins it in two sets. Congrats ash!

Well done Ash. Was afraid she was going to 'Stosur' that semi though after that first set. Great to see her reach the top after the break she took a couple of years ago

Awesome effort, she's the first Australian to win a Grand Slam since Stouser at the 2011 US Open. She nearly slipped against Anisimova but showed tremendous resolve to get back into the game after losing 10 games in a row. That was such an odd semi and it seemed like a mixture of Anisimova springing to life and playing some wonderful strokes and Bartey making some bad errors.

It seemed like she learned her lesson against Vondrousova and Marketa just didn't have that extra gear Anisimova had. After the rain delay, it was almost anti-climatic how easily it came together for Bartey, but I would like to think the performance the day before carried her through.

It's been a pretty good week to be a Queenslander. The Origin, the Rugby and Bartey all stepped up. Shame about the Lions, but there's been a lot to like about their 2019 after years of being a non-event.

I find it difficult to see Thiem beating Rafa, especially after his past couple of performances. It's very rare to see an in-form Federer just utterly out-class in the manner he was the other night. Just unbelievable tennis at times and a real treat to watch. It was one of the few occassions where I gladly chose another sport over Rugby League.

Wow so good from Ash Barty, what a legend! She has just breezed through this tournament. She has always had such good technique and ability but has worked really hard on the mental side of things, which is the biggest part of tennis and it shows. I loved reading about how she comes in to tournaments now and stays completely removed from it. She stays away from the area, comes in to play her matches and leaves almost straight away to keep herself fresh and unaffected from her opponents.

After years of Tomic and Kyrgios it feels really good to have a champion Australian player that is also a great person.

My wife used to teach her out in Ipswich and says she was always just so down to earth, even when she was having success early.

Well done Ash.

Last edited:
Had $50 on Barts to win the final 2-0, onya girl, never doubt a Queenslander.

Awesome effort, she's the first Australian to win a Grand Slam since Stouser at the 2011 US Open. She nearly slipped against Anisimova but showed tremendous resolve to get back into the game after losing 10 games in a row. That was such an odd semi and it seemed like a mixture of Anisimova springing to life and playing some wonderful strokes and Bartey making some bad errors.

It seemed like she learned her lesson against Vondrousova and Marketa just didn't have that extra gear Anisimova had. After the rain delay, it was almost anti-climatic how easily it came together for Bartey, but I would like to think the performance the day before carried her through.

It's been a pretty good week to be a Queenslander. The Origin, the Rugby and Bartey all stepped up. Shame about the Lions, but there's been a lot to like about their 2019 after years of being a non-event.

I find it difficult to see Thiem beating Rafa, especially after his past couple of performances. It's very rare to see an in-form Federer just utterly out-class in the manner he was the other night. Just unbelievable tennis at times and a real treat to watch. It was one of the few occassions where I gladly chose another sport over Rugby League.

Also the first Aussie female to win a French Open since Margaret Court in 1973.

I can't see Thiem beat Rafa at all, not in the French Open. Rafa is damn near unstoppable on these courts.

It was a great match to watch. Good to see all of her hard work finally pay off and win a singles Grand Slam. Onya Barty.

Wow so good from Ash Barty, what a legend! She has just breezed through this tournament. She has always had such good technique and ability but has worked really hard on the mental side of things, which is the biggest part of tennis and it shows. I loved reading about how she comes in to tournaments now and stays completely removed from it. She stays away from the area, comes in to play her matches and leaves almost straight away to keep herself fresh and unaffected from her opponents.

After years of Tomic and Kyrgios it feels really good to have a champion Australian player that is also a great person.

My wife used to teach her out in Ipswich and says she was always just so down to earth, even when she was having success early.

Well done Ash.

It really is nice to be able to have an Australian player you actually want to support doing consistently well. Hopefully she can continue on her upward trajectory, she is now world number 2!

Well done Ash.

I've met her mum and aunt back when I was doing Ultrasound placement, they are fantastic too, especially her aunt, who helped me a lot.

Ash Barty is just one win away from claiming the #1 spot.

Annoying video to watch more than anything, bloke has more natural talent than just about anyone, if only he could put his ego and terrible attitude aside.

Serena lost to Halep in the final

0DC96C99 C8F4 455D 8C48 760500C332CF

Last edited:
Djokovic vs Fed has been good.

Fed smashed in the 2nd set, but Djoko lifted his game when it counted and won the tiebreakers in the 1st and the 3rd so far.

Fed just got a break at 8 - 7 in the final set. He's been the better player, Djok just really stood up in those 2 tie breaker sets.

And Djokovic breaks back. Fuuuuuck just end already.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • Fitzy
  • Lozza
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Johnny92
  • Mustafur
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
  • Scorchie
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.