NEWS Te'o to start against old club as injury woes hit Broncos

hard to understand the hate for Teo starting when we have a fucking busted flush winger in the 2nd row with him...

**** Oates out of their first before Teo...

Of course we seem to be the only club which thinks this is a smart move...
I haven't seen much hate as such but there's a few who just don't realize just how good he was and undervalue how good he still is. There hasn't been any posts, as far as I can tell that have been calling him out for a crap performance. In fact many haven't noticed any drop in field performance when he comes on and I think that's a great sign. I also believe he is improving every week with increasingly superior fitness. I think he just may end up being a regular 17 guy even with a full compliment of troops. He'd be on my bench every week if he maintains the rage.

Last edited:
I haven't seen much hate as such but there's a few who just don't realize just how good he was and undervalue how good he still is. There hasn't been any posts, as far as I can tell that have been calling him out for a crap performance. In fact many haven't noticed any drop in field performance when he comes on and I think that's a great sign. I also believe he is improving every week with increasingly superior fitness. I think he just may end up being a regular 17 guy even with a full compliment of troops. He'd be on my bench every week if he maintains the rage.
I have to agree. For a squad down on experience, particularly in the forwards, having a genuine hard prick like Te'o, who has won a premiership, represented Qld in SOO, Samoa internationally and then England in Rugby is a boon in my view. I also think he is improving every time he runs out. In no way has all of the juice been squeezed out of this lemon.

I have to agree. For a squad down on experience, particularly in the forwards, having a genuine hard prick like Te'o, who has won a premiership, represented Qld in SOO, Samoa internationally and then England in Rugby is a boon in my view. I also think he is improving every time he runs out. In no way has all of the juice been squeezed out of this lemon.
Given it's Round 10 this is almost exactly the time a bloke like Te'o would be getting a run even under normal circumstances as our squad in every other season would be getting decimated by Origin right about now.

Given it's Round 10 this is almost exactly the time a bloke like Te'o would be getting a run even under normal circumstances as our squad in every other season would be getting decimated by Origin right about now.
That's true isn't it. Rhetorical. In this comp older players are scarcer than ten years ago and ten before that. Don't be surprised though if Te'o is considered first 17 even with everyone available. That's assuming an injury free run of current (improving) form. He might even go around next year too like Cameron Smith. Aged well and Te'o has had quite a few softer years in rugby so who knows.

Teo was in the best three on grounds in the Souths GF, I'd argue he was even better than Burgess, just behind Inglis.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.