OFFICIAL Terry Matterson and Steve Walters gone.

As of Round 19 we had the 5th best defense in the NRL and had only conceded 7 more points than the Melbourne Storm.

We obviously capitulated to finish the season, but I don't think that's on the defensive coach. We proved over the first 19 rounds that we can defend and whatever Cartwright was doing was working. I can understand why he's been kept around.
yep and we had a fair few busted bodies aswell which wouldn't of helped our cause.

I thought our defence was improved, massively so when you take those last few rounds out of the equation, what happened at the end was more of a complete lack of effort then anything a defensive coach could of done.

Contract out to 2024 would likely be the reason. Too much to pay out.
An assistant coach with a longer contract than the head coach... that's hilarious.... but WTF?!?

Matterson is attack.
Cartwright does defence.

'Terry, John, thanks for coming in today. You'd both agree it wasn't the end of the year we'd hoped for, but before we make any rash decisions we want to have an honest chat and work out what went wrong. John, let's start with you. You're the defensive coach. What have you got to say about how the season finished?'

'The best defense is a good attack.'

'Very persuasive, John, thank you. Terry, you're fired.'

'Wait, what?'

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Horseheadsup
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • BroncsNBundy
  • jd87
  • Culhwch
  • achievedrap
  • I bleed Maroon
  • simplythebest
  • mitch222
  • LittleDavey
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • Waynesaurus
  • Tim K
  • Battler
... and 57 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.