Tesi Niu Discussion

W

Who knows these days! Only suggesting it as an idea. I don't think it will happen
Suggestions are fine, but it isn't realistic to ask the NRL to allow us to release a guy that we only re-signed to a new deal a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Suggestions are fine, but it isn't realistic to ask the NRL to allow us to release a guy that we only re-signed to a new deal a few weeks ago.
I am not suggesting we release him. I am suggesting that another club may want to sign him like what happens all the time e.g. Nikorima. Ultimately, you can only move on players that are wanted somewhere else and I think Offa would fall into this category (if he wanted to move as well). Not likely but may potentially be the only way to create salary cap room

Last edited:
Well let's look at it, who would attract interest from elsewhere for the contracts they are on:

1. Milford (Yes but would have to be heavily subsidised)
2. Oates (Seems not necessarily given he just re-signed)
3. Staggs (Absolutely but reportedly just re-signed and Broncs cannot lose him)
4. Glenn (Yes he has interest for sure, loves the club though thankfully)
5. Isaako (Yes he would have interest for sure)
6. Boyd (Haha, no seriously, ahahahahahahahaha)
7. Turpin (Yes, he had interest before re-signing)
8. Lodge (Yes, just re-signed but would attract offers for sure)
9. Macca (Seems some lukewarm interest but would need to be subsidised and seems does not want to leave)
10. Haas (All clubs, sports and sides in league, rugby, probably NFL and wrestling would want this kid, everyone would through the chequebook at him, he is going nowhere)
11. Fifita (See above)
12. Gillett (If he wasn't broken, would absolutely attract interest but he looks like his retirement is imminent)
13. Joffa (Just re-signed but he would definitely attract interest)

14. Segeyaro (Hard to get a contract when you may well be suspended for the rest of your career)
15. Flegler (Yes, not yet re-signed and would have a number of clubs interested BUT not on big money currently)
16. Carrigan (Yes has had and would have a number of clubs lining him up, has re-signed thankfully)
17. TPJ (Absolutely would have clubs interested but has re-signed and does not seem to really want to go anywhere)

So a number of players would attract interest if available.

Well let's look at it, who would attract interest from elsewhere for the contracts they are on:

1. Milford (Yes but would have to be heavily subsidised)
3. Staggs (Absolutely but reportedly just re-signed and Broncs cannot lose him)
4. Glenn (Yes he has interest for sure, loves the club though thankfully)
5. Isaako (Yes he would have interest for sure)
6. Boyd (Haha, no seriously, ahahahahahahahaha)
7. Turpin (Yes, he had interest before re-signing)
8. Lodge (Yes, just re-signed but would attract offers for sure)
9. Macca (Seems some lukewarm interest but would need to be subsidised and seems does not want to leave)
10. Haas (All clubs, sports and sides in league, rugby, probably NFL and wrestling would want this kid, everyone would through the chequebook at him, he is going nowhere)
11. Fifita (See above)
12. Gillett (If he wasn't broken, would absolutely attract interest but he looks like his retirement is imminent)
13. Joffa (Just re-signed but he would definitely attract interest)

14. Segeyaro (Hard to get a contract when you may well be suspended for the rest of your career)
15. Flegler (Yes, not yet re-signed and would have a number of clubs interested BUT not on big money currently)
16. Carrigan (Yes has had and would have a number of clubs lining him up, has re-signed thankfully)
17. TPJ (Absolutely would have clubs interested but has re-signed and does not seem to really want to go anywhere)

So a number of players would attract interest if available.
Of those that would attract interest who would we be willing to lose? Altho ugh not ideal it's Offa for me

Of those that would attract interest who would we be willing to lose? Altho ugh not ideal it's Offa for me

Ideally Bird but he has already been offered around and no one wants him, hence he wasn't added to this list.

Gillett retiring is the best option for me.

Ideally Bird but he has already been offered around and no one wants him, hence he wasn't added to this list.

Gillett retiring is the best option for me.
I agree if it happens and can be signed off

just because Oates has agreed to terms with us doesn't mean he had no interest ... on the contrary there were reports that at least 1 Sydney team offered him around 700k a season

TPJ is playing in the Tonga vs Aus game, he was named in reserves as his suspension is served now(great news as now he won't miss round 1 too hehe)but 100% will be named in the side probably on the bench as impact.

Last edited:
Nui is an interesting one, I wasn't too impressed this year until the last two months when he was moved to fullback. Against the Jets he got them back in the game by being on the ball. They started terribly and were behind but then he showed a lot of smarts to get them moving again. He came from the far right to the left to score his try.

Jets was his best game all year.

Queensland U18 he scored two tries, he got in some trouble with the intercept nearly getting run down by a prop and he was spoken to about that- just get over the line.

More impressive was his reaction for the Walsh try, he got the ball and created space for his team and moved it on.

Second try was skip to the outside and just burn the other centre, he just destroyed them with quick reaction.

Under 20 Origin his defence impressed me, didn't miss a tackle amongst the carnage of 36-10.

Take home message for me was he got better as the season went on and was better at fullback than centre and didn't drop his head in two awful teams Souths and Queensland 20's.
He'll be our fullback. Calling it now.

It's a two horse race now with him and Jesse A

Last edited:
He'll be our fullback. Calling it now.

It's a two horse race now with him and Jesse A
Surely Isaako is in the box seat. At the very least it's a three horse race.

Personally I think Nui will start the year in Queensland Cup.

Surely Isaako is in the box seat. At the very least it's a three horse race.

Personally I think Nui will start the year in Queensland Cup.
Na.. not for mine. He's a winger

The key findings
  • There was no difference in the peak demands for backs between playing standard, and only small differences in peak speed for forwards
  • Forwards display greater acceleration and accelerometer load compared to backs
  • There was only a small difference in the peak running speed between NRL and Intrust Super Cup forwards
While the study did not incorporate the significant energetic cost of rugby league’s often brutal collisions, it illuminates the narrowing match intensity between the NRL and Intrust Super Cup, which provides a direct pathway to the top grade.

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2019/11...BbAdpRseJxIwBLn5dzWkBNWlycpB4IrMDI_hX4LUMH8gw

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.