VOTE TESI NIU is BHQ Player of Round 14

Who is your player of the round? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Pick your three best players from Saturday night's match against the Canberra Raiders and discuss below. You can change your mind until the poll closes on Tuesday.

Note: donkey votes will not be counted.

Congratulations to Albert Kelly winner of Round Thirteen. Get well soon and hurry back!

BHQ Best 13

LEADERBOARD

Tevita Pangai Junior355
Payne Haas307
Herbie Farnworth182
Jamayne Isaako181
Matthew Lodge157
Jake Turpin101
David Mead87
Tyson Gamble76
Xavier Coates68
Anthony Milford62
Jordan Riki59
Corey Oates57
Tesi Niu35
TC Robati30
Brodie Croft28
Rhys Kennedy25
Albert Kelly21
Tom Dearden18
John Asiata17
Thomas Flegler15
Kobe Hetherington15
Ethan Bullemor11
Jesse Arthars11
Ben Te'o7
Patrick Carrigan5
Alex Glenn3
Richard Kennar2
Danny Levi2
Keenan Palasia2

Well we have the 15th ranked side and I'd argue the 15th/16th ranked coach.

Haas - 3 points easy.
Nui - 2 looked threatening!
Paix - showed what a dummy half should do!

3 points for Haas. that's it. If I could take points away from the likes of Glenn, I would.

3 points to The Ref
2 points Touchie
1 point Touchie

3 points for Haas. that's it. If I could take points away from the likes of Glenn, I would.

Interesting concept:

3 - Haas
2 - Niu
1 - Cobbo
0 - Paix
-1 - Farnworth
-2 - Hunt
-3 - Hetherington
-4 - Flegler
-5 - Turpin
-6 - Robati
-7 - Pangai Jr
-8 - Arthars
-9 - Lodge
-10 - Gamble
-12 - Asiata
-13 - Copley

Haas
Niu
Farnworth

Can't believe Kevvie moved him to wing

I would give the chocolates to Haas for his all round efforts but I cant tonight. He was directly responsible for two of their tries. It irks me that he doesn't push up off the goal line in defence and he essentially just turns into a speed bump.

This is definitely not a beat up on Haas, he was still our best player but he needs to cut the habit out of his game. It is amazing none of our coaches have seemingly tried to address it whereas every other coach in the comp has identified and exploited it.

3 points go to Niu for this one.

I would give the chocolates to Haas for his all round efforts but I cant tonight. He was directly responsible for two of their tries. It irks me that he doesn't push up off the goal line in defence and he essentially just turns into a speed bump.

This is definitely not a beat up on Haas, he was still our best player but he needs to cut the habit out of his game. It is amazing none of our coaches have seemingly tried to address it whereas every other coach in the comp has identified and exploited it.

3 points go to Niu for this one.
Unfortunately it's not just off the goal line. It's anywhere on the field. He provides no line speed and just passively let's attackers come to him instead of getting up quick and in their faces.

He's not alone though and the lack of line speed is the biggest issue with our defence.

Haas - Even though his defence went back to what he was doing last year with the lazy efforts
TPJ - Same as above, some real lazy shit efforts.
Niu - Showed really good footwork....That's all it takes to be a top 3 player in a game for Brisbane these days.

Haas - Even though his defence went back to what he was doing last year with the lazy efforts
TPJ - Same as above, some real lazy shit efforts.
Niu - Showed really good footwork....That's all it takes to be a top 3 player in a game for Brisbane these days.
Yeah, I've watched TPJ pretty closely over the last few weeks. He can be a big liability in defence because of his laziness. He struggles on the edge in defence but I like him there in attack.

This was a tough week TBH (granted, most are).

Haas is clearly the hardest worker and things would only get worse without him, but his likely being overworked leads to him making crucial errors in defence. He got a vote from me but he's starting to rack them up from me increasingly by default.

TPJ is a constant threat in attack on an Edge, but his defence there is really poor, even by our standards. I skipped him this week.

Cobbo got a vote from me because I think he's trying his ass off and getting limited stuff to work with. Not a great sign when a rookie Winger is one of your better contributors.

Niu gets a vote too, probably his best game for us, but also far from a complete performance. He's lucky this was a very weak field to choose from.

In another resounding loss, notable only for a quiet cameo by KARMICHAEL HUNT, TESI NIU returned from the ISC to win BHQ's Player of Round 14.

Well played, Tesi!

TEVITA PANGAI JR remains top of the leaderboard.

BHQ Best 14

Leaderboard

Tevita Pangai Junior
361​
Payne Haas
322​
Matthew Lodge
197​
Herbie Farnworth
187​
Jamayne Isaako
182​
Jake Turpin
101​
David Mead
92​
Tyson Gamble
81​
Xavier Coates
68​
TC Robati
66​
Albert Kelly
63​
Anthony Milford
62​
Jordan Riki
59​
Corey Oates
57​
Tesi Niu
53​
Brodie Croft
28​
Rhys Kennedy
25​
Selwyn Cobbo
21​
Tom Dearden
18​
John Asiata
17​
Kobe Hetherington
17​
Thomas Flegler
15​
Jesse Arthars
12​
Ethan Bullemor
11​
Ben Te'o
7​
Patrick Carrigan
6​
Cory Paix
5​
Alex Glenn
3​
Richard Kennar
2​
Danny Levi
2​
Keenan Palasia
2​
Karmichael Hunt
1​
Dale Copley
0​

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Locky field goal
  • Culhwch
  • broncos4life
  • BroncoFan94
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • achievedrap
  • winslow_wong
  • Thelmus
  • Griffo
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Manofoneway
  • Tmac
  • Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • IceWorks
  • heartly87
... and 48 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.