OFFICIAL Tesi Niu released by Broncos

I'm still surprised they signed him at all.
It’s pretty tough trying to put together the best backline out of their current crop of average players but even so I would think Tesi is only depth for one season on a subsidises contract. I personally still wouldn’t have signed him but maybe Wayne thinks he can squeeze a couple okay games out of him if needed.

1. Tabuai-Fidow
2. E Lee
3. B Lee
4. Aitkin
5. Isaako

I would actually accept arguments that Jennings and possibly Lemuelu are equal or better options than Isaako but his goal kicking makes him hard not to pick. Brenko could also be replaced with Jennings or Te Whare without much resistance.

The spine is looking like

1. HTF
6. Milford
7. SOS
9. JMK

which is also pretty grim reading. If it wasn’t for Wayne and a decent forward pack you wouldn’t give the Phins much hope in their debut season.

It’s pretty tough trying to put together the best backline out of their current crop of average players but even so I would think Tesi is only depth for one season on a subsidises contract. I personally still wouldn’t have signed him but maybe Wayne thinks he can squeeze a couple okay games out of him if needed.

1. Tabuai-Fidow
2. E Lee
3. B Lee
4. Aitkin
5. Isaako

I would actually accept arguments that Jennings and possibly Lemuelu are equal or better options than Isaako but his goal kicking makes him hard not to pick. Brenko could also be replaced with Jennings or Te Whare without much resistance.

1. HTF
6. Milford
7. SOS
9. JMK

which is also pretty grim reading. If it wasn’t for Wayne and a decent forward pack you wouldn’t give the Phins much hope in their debut season.
Be stronger next year when they have Oates, Farnworth, Arthars, Quai Ward and Pereira.

The Dolphins won't do that, they aren't here to cannibalise the Broncos remember. Hehe

Let them try doing that & in the process get screwed beyond hope. They will be an irrelevant team like Titans have been.

Let them try doing that & in the process get screwed beyond hope. They will be an irrelevant team like Titans have been.

I dont think they will go the way of the Titans. Might take them a few years, but they have an excellent system that will produce their own players through their pathways. They wont be irrelevant because they are, despite the stupid name changed, a well established, well run football club.

1. Tabuai-Fidow
2. E Lee
3. B Lee
4. Aitkin
5. Isaako

1. HTF
6. Milford
7. SOS
9. JMK

It will be your typical Bennett side

Beat you in the forwards and then expertly master the sweeping play close to your try line

It will be your typical Bennett side

Beat you in the forwards and then expertly master the sweeping play close to your try line
I’m sure. It will be the least talented squad he’s had outside of Newcastle though

The difference being they don't have that dominant star player to pull off the move.

He has always managed to coach his sides to do it though, Boyd ended up being one of the best at it and early on you probably wouldn't have thought he had that in him

He has always managed to coach his sides to do it though, Boyd ended up being one of the best at it and early on you probably wouldn't have thought he had that in him
His problem is that defensive technique has improved so much since then, it just doesn’t cut it anymore.

His problem is that defensive technique has improved so much since then, it just doesn’t cut it anymore.

Yeah most sides have their half rush up and shut down the fullback, that's the way to counter it but it all depends on how much space is created by the work of the halves

Hammer is their only potentially good back that team is horrific, if bennett gets 10th or higher with that garbage team he is overperforming massively.

Beating the Phins is a simple proposition in 2023 at least, just win the forward battle and the rest will take care of itself. That spine and backline wouldn't look out of place at the Tigers.

Beating the Phins is a simple proposition in 2023 at least, just win the forward battle and the rest will take care of itself. That spine and backline wouldn't look out of place at the Tigers.
Agree. But for everyone saying their forwards are solid, I just don't see it. Jesse Bromwich and Kaufusi are only going to slow down, Nicholls is average at best. Kenny Bromwich is probably their best forward. Just don't see enough punch there.

Agree. But for everyone saying their forwards are solid, I just don't see it. Jesse Bromwich and Kaufusi are only going to slow down, Nicholls is average at best. Kenny Bromwich is probably their best forward. Just don't see enough punch there.

They've got the post-Storm blues to worry about as well. Cronk, Inglis and JAC are just about the only players I've seen escape it.

They've got the post-Storm blues to worry about as well. Cronk, Inglis and JAC are just about the only players I've seen escape it.

And all backs. Who was the last Storm forward that left and either went as well or got better?

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.