CRICKET Test team of 2022

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
My Test team of the year.

Usman Khawaja-1080 runs at 67.5- four 100's and 11 matches. Two 100's in Sydney is his gold standard.

Kraigg Braithwaite-687 runs at 62.45-two 100's and seven matches. Showed great fight in England and Australia.

Marnus Labuschagne-957 runs at 56.29-four 100's from 11 matches. First overseas 100 this year in Sri Lanka and toyed with the WI.

Babar Azam-1184 runs at 69.64- four 100's from nine matches. Most runs in the year, from 16 bats he passed 50 11 times.

Jonny Bairstow-1061 runs at 66.31, six 100's from 10 matches. His five bats at home were outstanding.

Ben Stokes-870 runs, 36.25 and 15 wickets at 31 from 15 matches. Probably captain too.

Rishabh Pant-680 runs at 61.81, two 100's, 23 catches, six stumpings from seven matches.

Pat Cummins-36 wickets at 21.83 from 10 matches. 12 wickets at 22 in Pakistan is outstanding on dead pitches. 7-1 win record first year in charge but now the big two wins are next.

Kagiso Rabada-47 wickets at 22.25 from nine matches- leading wicket taker.

James Anderson-36 wickets at 19.8 from nine matches-eight wickets at 18 at the bowlers grave yard Pakistan.

Nathan Lyon-47 wickets at 29 from 11 matches-stepped up in Pakistan and in Perth and was great.

12th man- Marco Jansen- 36 wickets at 17- shined bright in four different countries.

Honourable mention to Iman UL-Haq who was close to opening with Uzzie. Two 100's against Australia and one against England but they were all in Pakistan.

I liked his guts.

That’s almost exactly the same as Cricinfo’s except you have Azam for Root.

I don't think anyone would differ too much. The bowlers were pretty easy. It always comes to where you get your runs and wickets and what conditions.

I value that highly.

I don't think anyone would differ too much. The bowlers were pretty easy. It always comes to where you get your runs and wickets and what conditions.

I value that highly.

The only one who I'd argue against is Jensen. He has taken wickets on green tops everywhere and as soon as he had a pitch that was fairly docile in Melbourne, he looked pretty average. As much as I hate to say it, I reckon Ollie Robinson would be in there if you value all conditions. He bowled really well in Pakistan on absolute roads.

The only one who I'd argue against is Jensen. He has taken wickets on green tops everywhere and as soon as he had a pitch that was fairly docile in Melbourne, he looked pretty average. As much as I hate to say it, I reckon Ollie Robinson would be in there if you value all conditions. He bowled really well in Pakistan on absolute roads.

Lords and the Oval weren't in his favour and he finished with one less wicket than Anderson and five less than Broad playing one less game and at a better average.

I don't think he looked average at all in Melbourne, 1 wicket sure but they couldn't score off him. 28 overs is massive. He was the most economical bowler, off the same number of overs Rabada went for 55 more runs. He showed versatility in his bowling.

My Test team of the year.

Usman Khawaja-1080 runs at 67.5- four 100's and 11 matches. Two 100's in Sydney is his gold standard.

Kraigg Braithwaite-687 runs at 62.45-two 100's and seven matches. Showed great fight in England and Australia.

Marnus Labuschagne-957 runs at 56.29-four 100's from 11 matches. First overseas 100 this year in Sri Lanka and toyed with the WI.

Babar Azam-1184 runs at 69.64- four 100's from nine matches. Most runs in the year, from 16 bats he passed 50 11 times.

Jonny Bairstow-1061 runs at 66.31, six 100's from 10 matches. His five bats at home were outstanding.

Ben Stokes-870 runs, 36.25 and 15 wickets at 31 from 15 matches. Probably captain too.

Rishabh Pant-680 runs at 61.81, two 100's, 23 catches, six stumpings from seven matches.

Pat Cummins-36 wickets at 21.83 from 10 matches. 12 wickets at 22 in Pakistan is outstanding on dead pitches. 7-1 win record first year in charge but now the big two wins are next.

Kagiso Rabada-47 wickets at 22.25 from nine matches- leading wicket taker.

James Anderson-36 wickets at 19.8 from nine matches-eight wickets at 18 at the bowlers grave yard Pakistan.

Nathan Lyon-47 wickets at 29 from 11 matches-stepped up in Pakistan and in Perth and was great.

12th man- Marco Jansen- 36 wickets at 17- shined bright in four different countries.
Stokes numbers stand out there. Not that impressive.

Green ahead of him with the ball and arguably the bat too.

The big thing with Root is how many test matches England play.

Root only averaged 45 compared to Azam's 69!!

Root had 27 innings vs Babar's 17.... even Uzzie got his 1080 runs in 20 innings.... so Root had almost 4 extra test matches a year if you assume 2 innings a match

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Organix
  • Battler
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Aldo
  • Brocko
  • Mustafur
  • westy316
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Financeguy
  • Waynesaurus
  • kiwi2
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • Dash
  • TimWhatley
  • BroncosAlways
  • Browny
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.