OFFICIAL Tevita Pangai is not our problem anymore

Developing:

At this stage it looks like he's seeing out 2021 and joining the Dogs next year, with Brisbane releasing him from his 2022 contract. If that's the case, the club won't need to subsidize the deal.

Never really heard anything bad about Lodge or Pangai as trainers. I was more thinking can we tolerate more off field dramas from repeat offenders. It's a tricky position we are in right now in that regard
Let's just hope they've both learned because they are far and away our best two players. It would freaking suck if we had to let them go.

It’s a weird mindset, but he’s not alone. After the cows gf there were broncos fans in broncos jerseys (at the ground) genuinely happy that the cows won because they are a “qld club”. It seems like an exclusively Aus thing to make yourself feel like a winner regardless of the outcome. Imagine man city fans gloating about Man U winning the league because “at least a Manchester side won”.
I've never understood this mentality to be honest. Every club is in opposition to mine. I hate them all equally. Also, I have never seen a Cowboys fan barrack for the Broncos as a second team "because QLD". Seems to be a bronco fan thing.

I've never understood this mentality to be honest. Every club is in opposition to mine. I hate them all equally. Also, I have never seen a Cowboys fan barrack for the Broncos as a second team "because QLD". Seems to be a bronco fan thing.

I hate this more than anything. I hate that to most Broncos fans, the QLD origin team means more. Brisbane is awesome. The rest of Queensland is a shit hole. Cowboys and Titans are scumbag clubs.

The half Bronco/half NQ scarves at the 2015 GF make me sick. They played clips of the 2015 GF at Suncorp Stadium the very next year, because yaaay little brother, what a great grand final. Do we not have any pride?

The line "we are the Broncos of Queensland" in the club song annoys me so much. We aren't the Queensland Broncos, we are Brisbane.

At our home stadium we have statues of players from other teams. While Mal and Artie are definitely fine to have there and not distasteful, the time is coming where we will see a Billy Slater/Cameron Smith/Jonathan Thurston statue outside of our stadium.

We are a team in Queensland, we are the premier team in Queensland, but we need to start separating ourselves from the Queensland of it all, and start being Brisbane.

*ahem* good luck Tevita.

TPJ is tickled pink to be joining the Bulldogs:

“I love the roster they are building. I’ve heard a lot about Trent and the way he sees the game. David Furner signed me when I was a young boy at Newcastle to go to the Raiders."

“Having him there looking after my defence and holding me accountable, then having Trent Barrett who is one of the greatest attacking minds in the game, it was an easy choice for me to go to the Dogs. The attraction of working with Gus and him working his magic with the roster, I think it’s going to be back to being a strong club again. It’s a big club, and once big clubs get rolling they are hard to stop. With Gus back, there’s only good days ahead.”

“I won’t live too far away from Sonny. I will be making sure I’m living around good people. Sonny is a good influence on me. In this time in my life I want to be around good people and strong-minded people.”

“It’s nothing against the Tigers. I just felt the roster the Bulldogs were building suited me. I’m sure the Tigers will build. They have a great coach in Michael Maguire that’s won a comp as a coach. Not many coaches can say they’ve gone to the big dance and won. I’m sure that they’ll find good players and build a good team. Michael Maguire and Adam Hartigan (Wests Tigers football manager) are good fellas. But at this time in my career I feel the Bulldogs are the best for me with their roster and coaching staff.”

“I thought it was all dead and buried. But I spoke to Ivan and Cameron Ciraldo and wanted to strike something. I told them I was willing to come. I know they have a strong team already. I’m glad I got the consent of the Broncos and Bulldogs. They’ve been helpful letting me go to a club like the Panthers. I think it will be a good for my development."

“I didn’t want to leave. I’m shattered I have to leave, but that’s footy. Sometimes you get the tap on the shoulder and you have to make way. They said it would be best for both parties. Ben Ikin is a nice fella. I got to know him for a few weeks. It was different not seeing him on my screen every night. Both him and Dave Donaghy have been great to me. I’m happy they get what they want and I get what I want, which is an opportunity to work with Gus and Trent in Sydney.”

“It was such a hard time in 2018, knowing which side to take. Do you take the side of the CEO and what they’re trying to achieve? Or do you take the side of the best coach in the game and someone who I came to this club just to be coached by?"

" It was sad the way it ended with Wayne. He’s one of the greatest coaches. He knew how to coach me. I wouldn’t say I’m different, but he knew how to get the best out of me. But at the end of the day it’s up to me to put in consistent performances. Payne Haas has had three different coaches, but his performances don’t waiver. That’s what great athletes do, when there’s adversity they can still play great footy.”

“I don’t think it’s too much of a risk for Penrith. If it’s a small role off the bench or if it’s just helping out at training running shapes for the reserve grade team - I’m just happy to help out and learn, man. I want to learn off the great players they have like Nathan Cleary and the great coaches like Ciraldo and Ivan.”

McHunt

FFS: Just saw him on Channel 9, he is devastated to be leaving etc. (I nearly chocked on my glass of water)

Why then do you have 'secret' talks with a rival team.

Never really heard anything bad about Lodge or Pangai as trainers. I was more thinking can we tolerate more off field dramas from repeat offenders. It's a tricky position we are in right now in that regard
The broncos have only really indicated that Lodge and TPJ have been moved on to ease salary cap pressures.

It's only been speculation that they were bad eggs from a cultural sense... so from that sense they management haven't really set a precedent of moving players on. They have been talking about resetting the culture, but misdemeanours doesn't necessarily have to automatically result in termination.

It’s a shame they are letting go of Napa. Can you imagine TPJ and Napa in the same team.

They could compete with each other to see who could become the next Danny Williams.
I am looking forward to both he & Jack Hetherington playing in the same team.

Wonder who will have the most penalties against them & who gets suspended the most.

The broncos have only really indicated that Lodge and TPJ have been moved on to ease salary cap pressures.

It's only been speculation that they were bad eggs from a cultural sense... so from that sense they management haven't really set a precedent of moving players on. They have been talking about resetting the culture, but misdemeanours doesn't necessarily have to automatically result in termination.

It does if they are toxic to the team.

Interesting to think about. Can a team win a premiership with all good guys? Or do you need a few loose cannons to get it done??

Melbourne have more than a few loose cannons. The difference between them and us is they have the staff with the balls to keep those loose cannons in line.

I do think its part of it, especially with TPJ. His discipline, shopping himself around and his stupid covid breach just dont hit very high standards imo. The only other real repeat offenders i can think of off the top of my head are Staggs and Haas. Haas especially has been an issue when you think he has probably had 3 incidents in 4 years of first grade. I'm really hoping that one before the start of this season is the end of it with him.

I do think its part of it, especially with TPJ. His discipline, shopping himself around and his stupid covid breach just dont hit very high standards imo. The only other real repeat offenders i can think of off the top of my head are Staggs and Haas. Haas especially has been an issue when you think he has probably had 3 incidents in 4 years of first grade. I'm really hoping that one before the start of this season is the end of it with him.
Was thinking that everything publicly said by management about getting rid of them has been associated with easing salary cap pressure... they could've been very carefully worded that way so as to not set a precedent.

Dragons have painted themselves into a corner with their actions on Vaughan... they probably couldn't tear up his $800k contract quick enough after he was caught out for his bbq.

If another incident occurs and it just so happens to be a player they want to keep (Lomax, JDB, Bird, etc.), it will be difficult to justify keeping the player on given they just sacked Vaughan.

Melbourne have more than a few loose cannons. The difference between them and us is they have the staff with the balls to keep those loose cannons in line.
Completely different being loose after a couple of ales , compared to just straight up dumb

You know I don't see the media whinging about the Panthers CEO after they ruled out signing TPJ only for things to change 24 hours later ... like they did when Kev said Lodge and TPJ were staying this year, until things changed a day or two later 🤔

You know I don't see the media whinging about the Panthers CEO after they ruled out signing TPJ only for things to change 24 hours later ... like they did when Kev said Lodge and TPJ were staying this year, until things changed a day or two later 🤔
Few sydney clubs have been kissed on the dick by the nrl and the media ever since covid started.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Cavalo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.