OFFICIAL Tevita Pangai is not our problem anymore

Developing:

At this stage it looks like he's seeing out 2021 and joining the Dogs next year, with Brisbane releasing him from his 2022 contract. If that's the case, the club won't need to subsidize the deal.

You know I don't see the media whinging about the Panthers CEO after they ruled out signing TPJ only for things to change 24 hours later ... like they did when Kev said Lodge and TPJ were staying this year, until things changed a day or two later 🤔

Panthers CEO has done it once, Kevvie has done it with practically every single player.

Apparently TPJ has joined Penrith.

Ive just gone and found the best price for Storm B2B premiers.

How could they be so fucking stupid.

Penrith are in the middle fo their current premiership window.....and they go grab this cancer...?

Melbourne must be licking their lips...

Penrith im sorry but i think youve made a huge mistake here...

Can we change the thread title? He may no longer be at the club, but he’s still very much our financial problem.

Apparently TPJ has joined Penrith.

Ive just gone and found the best price for Storm B2B premiers.

How could they be so fucking stupid.

Penrith are in the middle fo their current premiership window.....and they go grab this cancer...?

Melbourne must be licking their lips...

Penrith im sorry but i think youve made a huge mistake here...
Mate Melbourne were going to run rings around the riff even before tpj went there

Culture eats strategy for breakfast.

I'm glad the Broncs have been offloading rather than recruiting dickheads, seems like a sensible way to go.

I do think its part of it, especially with TPJ. His discipline, shopping himself around and his stupid covid breach just dont hit very high standards imo. The only other real repeat offenders i can think of off the top of my head are Staggs and Haas. Haas especially has been an issue when you think he has probably had 3 incidents in 4 years of first grade. I'm really hoping that one before the start of this season is the end of it with him.
At the least Haas is probably not the guy you want to tie yourself to for 10 years based on that strike rate, don't think anyone is worth that contract length at any sizeable salary.

At the least Haas is probably not the guy you want to tie yourself to for 10 years based on that strike rate, don't think anyone is worth that contract length at any sizeable salary.

Let's say we lost Haas and losing Haas resulted in getting a Welch, are you really losing much overall? This is why I think a 10 year contract for anyone, particularly a somewhat problematic young man, is a stupid idea.

Pity he breaks down more often than a Jeep.
I owned a jeep once, bought it brand new and had no problems with it. Kept it for 3 years, had it serviced as per schedule and maintained it well.

the poor **** I sold it too did not have the same experience… thing just fell to pieces

Let's say we lost Haas and losing Haas resulted in getting a Welch, are you really losing much overall? This is why I think a 10 year contract for anyone, particularly a somewhat problematic young man, is a stupid idea.
Early in the year that would be the case, but Haas has been playing seriously good since origin.

He's finding some offloads, it looks like he's finding his front a bit more and just looking a little more confident.

The NSW win may have contributed to that, but if Haas is starting to realise that he on his own can start positively impacting games through offloads and just generally monstering opposition forward packs... he becomes a seriously valuable commodity.

He'd basically become a NAS that can play 65mins a game.

He just needs to realise how big he actually is and how much he can just manhandle other forwards.

Early in the year that would be the case, but Haas has been playing seriously good since origin.

He's finding some offloads, it looks like he's finding his front a bit more and just looking a little more confident.

The NSW win may have contributed to that, but if Haas is starting to realise that he on his own can start positively impacting games through offloads and just generally monstering opposition forward packs... he becomes a seriously valuable commodity.

He'd basically become a NAS that can play 65mins a game.

He just needs to realise how big he actually is and how much he can just manhandle other forwards.

If he wants to keep improving, he needs to get that level of physicality in his game NAS does.

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/we...a-200-gamer-here-gordie-backs-tpj-exit-178765

League legend Gordie Tallis is backing the Broncos decision to let go of Tevita Pangai Jnr a year early, standing by Kevin Walters decision to not give game time to players who have opted to leave.

Speaking on The Rush Hour Queenslander with Dobbo, the former Broncos captain told listeners that he applauded similar decisions made by former coach Wayne Bennett who sent some of the greats of the game down to reserve grade who weren’t buying into the culture.

“I watched Wayne Bennett do it with a young Justin Hodges, I watched him put Glen Lazarus…in reserve grade, he put Kerrod Walters in reserve grade”

“We’re not talking about a Payne Haas here, we’re not talking about a 200 gamer”

“He doesn’t do the 8/10 that well, he doesn’t do the 7/10 that well. It’s either 3/10 or 9/10. I actually stand with the club”

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • TimWhatley
  • Foordy
  • Brocko
  • Stix
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.