VOTE TEVITA PANGAI JR is BHQ Player of Round 8

Who is your player of the round (pick 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TPJ. Great game confronting Fifita and winning, and his ball playing skills, like passing were terrific. A ball playing back rower - just what the doctor ordered, and his support play and general energy and self control were 1st class. When he plays like this, he is about the best forward going round.

Haas - immense as always. Leads the team up front.

Gamble - a dominant half back's performance. Led the team around the park and worked really well with Milford. At last, direction and purpose from our half back. The difference was night and day compared to what we have had.

I do like that gamble is a little chirpy. It is good to have a shit stirrer on the team to get under the opposition's skin and help fire up our team.
We need more of it! You could tell his attitude was infectious.

He wants to score off every play.
I hearby grant him my full permission to do that.

ScreenE0ONasPVEAI56S7

I had to give my #1 to TPJ. Reason behind this is he was in BEAST MODE again and had he not made 1.25m $ man go missing for 80mins we would not have won.
Special mention to Gamble and again Haas. Haas is incredible. He is so fkn consistent, I love it. If the club are not already in talks to extend him then they're stupid (yes, yes I know..)
Hopefully this edge TPJ is what we get out of him every week. I think Kev has simplified his game and I wouldn't be surprised if he sits him down each Monday and says righto Tevita, this is your target this week..
Hopefully the boys can back it up next week against the Cowgirls and Dearden can see what his future is missing out on and Drinkwater can see how much better his future could be if ya know what I mean.

Yeah it’s not such a bad trait in a fullback because the hooker and halves dictate when he gets the ball. At 5/8 it would be a nightmare.
But look at his hands. How the **** did he catch that?

My pick for try of the match was isaako's first one.

It was one of our first "set play" team tries that we have scored in a long time. I loved seeing the ball going directly from turpin to the halves (without that bloody middle forward getting the ball first) and our halves actually linking and passing it to each other!

Our halves were swapping sides of the field, linking together and playing more direct which was awesome to see.

My pick for try of the match was isaako's first one.

It was one of our first "set play" team tries that we have scored in a long time. I loved seeing the ball going directly from turpin to the halves (without that bloody middle forward getting the ball first) and our halves actually linking and passing it to each other!

Our halves were swapping sides of the field, linking together and playing more direct which was awesome to see.

loved that try ... but i think my favourite one was Coates try.

it was brilliant work from Isaako to not only catch the kick on the full, but also get up and beat the defender to find space.

but here's the best bit ... he found a SUPPORT player backing him up in Gamble ... who then found a SUPPORT player backing him up in Coates

TPJ brings so much to that edge. He either runs over you and offloads, throws a cut out to the winger (like this video) or pops it to the centre.

By the end of the game the defence were in so many minds when he got the ball that he provided Arthurs with a half line break every time he got the ball - I hope that right side is fine tuned by the time Staggs gets back because it will be unstoppable if Staggs is receiving those passes.

Watch this try again and imagine being a defender if it was Staggs instead of Arthurs there. What a nightmare.

Also watch for TPJ to throw that pass back on the inside to Isaako. If Isaako calls for it on this play he’s in open space too. It’s a great shape.

TPJ brings so much to that edge. He either runs over you and offloads, throws a cut out to the winger (like this video) or pops it to the centre.

By the end of the game the defence were in so many minds when he got the ball that he provided Arthurs with a half line break every time he got the ball - I hope that right side is fine tuned by the time Staggs gets back because it will be unstoppable if Staggs is receiving those passes.

Watch this try again and imagine being a defender if it was Staggs instead of Arthurs there. What a nightmare.

Also watch for TPJ to throw that pass back on the inside to Isaako. If Isaako calls for it on this play he’s in open space too. It’s a great shape.
Arthurs is no slouch. He was very, very good Friday night. I noticed he has so much speed off the mark. For Isaako's 2nd try, he exploded and got the defense coming in, providing the line for Isaako to have a wide gap to go over.

Arthurs is no slouch. He was very, very good Friday night. I noticed he has so much speed off the mark. For Isaako's 2nd try, he exploded and got the defense coming in, providing the line for Isaako to have a wide gap to go over.

Yep I thought the same thing. Every time I've seen Arthars at centre in the trials and now here, I've been impressed.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Lewisuhahix
  • Galah
  • Bronx48
  • Morkel
  • GCBRONCO
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Culhwch
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • westy316
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Financeguy
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.