NEWS Tevita Pangai Jr turns down NSW State of Origin chance to commit to Tonga

You could say Cody walker, Keary, Reynolds and Lodge are certainties for origin on form but the only ones who can be certainties are the incumbents, and even they're not certain unless their form is up to scratch. So the only time TPJ would be a certainty was when he had already been picked.

To be honest though I'm not that interested in who NSW picks. The only thing that does is if they pick our boys or not as it does do a lot for brining their personal development on.

I thought keary was from qld?

I thought keary was from qld?

From Ipswich IIRC, but qualifies for NSW on the eligibility criteria ... a couple of years ago he was trying hard to be allowed top play for QLD, but that failed

Last edited:
This just made my morning coffee so much sweeter.

What the **** is this?

IMG 20190522 090302

If anything it should be dont cry for me NSW or Freddy Fittler. Why would Fifita be bothered? Just because it was close to a play on Evita (see what I did there?) they produce this? Really what a load of hairy old bollocks.

This is great news for Tevita, i think? What concerns me is so many backflips...who is around him to influence him so easily? Seems so strange to double back on a decision like this right ahead of his career potentially taking off. I personally know some of the Tonga boys and they have a strong strong movement, however a lot of the decisions are impulsive. This is not a decision that Tevita needed to make now - he potentially has another 10 years of league ahead of him.

Last edited:
He's a bit impulsive - maybe he was told he wasn't consistent enough to play Origin this year and went 'I'm out!'.

He's a bit impulsive - maybe he was told he wasn't consistent enough to play Origin this year and went 'I'm out!'.

I like to hope someone talked to him and made him realise the importance of playing for his team, and not chasing Origin glory just because. Or the coach told him he's more valuable to us without Origin.

Or maybe he always wanted to play for Tonga and he very reasonably was having a long hard think about both options but a combination of saying too much and the media blowing up every little comment to be a big deal makes him seem like he’s having wild swings in opinion.

God I hope Haas is from Tonga too...
Ahah wishful thinking? Haas has the potential to be a legacy forward for NSW. He is unbelievable.
Hopefully he can help us in redeeming the 8 series losses...

The thing I like most about this, is that it appears that money isn't a motivator for him. This is potentially sacrificing $90,000 a year from origin, more if he played for Australia as well. That's a bit loss of income. This could be an indication that money isn't motivating him, and that he will stay with us on less money. OR it could be an indication that the roosters are giving him $1 mil a year and $90,000 is pocket change now... :p

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • Mustafur
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.