Tevita Pangai Jr. Discussion

B

big k

QCup Player
Apr 10, 2013
Shouldn't be given a new contract worth more than what he is on right now.

I'm over Carl Webb Mk II who shows up for maybe 1 game in 4 or 5. We shouldn't be breaking the bank to sign this guy to a new deal. I would even go as far as saying we shouldn't even bother trying. Offer him a 2 year deal on the same cash as now. We shoukd be upgrading and offering new deals to all our other foraards first, including Glenn.

Give Joe the 13 when he comes back, drop TPJ from the side completely next week, bring in someone else.

.....dont over react....I agree in principle he isnt worth what he is asking, but the penny may drop and game now and he starts to produce the consistent level we need...

Still have half the season to go yet...dont give up on Pangai now...

I’m over the TPJ. I’m sick of the headlines and the bullshit for a handful of decent games a year. Offer him a slightly better contract and if he says no let him **** off to the roosters or the knights or fucking whoever.

We need to prioritise signing a FB. We have discovered two great spine options in Dearden and Turpin (who need to be signed long term immediately), we just need a class FB. Boyd and Macca going will help, but I wouldn't be re-signing TPJ if it stopped us signing a 1 mil/ season quality FB like Ponga

Last edited:
He shows up for most games. He just makes some bad decisions when trying to force aggression, typically when the team is playing poorly, but he still shows up and tries. He still made over 150m today in a bad game. Dropping him wouldn't strengthen us. He definitely doesn't deserve an upgrade on form though.

His head is somewhere else. That first half was as bad as I've seen from him. Some of the errors and soft runs he took were diabolical.

.....dont over react....I agree in principle he isnt worth what he is asking, but the penny may drop and game now and he starts to produce the consistent level we need...

Still have half the season to go yet...dont give up on Pangai now...

Not over reacting. We have guys like Flegler, Carrigan, Fafita, Turpin, Lodge etc we should be looking after first. We don't need to keep him at thd cost of any of those players, it still shits me seeing Arrow play for another club.

...yes I totally understand where you're coming from....I think the fact we have so much competition here now in the forwards makes it difficult to really drill down and determine exactly who is the best fit?

Fifita has to be next...simple as that....the rest can wait....but he MUST be resigned and given one of the edge forward positions full time next season if not before...

His head is somewhere else. That first half was as bad as I've seen from him. Some of the errors and soft runs he took were diabolical.
I think part of the problem is Seibold giving him 3 short stints. It's encouraging him to do everything at 100 miles an hour when he already toes that line at the best of times. If he had to pace himself he mightn't play so...loose.

We need to prioritise signing a FB. We have discovered two great spine options in Dearden and Turpin (who need to be signed long term immediately), we just need a class FB. Boyd and Macca going will help, but I wouldn't be re-signing TPJ if it stopped us signing a 1 mil/ season quality FB like Ponga

1.Ponga
6.Milford
7.Dearden
9.Turpin

Yes please.

Last edited:
He shows up for most games. He just makes some bad decisions when trying to force aggression, typically when the team is playing poorly, but he still shows up and tries. He still made over 150m today in a bad game. Dropping him wouldn't strengthen us. He definitely doesn't deserve an upgrade on form though.

Agreed. When you’ve got a side that plays as disinterested as they did today I can forgive TPJ coming up with mistakes by trying too hard.

Agreed. When you’ve got a side that plays as disinterested as they did today I can forgive TPJ coming up with mistakes by trying too hard.
I think the lack of support for his runs, when we were chasing points with time being a factor, needs to be addressed. I'm not saying that to excuse TPJ - he was bad today - but not every mistake is made by the guy with the ball or the guy missing the tackle. When you need points fast, and an offloading machine takes the ball up and nobody goes with him that is unforgivable. I like TPJ but if we don't support the offloads he can generate I don't see the value in retaining him because his ability to initiate second phase play is already baked into his price. It'd be like buying your grandmother a $3000 gaming laptop so she can use 'the skype' and search for recipes online.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • Big Del
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.