The Ashes 2009

Hitman

Hitman

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Thought I'd start a discussion/results thread, looks like it's going to be a long tour. 5 test matches & 7 ODI.

Forget the IPL and their Twenty/20, ah hell forget Twenty/20 all together. Test matches and playing for THAT urn is what cricket is all about!!!

Not long to go now till the first test. July 8-12, mark it on your calender cricket lovers. Looks like it'll be a lot of late nights for me. Didn't watch too much last time we toured but my last memory although not good was seeing Kasper get caught behind and lost the series (only going by my bad memory).

This is where superstars are born, my tip for Man of the Series is Mitchell Johnson. So Mitch Johnson, please stand up!!! icon_thumbs_u

Can't wait, this will get me back into cricket again after losing interest for awhile.

I am so pumped for this.... It should be an awesome series which will most likely go down to the wire.... I am tipping M. Hussey to get most runs in the series and I also expect Johnson to hit another ton and dominate with the ball... I love a good leftie!

Ponting, Hussey, Clarke....pull ya fucking fingers out and score some runs ya fluffs!

Katich will get plenty of runs I reckon. The way he plays I can't see their bowlers causing him many problems. Hughes will get a couple of centuries too.

Agree though - M Johnson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am very excited naturally because it's the Ashes, but it just won't be the same without Warnie [icon_frown

I agree Warnie will always be in my heart I miss him hahah. It shall not be the same without him.

Exactly. I know we've been without Warnie for a while now and we can cope with that, but Warnie and the Ashes goes together like Fred and Barney. Even the Poms will tell ya that!

I can't really see anything but an Aussie victory even though we arent really play well at the moment.

The only guys we need to worry about regarding the Poms are KP, Freddie and Bopara. If they score runs or take wickets in bags we could in be trouble. If we see those guys off without too much damage the rest of the team are fluffs and can be dominated until their confidence is completely shot.

However it is the Ashes, anything can happen, as we saw in 05 (with Warnie, Pidge, Haydos and co).

I'll be flicking between this and the tour de france!

Is it just me, or is Shane Watson a fucking joke?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree Coxy. I am looking forward to Hughes making some runs as well.

I agree about Watson I have been a fan of his for a while and I am sick to death of his injuries he is by far the most injury prone person on the planet... The Aussies could really use him if he could stay fit for more than a week..

Serves Shane right for defecting to NSW. Traitor deserves every injury he has coming to him.

Ari Gold said:
Serves Shane right for defecting to NSW. Traitor deserves every injury he has coming to him.

In fairness to him he moved to NSW for some fine ass not becuase he wanted to play for NSW.

If he was a horsie he'd have been shot years ago.

Yes Shane Watson is a joke. I don't know why they keep persisting with him anymore.

Hussey better pull his finger out. For all the talk of Hayden and how bad his form was, no one ever mentioned how crap Hussey was going. He is like an old man out there and is getting very boring to watch.

Clarke better do something as well, he's a bit of a douche and quite self-righteous (re Andrew Symonds issue). I think we might be stuffed if he is our future captain.

Clarke was one of the few batsman to have a go during the Saffas tour of Aus.

His tactical captaincy is light years ahead of Ponting (but he's a shit captain). Watch the games where Pup is Captain he leads by example and creates the enthusiasm for the team.

I don't understand where all the Clarke hate has come from TBH.. He will be a superb captain because he spreads enthusiasm through the team unlike captain sour... Symonds was lucky to play for Australia in test matches, he never earnt it he was given it after all the orgasms over Flintoff after the 2005 ashes.

Unread

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.