The BHQ Automotive Thread

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Discuss anything and everything to do with cars in here!

Post pics, whine about speeding fines, ask for help to fix your crappy Territory, discuss upcoming/previous models, road rules, etc. As long as it's somewhat related to cars, it has a place in this thread.

I'll get the discussion going - what does everyone drive on daily basis? Manual or auto?

I'm still on my first car, which is a beast. 1998 Toyota Camry mofos. 3L V6. FEEL THAT POWER! Lulz, but seriously, people are surprised at how much 'pep' this badass automobile has. Of course I'd like something a bit more exciting than a damn Camry, but it's never let me down.

Oh yeah, manual FTW!

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
95 Accord, auto... small as hell and being replaced asap.

not a bad car, has all the extras like sunroof and everything and it's served us well. Just doesn't fit the family in it anymore.

Brisbane
2010 FG Falcon XR6 Auto. I love it. It hit 100,000km last week.

Only modification I've made are installing HID lights with new headlight assemblies to suit HID lights and make them legal.

I drive a company issued car these days. Can't complain. Used to bracket race my old VN Calais. Set the dial-in to 13.1, and would consistently hit 13.15 - 13.25. She wasn't that fast but consistent as buggery.

Brisbane
The roof linings in those, and the Falcons are fucking useless though. It's very, very common for the to fall down.

Brisbane
This. Really....don't get Morkel started on road rules or driving in general.

Driving a VY series 2 at the moment 03(?).
V6 or V8.

Really odd the VY, they get a bad reputation for some reason, but you hardly ever see them, ever. Take a note next time you're around the place. VT, VX, VZ and VE dominates the road.

I'm interested to hear why [MENTION=8215]Morkel[/MENTION] hates road rules, and which ones. Kgo.

This. Really....don't get Morkel started on road rules or driving in general.

Driving a VY series 2 at the moment 03(?).
VZ wagon for me :)

V6 or V8.

Really odd the VY, they get a bad reputation for some reason, but you hardly ever see them, ever. Take a note next time you're around the place. VT, VX, VZ and VE dominates the road.

I'm interested to hear why @Morkel hates road rules, and which ones. Kgo.
No you're not. And it's not the road rules I hate, it's the arrogant fucks who think they don't apply to them. Stop. No. I didn't say anything. Carry on.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
V6 or V8.

I'm interested to hear why @Morkel hates road rules, and which ones. Kgo.
V6 and I'll keep an eye out. It's been a great car so far. Nothing major has gone wrong with it and I've had it for 6 or so yrs.

Morkel loves a good vent, especially when it involves road rules. I created a thread in another forum...90% of his posts had to do with his grievances with other drivers.