The BHQ Automotive Thread

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by ningnangnong, Sep 10, 2013.

I drove by a cop today, they looked over and didn't seem to mind the phone being mounted there.

Although, that doesn't mean there won't be that one asshole.

1. They'd be having a super bad day to pull you up on something like that for sure.

2. Will come down to interpretation, but phones using a navigator function on a stand are so omni-present these days, you’d have to have it mounted in front of your face and consequently be driving like a dick to cop a ticket for that.

Putting a lot of faith in our traffic cops there mate. And be aware, that is most certainly not the case across the country.

abashii likes this.
  3. So the wagon is playing up a bit.

It very rarely happens but sometimes the engine light will come on and the car won't accelerate or reverse. It won't even rev. The engine doesn't snuff out, it just won't accelerate at all. When it happens I just pull over to the side of the road and turn it off for a few minutes.

At this stage, we're not going to fix it. Not unless it's absolutely necessary. We're going to be getting another car soon so we won't have it for much longer. Just hoping it will last another 6 months at least.

4. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

Porthoz, broncospwn and Nashy like this.
  5. One of the many new year resolutions was to try and get the back shed into some sort of order, plus to have a place to store the yellow mustang which is about to come home. This is one half before and after. The other half resembles a disaster zone at the moment.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  6. 007

007 QCup Player

Did you take your truck to motorex in Sydney by any chance?

7. Morkel

Morkel

I'm sorry, I had to share it.

ChewThePhatt likes this.
  8. No, the truck is a work in progress at the moment unfortunately.

9. 007

007 QCup Player

More pics and details??

10. 007

007 QCup Player

My car actually does these things haha!

11. Morkel

Morkel

You need a new catalytic converter. Or a catalytic converter.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  12. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

Just having a look at my transaction history - since 16 March, 2018 I have spent $7208.09 on fuel. :o

Fooking hell man.

13. Rico

Rico QCup Player

Coming in late here mate but is that like a 56 F truck ? Well done on the shed too. What a place to hang out ..

14. Yes mate, 56 F100 and for @007@007, 351 Windsor, C4 auto, 9" diff, 4 wheel disc brakes, Mustang II front end, power steering.

I have a fibreglass hard lid to be fitted, it has polished wood boards in the tray. Currently has bucket seats but replacing them with seats out of a Honda Odyssey which I am getting recovered in leather (same with the door trims). Going to make up a centre console for it. I have all new suspension to go into it and then detail it from top to bottom and get it on the road.

Rico and abashii like this.
  15. Got my credit rating back to where it should be today in order to be in a position to start planning for a new car.

So at the end of the year, I hope to be driving around in this.

[​IMG]

16. soup

soup

How’d you manage to get it back on track? It’s tough. Took me years to get it back to excellent.

17. Rico

Rico QCup Player

Terrific mate and well done on the hard work that’s got you close to the end. Would love to see some photos when you get there.

I contacted one of those debt consolidation places to organize all of my debts and actually managed to get some of the debt removed after a bit of negotiating. I paid it all off early and made sure I was in advance with all of the payments. The loan I got for the Laser, I did the same thing. Made sure I paid it off early. This was all over a period of a few years.

I can't confirm this but I do think my zip pay and afterpay account probably helped. I've made a ton of orders through those services and never once missed a payment. I always make sure to wait until payday before making an order so when the money came out, it would come out on my payday.

I've also got several items through RT Edwards that I'm currently paying off and have never missed a payment for that either. I think that would have helped, as well.

soup likes this.