The BHQ Automotive Thread

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
So I'm still on the lookout for a Ute after moving back to Brisbane.
What's you guys thoughts on a 2017 Navara.
Was after a Hilux but can't seem to find one with decent kms.

AndyB

NYC Player
So I'm still on the lookout for a Ute after moving back to Brisbane.
What's you guys thoughts on a 2017 Navara.
Was after a Hilux but can't seem to find one with decent kms.
What's your budget mate?
I was on the lookout (still follow Modrok on Facebook) for an Amarok before deciding with my VF SV6 for budgeting reasons and timing (young kids etc).

AndyB

NYC Player
Test drive a few amaroks man.
Are you wanting to do 4WDing etc?
I wouldn't go any older than a 2013 from a mechanical POV, issues around that age.
Also look at EGR/DPF deletes and tunes.

Looking at your member name were you based in Perth?
Been here 10 years now, originally from NZ

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Yeah I was in perth moved back 4 months ago,
I'm not a VW person tbf
Test drive a few amaroks man.
Are you wanting to do 4WDing etc?
I wouldn't go any older than a 2013 from a mechanical POV, issues around that age.
Also look at EGR/DPF deletes and tunes.

Looking at your member name were you based in Perth?
Been here 10 years now, originally from NZ

QCup Player
Go the YS23DDTT, much better than the single T.

I tow 3T with the TT and its brilliant, Phillip Island to Sydney return trip averaged 14.5L on the freeway. A good remap will give you around 13-13.5 under towing. Will see a good 40KW and 250NM extra at the treads from a remap too.

Earlier 2.3's had injector noise issues, but this is pretty normal for them. Nissan updated the ecu to run a different injection cycle and quietened them down heaps. If towing, only get the auto - it does it with ease.

Series 2 on got better damper front and rear, also rear spring rate was changed.

badyon

QCup Player
In the market this year for FY 2019/2020 new wheels, budget ~50-70k depending on what the friggin accountant restricts me to next month

Weighing up hilux v ranger, because I'm a sheeplele when it comes to these things

Basic decision factors:

-pussy appeal , this is no.1
-regularly tow a nacra 5.8, and the vehicle will need to get its toes wet , cause Idgaf
- pigging, a long way from civilization, bush bash ability / mileage
-ability to come to Brisbane or Perth and dick swing at BBQs with retarded suburban cafe latte drinkers
-would also like to understand geek justification factors in this decision to impress said latte sippers

Leaning towards ranger raptor

Change my mind

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
Anyone who tries to change your mind is a Hilux fool who buys the name no matter what.

The current crop of Hiluxes are fucking rubbish. Toyota still don't know how to fix the EGR issues.

In the market this year for FY 2019/2020 new wheels, budget ~50-70k depending on what the friggin accountant restricts me to next month

Weighing up hilux v ranger, because I'm a sheeplele when it comes to these things

Basic decision factors:

-pussy appeal , this is no.1
-regularly tow a nacra 5.8, and the vehicle will need to get its toes wet , cause Idgaf
- pigging, a long way from civilization, bush bash ability / mileage
-ability to come to Brisbane or Perth and dick swing at BBQs with retarded suburban cafe latte drinkers
-would also like to understand geek justification factors in this decision to impress said latte sippers

Leaning towards ranger raptor

Change my mind
Go the Raptor bro.
My boss recently bought one.
He's a real off-road enthusiasts & he fucking loves it.

That bitch be soo sexy & packing balls in all the right places.

I'm a Holden man through & through, that Ute though...

It's good

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.