The BHQ Automotive Thread

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Hi Nashy Nashy have you heard about anything going wrong with the Ford Rangers new 4 cyl engine with 10 speed auto.
Mine is 12 months old nearly , no problems so far, just trying to stay ahead of any problems if they come up.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Hi Nashy Nashy have you heard about anything going wrong with the Ford Rangers new 4 cyl engine with 10 speed auto.
Mine is 12 months old nearly , no problems so far, just trying to stay ahead of any problems if they come up.
Not seeing a lot of issues across the Ranger fleet at all.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
This is to truck drivers.

I'm curious, before you can drive a truck for a company are you required to know the height limit of the truck? If so, then I'm wondering how any fuckwit could still end up taking out low clearance signs which happened the other day at work and ended up causing quite a bit of damage.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
We have a couple hundred of the rangers up here in the Pilbara and from Light Vehicles they tell us they've replaced a lot of gearboxes and had front suspension issues. That said our cars run in super hot and dusty conditions on red dirt roads, most reasonable but some a tad rough. My company has decided to change brands after we've had a couple evolutions of rangers but that may just be a better deal thing and not necessarily a reflection on rangers.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich

I'm curious, before you can drive a truck for a company are you required to know the height limit of the truck? If so, then I'm wondering how any fuckwit could still end up taking out low clearance signs which happened the other day at work and ended up causing quite a bit of damage.
YouTube has literally hundreds of knobheads destroying trucks on low bridges. For every video there's a thousand undocumented incidents of the same thing. A lot of times they actually did know the height but simply were in their own little world and didn't see the low bridge until...

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
Hey guys, my old Ford focus is giving me the shits. Runs fine, but when i stop at lights or when its idling the engine seems to sort of skip every so often. Changed the plugs, new fuel pump but its still doing it. Dont want to spend a fortune on it, or on a new car just for running to work and back so i'm looking at getting something different. Only want to spend 10k ( yes i know, small budget ) and was thinking of something like a Corolla, I30, one of the Mazda's in that size range, maybe even a Tiida. Any thoughts on whats decent? I have also considered something like a Dualis or an Outlander.

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
Hey guys, my old Ford focus is giving me the shits. Runs fine, but when i stop at lights or when its idling the engine seems to sort of skip every so often. Changed the plugs, new fuel pump but its still doing it. Dont want to spend a fortune on it, or on a new car just for running to work and back so i'm looking at getting something different. Only want to spend 10k ( yes i know, small budget ) and was thinking of something like a Corolla, I30, one of the Mazda's in that size range, maybe even a Tiida. Any thoughts on whats decent? I have also considered something like a Dualis or an Outlander.
I love our Mazda 6. Would recommend all day. They just keep going.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
Don't touch Mazda diesels.
Thanks for thr tip. At one time, I would have got a diesel because the brother in law used to deliver it and I used to get it for free!

I really hate looking for cars. The more i try to narrow down what's best the more options I seem to come up with.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Thanks for thr tip. At one time, I would have got a diesel because the brother in law used to deliver it and I used to get it for free!

I really hate looking for cars. The more i try to narrow down what's best the more options I seem to come up with.
Sorry if I missed it, I'm mobile. Tell me what you're looking at and need. Happy to help you avoid the shitters, of which there are many.

I love the Mazda 6 like soup, but there are some real problems ones out there, and their transmissions are pretty woeful.

Tom

State of Origin Rep

It used to happen half a dozen times a year up the road from Rocklea markets where the road goes under the traintracks and they never learned. I assume it still happens at the same frequency. They would actually get jammed in and stuck under there.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
Sorry if I missed it, I'm mobile. Tell me what you're looking at and need. Happy to help you avoid the shitters, of which there are many.

I love the Mazda 6 like soup, but there are some real problems ones out there, and their transmissions are pretty woeful.
Thanks mate.Just been basicslly looking for something cheap to run and decent for parts to repair. Only looking to spend around 10k as it's just a car to run to work. Was thinking of maybe a corolla, Mazda 3 or one of the small to mid size Hyundai. Currently have a focus but it's giving me the shits as i mentioned before.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Thanks mate.Just been basicslly looking for something cheap to run and decent for parts to repair. Only looking to spend around 10k as it's just a car to run to work. Was thinking of maybe a corolla, Mazda 3 or one of the small to mid size Hyundai. Currently have a focus but it's giving me the shits as i mentioned before.
Corolla or i30 for mine.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Oh Nashy Nashy are the Hyundai diesels any good?
They seem to be all good. Not as many through as the petrols though. I personally find the i30 diesels are tractor loud, which I don't like.

My opinion for cars is petrol though. Diesel has its place, and more and more issues just keep showing that it was a silly thing to put in regular, non working cars.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter