The BHQ Automotive Thread

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Sorry to be a pain, but are the Elantra's ok as well?
I wouldn't personally buy one. Not because they're breaking down, but because they're so cheaply made and finished.

If you want super small low end, Yaris will save you money in running costs.

Remember the old Golf ads? The thud the door makes? Those low end ones don't sound solid, they sound cheap.

Wolfie

State of Origin Captain
I wouldn't personally buy one. Not because they're breaking down, but because they're so cheaply made and finished.

If you want super small low end, Yaris will save you money in running costs.

Remember the old Golf ads? The thud the door makes? Those low end ones don't sound solid, they sound cheap.
Not so sure i want to go Yaris size. Probably have a look around at the i30's and Corolla's as they are two i had in mind anyway. Did think of a smallish SUV as it would come in handy, something like a Dualis maybe but not sure really.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Not so sure i want to go Yaris size. Probably have a look around at the i30's and Corolla's as they are two i had in mind anyway. Did think of a smallish SUV as it would come in handy, something like a Dualis maybe but not sure really.
X-Trail in SUVs. No competition for mine, hands down the best car in the last 15 years right up until today.

scobie

NYC Player
Thanks for thr tip. At one time, I would have got a diesel because the brother in law used to deliver it and I used to get it for free!

I really hate looking for cars. The more i try to narrow down what's best the more options I seem to come up with.
Had the same problem when I was buying a car. Started looking at way too many options to the point where my head was fried! Had to leave it for a few weeks, then go back with a very narrow search. Worked far better for me.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
Fam, someone hit my car while it was parked at the train station today, and to their credit they've left a note and their number.

What's the best way to sort this? I haven't had this situation before. I guess it's either they give me cash or we can go through insurance, yeah? I'll need to get a couple of quotes probably, yeah?

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Fam, someone hit my car while it was parked at the train station today, and to their credit they've left a note and their number.

What's the best way to sort this? I haven't had this situation before. I guess it's either they give me cash or we can go through insurance, yeah? I'll need to get a couple of quotes probably, yeah?
Depends on the amount of damage. If it's a small amount, I would get some quotes and message them directly telling them this is how much they have to pay.

If they left a note, it's likely they will pay up. But you can get some problem people as well that try to negotiate the cost they have to pay or try to dish up excuses so you'll agree to a payment plan which isn't ideal because then you're left out of pocket.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

What sort of damage have they done?

Dexter

State of Origin Rep

I wouldn't do it any other way than Insurance. If they left a note they likely have insurance. If by some chance they don't then use yours and let the insurance chase them.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Mitsubishi CE Lancer, CE Mirage, NL Pajero and WA Express/Starwagon
Model Years 1997-2000
produced from 31 May 1996 through 30 September 1999 (production periods differ by model)
fitted with a driver's airbag containing a NADI 5-AT inflator

8081 vehicles affected

Check your airbags. If you're driving an old heap of shit from these years in ANY Jap made vehicle, firstly, it's time to get a new car bad air bags or not, second, it might kill you now, so if being in a 20+ year old car wasn't enough, that should get you going.

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
Finally got around to getting my i30 N. Picking it up on Tuesday. Went a Black car for the first time. Anyone got any unique tips for keeping a Black car clean?
9359BA05-E924-46D9-80FC-4A59E54E99A1.jpeg

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
Get proper paint protection, and clean it often.

Nice ride. Make sure you don't speed, officer.
Moi? Perish the thought... I’ve always been skeptical about the products dealers recommend. Any thoughts on decent paint protection products? I’m getting the windows tinted at Express Tint on Wednesday and they offer one of the currently popular, nano-ceramic jobbies...

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Moi? Perish the thought... I’ve always been skeptical about the products dealers recommend. Any thoughts on decent paint protection products? I’m getting the windows tinted at Express Tint on Wednesday and they offer one of the currently popular, nano-ceramic jobbies...
Nano ceramic all the way.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Don't get paint protection through the "dealer". Those guys pay the dealer a fortune to set up shop in their dealership, but in most cases are a 3rd party that will sell you a product worth maybe $50 plus labour for sometimes $1500 - $2500.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Don't get paint protection through the "dealer". Those guys pay the dealer a fortune to set up shop in their dealership, but in most cases are a 3rd party that will sell you a product worth maybe $50 plus labour for sometimes $1500 - $2500.
Most dealerships don't even do that anymore. They send the vehicle to the same place a consumer would.

These good paint protections are more in the range of, retail at $1000 -$1500, which the dealership charges only an extra $2800 - $4000.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hadeswolf

Twitter