The BHQ Automotive Thread

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Meh, looks like I'll be keeping the Laser for a bit longer.

Knocked back. I don't make enough money to repay the money even though it's 15% of my monthly income with just my work income alone. They don't like to make it easy.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Meh, looks like I'll be keeping the Laser for a bit longer.

Knocked back. I don't make enough money to repay the money even though it's 15% of my monthly income with just my work income alone. They don't like to make it easy.
Why not get something a few years older with some lower repayments. 15% is hefty.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I gave trying to get a loan for a car one last shot going through a broker at Stratton Finance.

I got approved. Fucking stoked! I’m finally getting a new car. Well technically used but it’s a recent model.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I actually ended up getting a different car. 2018 Hyundai i30 Active. Once I saw it I instantly fell in love.

It’s a candy red colour with black rims. Checked the service history and that’s all good and test drove the car. It’s a fucking good car.

Didn’t manage to get a pic before they took it down from the site after I paid the deposit and did the paperwork. But it’s a fucking sexy car.

Now just have to wait for the finance company to pay for it and I should have it by mid next week.

Fucking stoked.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
I actually ended up getting a different car. 2018 Hyundai i30 Active. Once I saw it I instantly fell in love.

It’s a candy red colour with black rims. Checked the service history and that’s all good and test drove the car. It’s a fucking good car.

Didn’t manage to get a pic before they took it down from the site after I paid the deposit and did the paperwork. But it’s a fucking sexy car.

Now just have to wait for the finance company to pay for it and I should have it by mid next week.

Fucking stoked.
Nothing quite like that feeling is there? Especially if you've had your current car for a long time. I had my previous for about 10yrs before upgrading to my current car. Did you trade in the Laser?

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Nothing quite like that feeling is there? Especially if you've had your current car for a long time. I had my previous for about 10yrs before upgrading to my current car. Did you trade in the Laser?
Yeah it is a pretty good feeling. I’ve been working towards this upgrade for over a year now and it’s finally happening. I didn’t trade in the Laser. I would have got **** all for it so I’m just giving it to my mum so she can use it for work. She’s happy with that. I’ll get it fixed up for her so it’s not having those problems.

Congrats bro, enjoy the new wheels.

Not sure I've ever heard someone call an i30 sexy.
To me it’s pretty sexy. That’s mainly because of the colour of it and the mags but I’ve always liked the look of hatchbacks and this one has a sporty type look.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Nashy Nashy not sure if you will know this but how much would a service usually cost for that model car? It's the 2.0l ULP version. Apparently I can get it done anywhere. There’s no set place I need to take it to for servicing but they recommended going through Hyundai.

I’m setting up a bank account to put money away each week for servicing, rego, repairs whenever needed etc. I want to make sure I have money for services so I can get them done on time.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Nashy Nashy not sure if you will know this but how much would a service usually cost for that model car? It's the 2.0l ULP version. Apparently I can get it done anywhere. There’s no set place I need to take it to for servicing but they recommended going through Hyundai.

I’m setting up a bank account to put money away each week for servicing, rego, repairs whenever needed etc. I want to make sure I have money for services so I can get them done on time.
It really depends on the service that's due. Anywhere between $240 - $600

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I just got quoted $1495 from the dealership to get paint protection and carbon window tint done on the car. I told them I would get back to them on that.

Does that sound like a reasonable price? Comes with a 20 year warranty. They said it would really bring out the colour of the car more and give it a high gloss look.

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
There is a reason people call them a stealership, and not a dealership.

Get your car and then **** off out of there, never go back.
P much, yeah. I had my ute serviced at the dealers while it was under the capped price servicing for three years, cost was around what you'd pay just for oil and filter at rrp. Fucked if I'd pay full price to get it done there but.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Capped price is a rort too. More people need to demand to pay the car price, and push their right of repairer rights. Everyone thinking they are getting a good deal on capped price, but they're already paid it by paying extra for the car. They just didn't know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter