The BHQ Automotive Thread

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
Capped price is a rort too. More people need to demand to pay the car price, and push their right of repairer rights. Everyone thinking they are getting a good deal on capped price, but they're already paid it by paying extra for the car. They just didn't know.
Maybe, it's so common these days I guess you can't just ask the dealers to exclude you from the capped price deal and give you an extra grand off the car. I wouldn't buy a brand newy just to get a "discount" on the service anyway, any time you buy a new car or any one from a dealership you may as well disrobe and lube up before walking in.

It's all by the wayside now anyway, I do it myself now so I know it's done properly and if something goes wrong I know who to yell at.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Maybe, it's so common these days I guess you can't just ask the dealers to exclude you from the capped price deal and give you an extra grand off the car. I wouldn't buy a brand newy just to get a "discount" on the service anyway, any time you buy a new car or any one from a dealership you may as well disrobe and lube up before walking in.

It's all by the wayside now anyway, I do it myself now so I know it's done properly and if something goes wrong I know who to yell at.
For anyone playing at home, it's worth noting that not all manufacturer cap pricing continues to the end of your warranty. I think most Toyota stuff goes beyond their's though.

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Around
I've only ever bought cars from a dealership TBH. I've had 5 cars in my 13 odd years of driving - each one progressively newer and each from a different dealership.

Car salesman are total scum and you need to fight to get a deal, but I'd still rather do that then go private. I just feel much more secure that the car isn't a lemon and it's much easier to chase up a dealership compared to Joe Bloggs off the street in the event of any issues.

My most recent car was brand new - and I'm sure I still got ripped off to some degree, but it was the car we wanted and I still talked them into giving me free darkest legal tinting, free interior fabric and vinyl protection and free floor mats. You're much more likely to get free services compared to $$ off the price for some models.

Brett

State of Origin Rep
I've only ever bought cars from a dealership TBH. I've had 5 cars in my 13 odd years of driving - each one progressively newer and each from a different dealership.

Car salesman are total scum and you need to fight to get a deal, but I'd still rather do that then go private. I just feel much more secure that the car isn't a lemon and it's much easier to chase up a dealership compared to Joe Bloggs off the street in the event of any issues.

My most recent car was brand new - and I'm sure I still got ripped off to some degree, but it was the car we wanted and I still talked them into giving me free darkest legal tinting, free interior fabric and vinyl protection and free floor mats. You're much more likely to get free services compared to $$ off the price for some models.
Fabric and vinyl protection for a starters, so only partly ripped off :)

I should play here. 2018 Kia Stinger Si, 3.3 TTV6. I didn't get the GT because I don't fit with the sunroof. Beautiful car.

Attachments

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

I should play here. 2018 Kia Stinger Si, 3.3 TTV6. I didn't get the GT because I don't fit with the sunroof. Beautiful car.
Man, do tell me more. I fucking love the look of those Stingers. Pretty sure one will be my next car.

Allo

State of Origin Rep

Not having a go, coz they look pretty slick, but first thing that sticks out (literally) to me is the headlights. A bit bulbous no? Or just the angle?

Last edited:

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Maybe just the angle.
Best way to describe the Stinger is it’s like driving a C63AMG, without the sound and a bit less power. My buddy had a 507 edition that I drove, and the Stinger has the same kind of refinement and ride quality/handling compromise. It’s a shit load of car for the money.

Attachments

Financeguy

QCup Player
Maybe just the angle.
Best way to describe the Stinger is it’s like driving a C63AMG, without the sound and a bit less power. My buddy had a 507 edition that I drove, and the Stinger has the same kind of refinement and ride quality/handling compromise. It’s a shit load of car for the money.
A bit less power...Its around 100kw and ~200Nm less than a C63. A C43 would be a better compare.

I have driven a Stinger and they are a great bang for your buck performance ride, the styling seems polarising in a love it or leave it type of way but hard to argue the value it offers.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The guy at the dealership is teasing me with this photo of the car saying it’s all ready to go. Just have to wait for the finance company to pay them before I can pick it up.

Fucking hurry up cunts. This is making me impatient.

885C4540-D10F-4FE4-8725-B0D161726A67.jpeg

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
The guy at the dealership is teasing me with this photo of the car saying it’s all ready to go. Just have to wait for the finance company to pay them before I can pick it up.

Fucking hurry up cunts. This is making me impatient.

View attachment 7096
Are they goint to put a bow on it for you? My mate bought a demo Hyundai and when they went to pick it up his wife got super mad cos there was no bow on their car. Apparently rather harsh words were exchanged.

Brett

State of Origin Rep
A bit less power...Its around 100kw and ~200Nm less than a C63. A C43 would be a better compare.

I have driven a Stinger and they are a great bang for your buck performance ride, the styling seems polarising in a love it or leave it type of way but hard to argue the value it offers.
On the road, there's not a tonne of difference with the old V8 - the new turbo engine is much different. My boss has a GLC 63S, and that thing is stupid fast.

The Stinger power delivery is very linear. I would love it to be a bit faster though! Couple grand for a tune will net close to 100kw and 120nm. I like my warranty though.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Looking at roadside assistance, anyone got any recommendations?

I was looking at RACQ because my brother has them and never had any issues but would look at others if there are better out there.

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Looking at roadside assistance, anyone got any recommendations?

I was looking at RACQ because my brother has them and never had any issues but would look at others if there are better out there.
If you get it serviced at Hyundai, they should throw roadside assistance in for free.

Allo

State of Origin Rep
Are they goint to put a bow on it for you? My mate bought a demo Hyundai and when they went to pick it up his wife got super mad cos there was no bow on their car. Apparently rather harsh words were exchanged.
It’s a female thing I think. My sister was similarly unhappy after the same thing happened to her

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.