The BHQ Automotive Thread

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Picking up the car today.

There was a lot of **** around with the finance company due to the change of car even though I told them I wasn't definitely getting the 2016 model, it was just one of the cars I was looking at and it was looking like I wasn't going to be able to pick up the car I got this week due to the **** around. But it's all over now and I pick up the car in just under 2 hours.

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
Picking up the car today.

There was a lot of **** around with the finance company due to the change of car even though I told them I wasn't definitely getting the 2016 model, it was just one of the cars I was looking at and it was looking like I wasn't going to be able to pick up the car I got this week due to the **** around. But it's all over now and I pick up the car in just under 2 hours.
Good stuff mate, enjoy the heck out of it.

Spoon

NYC Player
Enjoy the new car but drive carefully.

I've heard of too many stories from people who smash their car the first day they owned it.

Waynesaurus

NRL Player
Springfield
Not trying to be an a**hat, but my personal thoughts are that if I need GAP insurance to cover a possible payout shortfall then that is an indicator that I'm are probably financing too much of the value of the vehicle and I either need to look at something a bit cheaper or save up a bit more cash to contribute to the purchase. *Not financial advice* 😎

Last edited:

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Enjoy the new car but drive carefully.

I've heard of too many stories from people who smash their car the first day they owned it.
Yeah I’ll be taking extra care with this one.

I flogged it a bit on an empty road earlier to see what it can do and it’s got a surprising amount of power in it (well compared to my old Laser) for a base model. It’s a zippy little car. But apart from that, I’ll be taking extra care when driving it because I don’t want to risk damaging it.

It’s a great car so far.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Can anyone recommend a good set of headlights?

The headlights on my car are great, they are very bright but I prefer white.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Please don't get an after-market HID kit and have it shoddily installed so shit shines right in the eyes of oncoming traffic.
Nah I don’t think I’ll put in one of those. Even if I did I would get that professionally done so they are installed properly.

When I drive by people using those and aren’t installed properly it always blinds me to a point where I have to stop driving for about 20 minutes. I’ve got a higher sensitivity to light so it blinds me completely and I can’t see shit for a while. So I’m not going to be one of those cunts.

Cops around here like to pull people over using those so I think I’ll just stick with what’s legal in my car.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
It appears there is a version of the car I have that comes with LED headlights. According to the manual anyway. It has LED listed as the headlight bulb type.

I wonder if I could get away with that. Then again, they are so fucking expensive so perhaps I’ll just leave that.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
It appears there is a version of the car I have that comes with LED headlights. According to the manual anyway. It has LED listed as the headlight bulb type.

I wonder if I could get away with that. Then again, they are so fucking expensive so perhaps I’ll just leave that.
It likely would have different headlight assemblies.

Edit: If it takes halogens (H7 in those?) you could look at Philips Xtreme visions. They're decent globes, with a nice bright white.

Last edited:

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
It likely would have different headlight assemblies.

Edit: If it takes halogens (H7 in those?) you could look at Philips Xtreme visions. They're decent globes, with a nice bright white.
Yeah H7 for low beam, HB3 for high beam. I'll heard those are quite good so I'll give those a try.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.