The BHQ Automotive Thread

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Fair enough, but that wasn't the context of UB's "just buy a better car" statement.
I know, but you went on to generalise a bit too. I think SF has a nice car, I don't want to see him **** it.

I'd be more supportive of having a turbo of the little donk than installing dud shit in the interior. Would void the warranty, but would go fast.

lynx000

NRL Captain
Waiting to win lotto
I've probably asked, but have you put them on a strip? Times?
Negative to both. The FB group I am in for the new mustang, the head of that group had her $120K plus mustang taken out by an AC Cobra replica during a parade lap. They were both insured with Shannons, no insurance on either, her car was a write off. As soon as you are anywhere near a track, you void your insurance.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Negative to both. The FB group I am in for the new mustang, the head of that group had her $120K plus mustang taken out by an AC Cobra replica during a parade lap. They were both insured with Shannons, no insurance on either, her car was a write off. As soon as you are anywhere near a track, you void your insurance.
I assume that insuring it on the track costs a big whack too?

NRL Player
I assume that insuring it on the track costs a big whack too?
We pay up towards 20K+ depending on the event. Something like Bathurst 12 hour starts at 50k plus for basic insurance and that depends on the driver.

Last edited:
Hey Nashy Nashy ✌
It's been a while Bro🤗

I've recently picked up an 01/2001 forester... I love it.
It's got almost 350k on the clock.

Just did an oil change, I used Penrite HPR5 5W-40 full synthetic oil with a ryco filter.
Are they good choices?

I really like this car & want it to last me a while. How often would you recommend I change the oil... 5k, 8k 10k?

Also... I haven't forgotten about that J Bro. I know it's taking years lol...
I'll get there though! You can count on it!👍

Cheers mate ✌

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
That's good oil and filter. Keep an eye on the oil level. If she's burning it, bump it to a 10 weight.

I'd be. Going 10k/6m myself.

There is a timing belt replacement to consider too. I can check later, but I think it will be coming due.

Reds2011

U18 Player
The mention of timing belts reminded me.. 2013 Tiguan with the 2 litre TSI turbo and ~105k on the clock. I get conflicting info about timing chains on it.

Do they need to be checked or adjusted etc?

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The mention of timing belts reminded me.. 2013 Tiguan with the 2 litre TSI turbo and ~105k on the clock. I get conflicting info about timing chains on it.

Do they need to be checked or adjusted etc?
If it had a chain, don't touch. If it had a belt, I think they are due at 120km.

Too many VW engines to know it off the top of my head.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
Some arsehole bumped into me at some point, probably in a car park as I never noticed it, with this as the result:

JPEG_20200319_144322_2529806651140701577.jpg

Called Shmick and arranged for a $50 home repair. Here's the outcome:

20200409_110513.jpg

Can't see any traces and no color discrepancy either. Stoked!

lynx000

NRL Captain
Waiting to win lotto
Some arsehole bumped into me at some point, probably in a car park as I never noticed it, with this as the result:

View attachment 7640

Called Shmick and arranged for a $50 home repair. Here's the outcome:

View attachment 7641

Can't see any traces and no color discrepancy either. Stoked!
That is fantastic, score, well done. I might get the contact details from you, I have something similar on the wife's CX-5 but front guard.

Waynesaurus

NRL Player
Springfield
Today I'm welcoming a new lady into my life and if I'm honest I'm a little numb and not really sure how I feel.

My 'old girl' has given me plenty of fun times and we've been together for 10 years, she certainly knows what I like, is a great ride and makes all the right noises:smoker:but *sigh* she just doesn't look as good anymore, things aren't as firm and smooth as they once were, so the time has come to move onto a new woman.

My 10 year old WRX is being replaced by a new WRX, after 3 months wait......... it is finally here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.