The BHQ Automotive Thread

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by ningnangnong, Sep 10, 2013.

They aren’t replacing the timing belt.

1. Nashy

Nashy

Gotta pay the bills.

Harry Sack likes this.
  2. Nashy

Nashy

I'd get another quote. Less than 2 hours quoted on that, and the seal should only be about $40.

3. Nashy

Nashy

Oh. And replace the timing belt while you're in there. Dumb not to unless it's been done like, last week.

4. http://www.top10cars.com.au/editorial-time-bring-back-ford-laser/

The Ford Laser needs to make a comeback. The Focus has been deteriorating and as a result sales have dropped. The Laser dominated the small car market back in the day with it's affordability and reliability.

If Ford want to get back on top in the small car department, bringing back the Laser would be a good start. Looking around online there is still a high demand for them.

In all of the cars I've owned, my family have owned, friends have owned, none of them have ever been more reliable than a Laser.

The SR2 was a good finish, but it's time for it to come back.

I know Nissan tried to revive the Pulsar and it failed, but the Pulsar really was an unremarkable car to begin with and I don't remember it being as popular back then as the Laser.

5. The fucked up part is that quote came from Toyota in Southport.

6. Morkel

Morkel

There’s your problem. Manufacturer service shops are always expensive.

Nashy and Harry Sack like this.
  7. Harry Sack

Harry Sack State of Origin Rep

I assume you mean that style of car, as in back to basics? Scrap the Focus design, start from scratch and call it a laser?

8. Nashy

Nashy

Ford are in the small car department. Festiva.

I'm not sure what this article is about, but it's obviously written by some latte loving journo who has no concept of the real world, and probably drives a Laser that's a bucket of shit, but he just loves it oh so much. Like smashed avo toast.

Would you want them to rebadge the Festiva with the name Laser? What exactly do you want them to do? Just recreate what you have in a modern body, because they pretty much have, they just changed the name, and had to do some work on it to remain competitive.

If it's lacking safety features, low power, fuel loving, shit interior and no technology, fuck, I don't even think Cherry can help you, but the A1 will at least match the ANCAP rating you have now, of nil.

Morkel and Porthoz like this.
  9. Nashy

Nashy

The only thing fucked up about that is that you are surprised they're charging double what the aftermarket would. But hey, the benefits are there, genuine parts and factory trained technician..... who tells the apprentice to do it.

Harry Sack likes this.
  10. BRC088

BRC088 QCup Player

Hmmm, TX3 Laser with glass gearboxes, gotta love them (when they weren't strewn across the road)..

Anyways, there's a guy I work with who drives his 84 laser every day to work, the thing is MINT. Stock as the day it rolled off the production line and straight as an arrow. End pointless post....

Nashy likes this.
  11. No one said Ford are not in the small car department.. The article was about Ford taking back control of the small car department and dominating it like they did with the Laser.

I want them to resurrect the Laser and bring it back. The Focus has been deteriorating and the Festiva just isn't enough for Ford to regain the lead. The person writing the article probably is a Laser driver. They may not be popular on this site but there is still a very high demand for them in the small car department. That's why used Lasers can sell for over $4000 despite having high km's.

A modern Laser with all of the features you see in car's today, named LXI 2, GLXI 2 or SR3. That will sell in Australia easily.

What Ford have now isn't working anymore. They need to try something. Bringing back an Australian classic might just do the trick. Or it might end like the Pulsar, we'll see.

12. Nashy

Nashy

Could you give me the figures you're using to base this on? Last year Ford increased their overall sales around 17%, and the trend has continued into this year. What would they do different to their current small car offerings apart from change the name?

I'm confused to what you actually think they need to do.

13. Nashy

Nashy

We have a customer who has been coming here for a number of years. He's not well liked in the area, because he's an old Indian business man, and he's all about the discounts and jobs being done immediately. But whatever, he can be a pain, but he's a nice guy, and beyond his unrealistic expectations of time and money, he's a good customer.

I've just told him I can't finish his breakdown today (towed in 10 minutes ago). His offer to get us over the line to have it done today. A good box of curry. :porthozthinksthisishot:

Needless to say. I won't be eating curry tonight.

14. Harry Sack

Speaking of, the customers that walked in after I was leaving yesterday were arguing with each other about something on the invoice. Probably didn't discount it enough to their liking :biggrin:

15. Nashy

Nashy

Perhaps those customers work for the person I'm talking about in the above post.......

(They do)

16. Harry Sack

Maybe they should have offered a box of Pasta....

Nashy likes this.
  17. abashii

abashii NRL Player

How about a bag of high grade smoke?

18. Morkel

Morkel

* Steam

19. Nashy

Nashy

Absolutely, we have a free hoist available to start now.