The BHQ Travel Thread

Kimlo

International Captain
Brisbane
I just do a quick 360 video of the car. Takes 5 seconds, state the date while taking the video. Done. Never had them make a claim against me though.

I genuinely just use whatever I can find a discount on at the time, last time it was Thrifty who had a free class upgrade which was the best deal and I'm an RACQ member which also stacked on a 10 or 15% discount.

Sproj

International Rep
If not worried about cost, as was mentioned in the initial question, always pay extra to bring the excess to 0. No problems then.

Clintos

NRL Captain
Around
Cheers all!

I'll make sure I give the car a thorough assessment and take heaps of photos.
If I've never heard of the rental company then I won't even bother.

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
If not worried about cost, as was mentioned in the initial question, always pay extra to bring the excess to 0. No problems then.
Just touching on this. Much like travel insurance, the excess reduction on your credit card can be a large delay, so you will still be out of pocket.

Also, do NOT book the insurance via ant third party booking agent. It is NOT the same excess reduction insurance offered by the rental agents. It will cover you, but much like credit card, you need to pay the excess then claim it back. In some cases, that's over $2000 out of pocket for a few weeks while the claim goes through.

Clintos

NRL Captain
Around
Just touching on this. Much like travel insurance, the excess reduction on your credit card can be a large delay, so you will still be out of pocket.

Also, do NOT book the insurance via ant third party booking agent. It is NOT the same excess reduction insurance offered by the rental agents. It will cover you, but much like credit card, you need to pay the excess then claim it back. In some cases, that's over $2000 out of pocket for a few weeks while the claim goes through.
That's a fair point. I handn't considered that.

I'll just pay the extra when I book directly.

Dexter

NRL Captain
Ive been on WA for the last 2 weeks and fimally got to Coral Bay to swim with the whale sharks.
Absolutely brilliant day

This Shark was 10 mtrs plus, we were in 70 mtrs of water which was a bit of a worry at first but we soon forgot about any other critters which might be around.

DSC_7523.jpg
DSC_7434.jpgDSC_7528.jpgDSC_7613.jpg

Renegade

NRL Captain
Ive been on WA for the last 2 weeks and fimally got to Coral Bay to swim with the whale sharks.
Absolutely brilliant day

This Shark was 10 mtrs plus, we were in 70 mtrs of water which was a bit of a worry at first but we soon forgot about any other critters which might be around.

View attachment 5511
View attachment 5508View attachment 5509View attachment 5510
Nice one, that's on my bucket list as I've done cage diving with great whites off Port Lincoln and diving with Giant Manta Rays off Kona in Hawaii.

Was this in Exmouth? One of my best mates has a brother that runs the tours in Exmouth for this.

Dexter

NRL Captain
Nice one, that's on my bucket list as I've done cage diving with great whites off Port Lincoln and diving with Giant Manta Rays off Kona in Hawaii.

Was this in Exmouth? One of my best mates has a brother that runs the tours in Exmouth for this.
No , we went from coral bay about 200kms south of exmouth.
This time of year exmouth is probably better because the Sharks tend to be further north.
They do a snorkel tour and dive qith tiger sharks no cage but we had no time for that this time around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter