The BHQ Travel Thread

Accept

NRL Player
Sawtell
Down in Shitney for a few days. Anything I definitely need to do/see?( First timer)
Circular Quay, Darling Harbour, Luna Park, Taronga Zoo, Bondi, Manly. The list goes on and on. Just avoid heading west as that is where it turns to shit.

Allo

NRL Captain
Circular Quay, Darling Harbour, Luna Park, Taronga Zoo, Bondi, Manly. The list goes on and on. Just avoid heading west as that is where it turns to shit.
I’m staying just south of the Harbour (Surry Hills) so I’ll see most of that stuff tomorrow.

No chance I’m heading to suburbia, particularly that way

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Why so many people hate Sydney? It's a fantastic City.
It is nothing more than average city. Both Brisbane and Melbourne are better in Australia, I'd argue Surfer's Paradise too and Perth. Sydney is just a boring city with little culture. I would prefer to live in Newcastle if I had to choose out of the two.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
It's too big. Too busy. Rush hour there is something else. I'll avoid that place like the plague in rush hour. Manly and Bondi are nice but it costs an arm and a leg just to park your car there. There are many places outside Sydney just as nice but with free parking.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
It is nothing more than average city. Both Brisbane and Melbourne are better in Australia, I'd argue Surfer's Paradise too and Perth. Sydney is just a boring city with little culture. I would prefer to live in Newcastle if I had to choose out of the two.
I'd pick Sydney over all of those. Except Perth, only because I haven't been there yet. 737 for 5 hours? **** that.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
It's too big. Too busy. Rush hour there is something else. I'll avoid that place like the plague in rush hour. Manly and Bondi are nice but it costs an arm and a leg just to park your car there. There are many places outside Sydney just as nice but with free parking.
I made the mistake of driving there once. I was actually terrified. And lost...

Reactions: Tom

Tom

State of Origin Rep
I made the mistake of driving there once. I was actually terrified. And lost...
Yeah I haven't stopped there in a long while but I drive the outskirts from time to time to pass through it. I make sure to time my journey so it's in the middle of the day. Even the outskirts are bullshit at rush hour. You are right about the zoo though. It's a fantastic zoo. The aquarium is alright too.

Allo

NRL Captain
Honestly I don’t dislike the place so far - it feels like a city, plus I don’t hate the inner-city street front houses. Maybe it’s just an undercurrent of years of bad Aussie tv making it feel more than it is.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Sydney is a beautiful city around the harbour and beaches, but it is otherwise a shithole with nightmarish traffic and way too many people.
Love Perth, and wouldn't mind living there, although it's just a bit too isolated for my liking.
Melbourne and Adelaide are by far the most boring cities of the lot though...

All in all, nothing beats SEQ imo.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Driving in really big busy cities can leave scars inside of your soul. I drove in London once, never again.
Ahhh yes, London. I was given a go behind the wheel while I was over there...I quickly gave up the driving duties. I had a very memorable cab ride in Florence too where there didn't seem to be any lanes marked and we were weaving between cars. Got me to my destination quick as **** though

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Ahhh yes, London. I was given a go behind the wheel while I was over there...I quickly gave up the driving duties. I had a very memorable cab ride in Florence too where there didn't seem to be any lanes marked and we were weaving between cars. Got me to my destination quick as **** though
Driving in Southern Europe is heaps of fun. Italy is a blast if you're not faint of heart...

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Scariest bus ride I’ve had was in Florence. They all think they are Formula 1 drivers.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Scariest bus ride I’ve had was in Florence. They all think they are Formula 1 drivers.
Yeah but the paninis in Florence are worth whatever you sacrifice to get there.

I actually thought driving in Italy was fun, not really sure where the fear is.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Sydney is a beautiful city around the harbour and beaches, but it is otherwise a shithole with nightmarish traffic and way too many people.
Love Perth, and wouldn't mind living there, although it's just a bit too isolated for my liking.
Melbourne and Adelaide are by far the most boring cities of the lot though...

All in all, nothing beats SEQ imo.
Melbourne is the most boring city in Aus?? Deadset, can't take any of that post seriously.

I like Brissy as the best city in Aus but that is because cycling there is great and the weather is fantastic most of the year.

Put Brissy's weather in Melbourne and I'd move there in a heartbeat. Melbourne is EASILY the most interesting city in Aus, it isn't even close with any other city.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter