NEWS The coaching interview "narrative"...

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Some pretty amazing claims were made on 360 a little while ago which I thought warranted discussion, in particular this angle that James Hooper is pushing about how Seibold came to get the job. According to them, the whole thing was a fix. Allegedly Paul White never even showed up to Demetriou's interview, and also apparently shook Kevin Walters hand and said the job was his then turned around and hired Seibold.

I am no club insider, so I don't know if any of this has merit or the media are just full of shit, but the fact that Tallis came out during the week and asserted that the club intentionally pushed old heads away sort of marries up too well with what Hooper is claiming to be untrue.

On a personal note I'm not too fussed about the interview process and the way it was handled, but if there is any truth at all to these calls that the club disrespected club legends when they reached out to help (including Walters), that shit reallllly gets to me. Tallis can get fucked because he's an axe grinding sook but the thought of players like Webcke, Pearl and others being pushed away by the club does not sit well.

Last edited:
Some pretty amazing claims were made on 360 a little while ago which I thought warranted discussion, in particular this angle that James Hooper is pushing about how Seibold came to get the job. According to them, the whole thing was a fix. Allegedly Paul White never even showed up to Demetriou's interview, and also apparently shook Kevin Walters hand and said the job was his then turned around and hired Seibold.

I am no club insider, so I don't know if any of this has merit or the media are just full of shit, but the fact that Tallis came out during the week and asserted that the club intentionally pushed old heads away sort of marries up too well with what Hooper is claiming to be untrue.

On a personal note I'm not too fussed about the interview process and the way it was handled, but if there is any truth at all to these calls that the club disrespected club legends when they reached out to help, that shit reallllly gets to me. Tallis can get fucked because he's an axe grinding sook but the thought of players like Webcke, Pearl and others being pushed away by the club does not sit well.
Recall him also saying Lockyer did not show up to Walters' interview.

On a personal note I'm not too fussed about the interview process and the way it was handled, but if there is any truth at all to these calls that the club disrespected club legends when they reached out to help (including Walters), that shit reallllly gets to me. Tallis can get fucked because he's an axe grinding sook but the thought of players like Webcke, Pearl and others being pushed away by the club does not sit well.

All true

Paul White handled a lot of things very very poorly

All true

@lynx000 Here's your fucking big hero.

anigif_sub-buzz-6717-1504814008-3.gif

Last edited:
All true

That's so fucked hey. I was saddened reading about it last year and seeing it confirmed right when everything is falling apart it feels twice as bad.
Recall him also saying Lockyer did not show up to Walters' interview.
That's pretty shit too, honestly I'd have thought better of Locky. Like why get the bloke's hopes up and waste his time applying for a job that's already gone to the CEO's mate then not even have the decency to show up?

Last edited:
When front office and corporate become the priority within a sporting organisation, with the actual sport a distant second, this unrest is the result.

I don’t blame Seibold at all. He’s working with what he’s got. But he isn’t calling all the shots unfortunately.

When front office and corporate become the priority within a sporting organisation, with the actual sport a distant second, this unrest is the result.

I don’t blame Seibold at all. He’s working with what he’s got. But he isn’t calling all the shots unfortunately.

**** me, this is what I have long suspected but hoped wasn’t true. I now actually hope that the media keep pushing this because White and that **** Morris need to go.

EDIT: Outburst. Nvm.

Last edited:

Do we have literally anything to look forward to? Fifita staying? A signing of any note for 2021?

Or should we just buckle up for several years of mediocrity?

@lynx000 Here's your fucking big hero.

anigif_sub-buzz-6717-1504814008-3.gif
You still do not get it dipshit. Criticize him for things that are true and accurate, go your hardest. Just don't make shit up that is not true. Do you think you can understand that or do you need a further explanation? If there was a flawed or sham interview process, all three of them not only warrant criticism but serious questions need to be asked as to whether they can respectively remain as Board chair, CEO and independent director.

Joe I don't know who you are at the club or how much influence you command, but I beg you mate, when Paul White departs at the end of this year, make sure anyone you would call his associates follow him out. Treat his departure as hitting the reset button, and load up both departments with people who know their role and shut their mouth if you get my meaning.

More just screaming into the abyss than anything else, but do what you can to salvage the joint.

Last edited:
Well there is one way to look at it all, the NRL finally wins by bringing the Broncos down to mediocrity and amateur hour.

If these things are true, and it sounds like they are, then was Siebs really the best man for the job? It throws everything into a bad light.

All the signs were there late last year. When fans were baying for blood and demanding answers after 58-0 his first act was to proudly announce he was extending his contract.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Lozza
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Skyblues87
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.