NEWS The coaching interview "narrative"...

**** me, this is what I have long suspected but hoped wasn’t true. I now actually hope that the media keep pushing this because White and that **** Morris need to go.
Actually I hoped it was true, it would at least explain something.

I just wonder how far back the true power swung fully over to management. I mean there was a time when a winning coach and a winning team set the direction and really held the reins. The head coach had massive power quite often with enough clout to get people arseholed. The sort of power Bellamy seems to still possess to this day.

I suggested a long time ago that WB didn't come back to the position of power he once had although in title only was it the same. I think the powerhouse coach role died IMMEDIATELY after WB left with mere 'employees' in the role of coach since that era ended with WBs first departure. I'm saying all the coaches since that date, WB included were treated like puppets from on high, all hamstrung. WB was lucky on his second visit with early success but that hid the new true nature of the Broncos.

We've lost something for sure and I think it's simply described and tough to get back. The games essence.

The people on the team and the coach trying to win A match on any given day.

A marriage if you will. Everyone else should just feel privileged to play a role in supporting those two elements and that includes owners, fans, and management. The media is an issue apart.

The priority is the 'essence' of any club or it should be. No distilled description of the game of rugby league mentions anyone else but the two elements. Considering a team without a coach is fair enough to describe a game as having a single element but for my purposes I consider the coaches as essential, much like an orchestra and conductor.

Last edited:
White had personal reasons for missing JD and I remember Kevvie's was moved because Lockyer couldn't be there at the original date.
[automerge]1591619589[/automerge]
I just wonder how far back the true power swung fully over to management. I mean there was a time when a winning coach and a winning team set the direction and really held the reins. The head coach had massive power quite often with enough clout to get people arseholed. The sort of power Bellamy seems to still possess to this day.

I suggested a long time ago that WB didn't come back to the position of power he once had although in title only was it the same. I think the powerhouse coach role died IMMEDIATELY after WB left with mere 'employees' in the role of coach since that era ended with WBs first departure. I'm saying all the coaches since that date, WB included were treated like puppets from on high, all hamstrung. WB was lucky on his second visit with early success but that hid the new true nature of the Broncos.

We've lost something for sure and I think it's simply described and tough to get back. The games essence.

A marriage if you will. Everyone else should just feel privileged to play a role in supporting those two elements and that includes owners, fans, and management. The media is an issue apart.

The priority is the 'essence' of any club or it should be. No distilled description of the game of rugby league mentions anyone else but the two elements. Considering a team without a coach is fair enough to describe a game as having a single element but for my purposes I consider the coaches as essential, much like an orchestra and conductor.

It ended when they realised he was capable of just leaving for the Roosters.

Last edited:
Well there is one way to look at it all, the NRL finally wins by bringing the Broncos down to mediocrity and amateur hour.

We have become mediocrity incarnate on our own, no help there.

Tell me about it! That could have been us getting beaten by 2020’s wooden spooners

If we played the Titans this week, dont think the result would change. Or the Bulldogs...but definitely confident we can beat St George, probably in a field goal shoot out 2-1.

Lovely writing! I think this is a corporate mentality in general, profits (money) over people (soul)

White had personal reasons for missing JD and I remember Kevvie's was moved because Lockyer couldn't be there at the original date.
[automerge]1591619589[/automerge]

It ended when they realised he was capable of just leaving for the Roosters.

So at best case the media have exaggerated, worst case they have flat out lied. Brilliant.

So at best case the media have exaggerated, worst case they have flat out lied. Brilliant.
Yes, I wondered when the hysterics above were posted. I remember this was spoken about last year and it was made clear that White had to miss the JD interview because of personal reasons. Secondly, it was also reported about Lockyer having a clash for the Walters interview, but Kevvie wanted all three present and asked for it to be rescheduled and it was.

Firstly, let us consider the credibility of the media sources involved: Hooper and Tallis.

I have yet to hear out of Kevvie's mouth the allegation that he was told by White he had the job and that he shook his hand. One can never discount the possibility that Tallis either misunderstood something he was told by Kevvie or is twisting something he was told to fuel his agenda.

If it is the case that White did what Tallis alleges, it is poor form by him. I stand by my comments above that if the interview process was in fact a sham, then questions have to be asked about the suitability of Morris, White and Lockyer for their respective roles and whether they should step aside.

Yeah I think the 'didn't turn up' suggests White is just sitting at home in his pyjamas. It was communicated to JD that he wasn't going to be there and I am even sure JD was given the choice do you want to move it and he said no.

Kevvie's was definitely moved to a few days later.

Last edited:
Yeah I think the 'didn't turn up' suggests White is just sitting at home in his pyjamas. It was communicated to JD that he wasn't going to be there and I am even sure JD was given the choice do you want to move it and he said no.

Kevvie's was definitely moved to a few days later.

I am probably stupid for thinking this but I really wish the club started to stand up for themselves and call these guys out. The media keep making up lies because they know they won't get called out and if you embarrass them the will at least have to think twice next time.

Walters this morning refused to comment on the whole hand shake agreement with Paul White.
One would think Walters told Tallis that the hand shake took place, but by refusing to comment or back Tallis up, Tallis now looks like an absolute fool.
One would think if/when Walters told Tallis about it, he would have thought that Tallis wouldn't leak it to the media.
It'll be an interesting 10hr drive for the two as they have been travelling to/from Sydney weekly together..

Walters this morning refused to comment on the whole hand shake agreement with Paul White.
One would think Walters told Tallis that the hand shake took place, but by refusing to comment or back Tallis up, Tallis now looks like an absolute fool.
One would think if/when Walters told Tallis about it, he would have thought that Tallis wouldn't leak it to the media.
It'll be an interesting 10hr drive for the two as they have been travelling to/from Sydney weekly together..
Didn't the whole handshake thing happen years earlier??

I thought it was way back in 2017 or so where it was suggested that the job was Kevvie's after Wayne finished up... I think it was when Titans were looking at Brennan and speculation came out that Kevvie didn't apply for the job because he was waiting on the Broncos gig when Wayne finished up... but Wayne just kept going, then had a falling out with Kevvie and eventually annointed JD as his successor.

I think a lot of time passed between Kevvie being "told" the job was his compared to when it was actually time to appoint a new coach... also questions were probably being asked about Kevvie's coaching credibility based on origin results and also getting overlooked for other coaching jobs

Or this handshake deal never actually happened and Walters said it in frustration at missing out on the job (not that I blame him, I mean who hasn't blown up or exagerrated to mates when pissed off) obviously not thinking that he was talking to a halfwit that would go and tell the world about it.

There is one way to start cleaning it up, White to get in front of the press make a short statement of facts to clean it up?

Again, I reiterate, absolutely none of this would have ever been an issue in the first place if the people running the club were able to handle things correctly all the way back when they decided to move for Bellamy. If just one person in charge had been able to work out what the right amount of money or the right conditions required were to get the best Coach in the game back to Brisbane, we wouldn't be facing any of this mess right now.

Last edited:
I haven’t been on White’s back up until recently, and as you point out, there’s very clear examples of the rot at the top, even stemming back to the Hook days. You’ve absolutely got a point and I’ve had enough. The rot always starts at the top.

Who in the board has balls to start the cleanout call though?

I am probably stupid for thinking this but I really wish the club started to stand up for themselves and call these guys out. The media keep making up lies because they know they won't get called out and if you embarrass them the will at least have to think twice next time.

It's probably been re-told and exaggerated, and White couldn't come has now become White didn't turn up- which happens with every football related story.

But they're very different things. One sounds arrogant and rude one is my daughter is in hospital and I am sorry can we do this Friday or it might have even been his health.

But I know White isn't rude.

Hard to say, not commenting could also be it's absolutely true but he doesn't want to pour more shit on the club when we're already up against it. Tallis has form in broadcasting private conversations too.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.