NEWS The coaching interview "narrative"...

I haven’t been on White’s back up until recently, and as you point out, there’s very clear examples of the rot at the top, even stemming back to the Hook days. You’ve absolutely got a point and I’ve had enough. The rot always starts at the top.
I fully commend White for the commercial success he's overseen during his time here. He's clearly a highly competent operator and financially speaking we've done tremendously well out of him.

The question has to be asked though, what good is generating all that revenue if we're unable to use it to secure the best person possible in the most crucial staffing position in the entire club.

There is virtually nothing to stop Brisbane having the best Coach in the game at all times and if we failed to land them when we get to the negotiating table then the people who botched the negotiation should be accountable for explaining that.

I don't know if Bellamy ever took us seriously or not, only he probably really knows that deep down, but at the very least he should have had to turn down an absolutely obscene amount of money if he was always taking us for a ride and always staying in Melbourne.

Last edited:
Hard to say, not commenting could also be it's absolutely true but he doesn't want to pour more shit on the club when we're already up against it. Tallis has form in broadcasting private conversations too.
I'm inclined to say it's a bit of both. It usually is in circumstances like this. Perhaps Kevvie misunderstood or overestimated comments that were made to him and he shared that with Tallis. Perhaps Tallis has twisted that misunderstanding into 'Kevvie was given an absolute guarantee that was then reneged on'.

It would be pretty highly unprofessional to run a sham interview process, then privately guarantee one of the candidates the job without following through, and that to me doesn't sound terribly like the Paul White we do know.

Nobody. I’m thinking Locky is a waste of space at this point, too.

Locky is just to ‘nice’ to do the clean out that’s required.
In any case he doesn’t have the authority. Morris would just sack him if he tried to shake things up.
The only person with the authority to do what’s required is Lachlan Murdoch and he’s on the other side of the world and has other things on his mind at the moment.

So at best case the media have exaggerated, worst case they have flat out lied. Brilliant.
No one saw it coming...
Bunch of puppets being manipulated by people like Slothfield fishing for clicks, imagine that.

P.S. I'm not sure whether I was more amused or disgusted by the idea of the likes of Badel or Hooper with Slothfields arms all the way up their arses...

I don't know if Bellamy ever took us seriously or not, only he probably really knows that deep down, but at the very least he should have had to turn down an absolutely obscene amount of money if he was always taking us for a ride and always staying in Melbourne.

Well if the figures are correct and he got offered something in the vicinity of $1.375 million a year over 4 years, I would fathom a guess that isn’t a low ball offer and was probably just interested in the offer out of curiosity.

On the other hand, his interview may have in fact gone something like this:

White: “Craig, do you have any questions or queries you would like to raise before we begin the interview?”

Craig: “Yes, just the one. Do you have room in your cap for me to bring Cameron Smith across?”

White: “Sorry Craig, that is just something we cannot possibly accommodate...”

Craig: “No worries... um thanks for your time fellas” (Get’s up from chair)

White: “Wait Craig! We haven’t even started the interview yet!”

Craig: “That’s ok, ill show myself out. Thank you once again for your time”

When front office and corporate become the priority within a sporting organisation, with the actual sport a distant second, this unrest is the result.

I don’t blame Seibold at all. He’s working with what he’s got. But he isn’t calling all the shots unfortunately.
I may be a little bit dim witted but I would hazard a guess that winning a premiership would be a great way to attract $ to the club. I imagine it would be easier to sell to sponsors, fill the seats at Lang Park & sell merch if the Telstra trophy came to Red Hill instead of the timber spoon.

I may be a little bit dim witted but I would hazard a guess that winning a premiership would be a great way to attract $ to the club. I imagine it would be easier to sell to sponsors, fill the seats at Lang Park & sell merch if the Telstra trophy came to Red Hill instead of the timber spoon.

sponsors care about exposure more than anything else ...

and channel 9 love us, because whether it is our fans tuning in because we are winning, or the haters tuning in because we are sucking, channel 9 wins and our sponsors get good exposure

A lot of fans will only watch for so long if this rubbish continues. Non-fans will only find the novelty of the Broncos being absolute trash funny for so long as well before they start turning off. Why would anybody want to keep watching this trash when you could watch literally any other two teams who actually try.

At a time when league should be showcasing to the world how good this game is, one of the big drawcards is playing ugly, lethargic, unattractive garbage. This won't win over new fans and will lose a lot of the old if it keeps up. A competitive and strong team is absolutely important to a good business model.

It also doesn't help that the coach comes across as fairly unlikable either, can't even use the charm offensive.

A lot of fans will only watch for so long if this rubbish continues. Non-fans will only find the novelty of the Broncos being absolute trash funny for so long as well before they start turning off. Why would anybody want to keep watching this trash when you could watch literally any other two teams who actually try.

Spot on. Living in Sydney i have a lot of non Bronco following league mates and they were relieved to not have to watch us on Thu night last round. These are the kind of guys that watch their own team play and maybe 2-4 other games during the weekend so not hardcore fans like the majority on this site but i'd say average league fans. Its a small sample size but 3 of our "footy group" of 6 didn't bother watching our game vs. the Knights but did watch us play Eels, Chooks and Manly.

Spot on. Living in Sydney i have a lot of non Bronco following league mates and they were relieved to not have to watch us on Thu night last round. These are the kind of guys that watch their own team play and maybe 2-4 other games during the weekend so not hardcore fans like the majority on this site but i'd say average league fans. Its a small sample size but 3 of our "footy group" of 6 didn't bother watching our game vs. the Knights but did watch us play Eels, Chooks and Manly.
There's only two types of people watching Broncos games at the moment: Rusted on, die-hard Broncos fans and masochists.

On second thoughts - maybe it's one as you need to be of the latter persuasion to qualify as the former.

Lockyer is my all time favourite player but reading this makes me lose some respect for him. White and the entire board need to go. That handling of the coaching saga has set us back years.
I vaguely remember something about him excusing himself from the process for conflict of interest

Unread

Active Now

• Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  • Galah
  • MrRobot
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.