The Commentary team

I'd go as far as saying it could be damaging for Rugby League to have him commentating one of the biggest events in our game. AFL or Union fans tuning into this would surely be repelled by the rubbish they hear from him. No wonder they think we're idiots

The guys who commentate Super Rugby and Wallaby tests on Fox Sports are no better than any of the 9 crew and are more biased towards Australia then what any of the 9 guys are towards their teams.

During the Lions tour in a warm up game a couple of years ago they were playing the Waratahs, the Waratahs were behind by 30 points with 5 minutes to go. One of the commentators said 'the Waratahs would like a good finish here they wouldn't want the score to blow out'. They were more than 4 converted tries behind bro :laugh:

I've never heard a commentator anywhere in the world say something like that before.

It's just commentators calling a game how does it impact the result of a game? Just enjoy the fact you're getting to see the game live, there are places around the country were you are lucky to even see the result of the game on the day it's played.

Who cares if the commentary is bias, it's good having someone fire you up it makes the game more fun to watch. I love watching the tests in England because of those pommy blokes that call it. So one eyed it's funny.

It's not like the QLD'ers are completely impartial. Fatty, Wally and Lockyer are proudly Queensland and are not afraid to show it at all. In fact my early memories of Origin involve Fatty blowing his load whenever Queensland were looking good.

Are you kidding? Wally Lewis develops Stockholm Syndrome during Origin time.

Worst bit was seeing Freddie in his Blues tracksuit doing sideline. At least Gordie, who is not even close to a favourite anymore was in a suit.

Does the commentary really piss people off that much? it's pretty much background noise when you're watching it with people?

it's pretty funny when people are like OMG BIAS - it's state of origin with a comm box full of ex players, of course they're going to be biased, who gives a shit? is your life that dull that something like this rustles your jimmies?

Last edited:
It's one of (if not the) biggest sporting event in Australia and you don't think people are going to dissect every element?

People are complaining as if the box was stacked with supporters of one side and did nothing but shit down the throat of the opposition, which is patently untrue. The best quote of the night by Gould was against NSW - the sprinkler comment. Not to mention him consistently saying Qld were dominant and rolling over NSW in the 2nd half, mentioning their go forward sucked without Tamou and Woods, etc etc...

Some people just like to whinge, I guess.

Edit: I think people have Gould hangovers - yes he was bad in the mid to late 2000's, you only have to watch lockyer's match winning try in 2006 to see that, him screaming oh no!!! in the box. He is nowhere near as bad as that these days.

Last edited:
People are complaining as if the box was stacked with supporters of one side and did nothing but shit down the throat of the opposition, which is patently untrue. The best quote of the night by Gould was against NSW - the sprinkler comment. Not to mention him consistently saying Qld were dominant and rolling over NSW in the 2nd half, mentioning their go forward sucked without Tamou and Woods, etc etc...

Some people just like to whinge, I guess.
Surely you see the irony in this...?

Surely you see the irony in this...?
If you're equating where I stated, I find it funny... and then gave an opinion on something as having a whinge, I feel bad 4 u son.

I can tell you how it goes when you've got people over in the game.

For 70 odd minutes it's non-stop laughs, the odd high-five and every so often WTF just happened? You sit down to listen and all you get is some NSW centric comment that doesn't help to explain anything and people just take the piss out of it (8/10 it's Gould, the rest it's either Fittler or some cases Rabs or Sterlo).

Listening to the commentary on replay whenever NSW were on top it was because of NSW. Whenever Queensland was on top it was because of NSW. It was a pretty poor effort.

I thought Warren and Sterling were not too bad and not noticeably biased towards the Blues. But Gould seemed extra biased. He was harping on how the Blues were on top after the first half. I think it is pretty hard to justify that if you analyse field position stats. In the second half all he could focus on was how bad NSW were. Hardly any credit to our forward pack who were great.

I would very much prefer to have the option of listening to the Foxtel team. I think Vossy is a bit over the top.

I found it quite amusing

I agree that Gould should have given credit to QLD in the second half because they were playing so well, but listening to him slam the hell out of NSW was highly entertaining :)

Have you ever been to a game with a few mates and there's that one bloke who just won't shut up because he knows every technical and strategic aspect of the game and will happily tell you so? Yeah, that's what Gould is like. Except you can't lean over and tell him to STFU.

I think Gould was the best out of the lot of them. I don't think he was being bias, I think he was honestly just trying the old reverse psychology on himself in the hope he would prove himself wrong.

The others are flat when QLD do something, and are bursting in the jocks when the Blues did something.
[MENTION=1928]Renegade[/MENTION] yes, I live a lowly little life. I'm like that guy who yells when you stand on my lawn for you to get off. And I want unbias commentary in my sport. It's the little things.

Well I must admit the commentary during NRL matches doesn't usually bother me too much but Wednesday night I do remember yelling at the TV on numerous occasions for Sterling and Gould to f**k off.

I could have been worse I suppose..............Ray Hadley could have been commentating and sucking all the excitement out of the match. :lalala:

It was great to hear Vossy commentating during Monday nights match.

@Renegade yes, I live a lowly little life. I'm like that guy who yells when you stand on my lawn for you to get off. And I want unbias commentary in my sport. It's the little things.
lol

Are you in a robe with slippers?

If you're equating where I stated, I find it funny... and then gave an opinion on something as having a whinge, I feel bad 4 u son.
If you can't see the irony of you whining about people whining, I feel sorry for you dad.

Footy is one of my favourite things. When I have to watch one of my favourite things with useless annoying noise accompanying it, it gets on my nerves. I don't think it's too much to ask, wanting the people commentating on one of the biggest games of the year to not be shit.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Tim K
  • Fitzy
  • leon.bott
  • Midean
  • FACTHUNT
  • heartly87
  • Hurrijo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Skathen
  • KateBroncos1812
  • mitch222
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • Wolfie
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.