The controversial thread

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Lockysillegitimatechild, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Lockysillegitimatechild

Lockysillegitimatechild NRL Player

I dont normally watch the crap but seen the project taking pot shots at the nrl....

Get this, the nrl is responsible for domestic violence because some hack did a “study” that shows it rises in australia on origin night. Shock horror! When half the country is intoxicated it rises. It also rises on afl gf night but they quickly brushed that aside when it was brought up by the nrl representative. The nrl was “gutless” because todd greenberg didnt want to that pathetic show they said.

Then, predictably, matt lodge was brought up. Dw about the rapes and domestic violence in the afl.

Coincidental that this was the same night the womans origin was on and the same weekend the origin will dwarf their pathetic rugby union series that may honestly get out rated by the womans origin lol...

Im sick of these melbourne based shows bagging our game and letting the afl get away with anything. Its arrogant and obvious PR bs, and its probably a big reason why afl is failing so terribly in queensland and western sydney, especially considering the amount of money they have pumped into it...

They remind me of mormons, they honestly think if they knock on our door and jam it down our throat we will see the light and change from our pathetic sport and start following their amazing sport like the chinese and kiwis are after seeing it...

Tags:
    abashii and heartly87 like this.
  2. The Project actually has a great recipe for success with humour mixed with news, but it also probably has the worst case of political correctness gone wrong of any TV show I have watched... it's such a shame.

3. Tom

Tom State of Origin Rep

Is the project still on? Pathetic lefty snowflakes.

4. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

The project is absolutely pathetic. Charlie Pickering got off that shit while he still had a chance.

heartly87, Allo, Tom and 1 other person like this.
  5. roo-ted

roo-ted NRL Player

The project is a piece of shit. I got sick of thier agenda pushing and propaganda a while ago, but I happened to see a recent clip that was from the show with Lisa Wilkinson saying, parents shouldn't teach thier daughters not to walk in parks at night alone, parents should teach thier sons not to rape. I couldn't believe it was given the green light to be aired

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  6. roo-ted

roo-ted NRL Player

Found it. Get a load of this

7. Tom

Tom State of Origin Rep

what a repulsive piece of jour.......I don't know what that was. Only made it just over half way through.

8. roo-ted

roo-ted NRL Player

Yep...what an absolute disgrace right

Tom likes this.
  9. Cannot stand her

10. Lockysillegitimatechild

So the message is... dont follow police advice about safety. Ive said it before and i will say it again, the journalism in australia is incredibly poor. Its actually embarrassing...

roo-ted likes this.
  11. Broncs_Fan

Broncs_Fan NRL Player

Yeah, the Project makes my blood boil. I try to avoid it.

12. Sproj

Sproj

One of the things I’ve never understood anyone in Australia watches, all Australian current affairs shows are just thinly veiled advertising and factually unchecked gossip.

13. Note to self: I must teach my boys not to rape.......I never thought of that. Thank you The Project for putting me on the right path.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  14. jarro65

jarro65 State of Origin Rep

Absolute garbage show...along with ACA.

Sproj likes this.
  15. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

The study was La Trobe Uni and they've been tracking family violence in Sydney using the crime stats from the NSW bureau on Origin night for six years. They say it rises 40% on an Origin night.

The Dr did the AFL grand final too and studies are being done on England homes during the World Cup.

40% is massive, to drop back down to normal the next Wednesday.

16. roo-ted

roo-ted NRL Player

This guy did a review and hits the nail on the head several times

17. Lockysillegitimatechild

So that is rugby leagues fault? 6 years of origin is a pitiful sample size btw, the research would also be filled with bias considering there is absolutely no blinding and the study was obviously done looking for a certain result. For example, what constituted domestic violence? Should intoxication levels be considered? What if the event happened in a home where they werent watching origin? What if the violence had been going on for years but origin gave them the courage to report it?! I mean, ffs what if they were arguing about afl? Haha its a pathetic study with an obvious agenda. The study was done looking for someone to use it as a way to bash rugby league so the uni can gain publicity. I can guarantee you the funding for the study would make for interesting reading, another opportunity to increase bias in the study. Very flawed.

But, even if this study was a flawless one, what exactly were channel 10 insinuating? Watch the origin and you suddenty start bashing your partner? That the nrl somehow have some agenda to encourage violence more then any other sport? It was a ridiculous story with its own obvious agenda to take away viewers from origin (eg “what a disgusting sport, i refuse to watch it. Turn on the afl, they didnt say they encourage violence. Gee, liam jurrah was a great player!”)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  18. roo-ted

roo-ted NRL Player

Tell me what the percentage of that 40% were either under the influence of alcohol or drugs, then I'll tell you what the real problem is

19. Tom

Tom State of Origin Rep

Is there a correlation between NSW losing and a jump in the reults? I mean the few times they have won did it go up as much?

20. Tom

Tom State of Origin Rep

At least ACA has some comedic value. And who doesn't love getting the downlow on neighbourhood disputes about people you don't know.