The controversial thread

Renegade

NRL Captain
between rocky mountain oysters and chitlins, america isnt much better than china.
I'm no rancher but I assume castrating bulls is necessary, at least the product isn't going to waste.

i'm not sure breeding bats to drink their blood/make soup out of is on the same level.

If you want to talk about human atrocities though, sure!

Midean

QCup Player
NSW
I'm no rancher but I assume castrating bulls is necessary, at least the product isn't going to waste.

i'm not sure breeding bats to drink their blood/make soup out of is on the same level.

If you want to talk about human atrocities though, sure!
Chitlins man, chitlins, who the hell wants to take the tastiest animal in the world, and eat its anus.
Bacon, nope, pork chops, nope, roast pork, nope. I will have the anus.

Renegade

NRL Captain
Chitlins man, chitlins, who the hell wants to take the tastiest animal in the world, and eat its anus.
if i'm honest i'd never heard of that until now, but eating intestines seems to fall into the same at least it's being used if the animal is to be killed category.

i've had tripe before so safe to say I probably wouldnt be a fan of chitlin either.

Tom

State of Origin Captain
W
When you buy a chicken and salad roll in Australia do you think the shop you buy it from throws away the anus? We've all eaten ass.

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
I know an older Samoan guy at the gym and he said he was surprised with all this bat shaming because Samoa has been eating bats since forever. Mind you he did also say he’d be sticking to taro from now on.

The issue is more the markets than the actual eating. All those wild animals in close range to each other when normally they’d never mingle. Apparently a bat gave some virus to a pangolin. That animal gives me maximum heebie Jeebies.

theshed

NRL Captain
They are likely just under resourced and over-populated (no likely about it), plus steeped in tradition of cures from different sources. I mean, the Chinese laugh at us for eating chicken breast as the thighs are the most succulent and tasty parts, and I agree with them wholeheartedly. I haven’t eaten a chicken breast in ten years or more.

Are we really that up ourselves to judge hungry people eating what they have access to, because most of the civilisation is below the poverty line?
I don’ know if I agree, mate. Poor people there are eating rice and noodles with off cuts of regular meat. Chicken feet, tofu, etc.

I can’t be certain but I don’t think any poor Chinese person can afford to buy a pangolin at a market for lunch. That’s some dumb traditional ideas about certain animals giving you benefits that have 0 scientific backing. Most the real out there food choices are usually delicacy and there for beyond what can be afforded by most.

I’ve lived in China, I haven’t heard about this chicken breast thing but I believe you. The difference is Chinese chickens have next to no meat on their breast. They aren’t the beautifulGM roided our chickens we’re used too. There is possibly more meat on the thigh than breast in a standard Chinese take away chook.

Generalising of course but they are some of the most welcoming, helpful, kind, and generous people I’ve ever met. I honestly don’t think I’ve been to a country that is as hospitable as the average Chinese citizen. I’m sure it depends on the city but that was my experience. Which shocked me a little considering our perception of the Chinese from an Australian perspective.

however, the regular Chinese person will likely eat some crazy shit that you can’t wrap your head around, Chicken feet, fish eyes, some bugs, etc. **** their evil government though. 100% **** their government.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Generalising of course but they are some of the most welcoming, helpful, kind, and generous people I’ve ever met. I honestly don’t think I’ve been to a country that is as hospitable as the average Chinese citizen.
I can't speak on how they act in China, because I've never been there. But in terms of Chinese people living in Australia, they're comfortably the most obnoxious and least respectful people I encounter on a daily basis. This begins to change once they've lived in Australia for 'x' amount of years, because they start adapting to our social norms, but prior to that, wow.

On the contrary, Japanese and South Korean people I encounter are always lovely people, no matter if they've lived here for 30 years or if they got here last week.

theshed

NRL Captain
I can't speak on how they act in China, because I've never been there. But in terms of Chinese people living in Australia, they're comfortably the most obnoxious and least respectful people I encounter on a daily basis. This begins to change once they've lived in Australia for 'x' amount of years, because they start adapting to our social norms, but prior to that, wow.

On the contrary, Japanese and South Korean people I encounter are always lovely people, no matter if they've lived here for 30 years or if they got here last week.
Yeah I felt the same. Hence my shock when living there. Don’t get me wrong, they have no concept of personal boundaries, western manners, and will cough up flem and fire it straight on the footpath.

but I’ve travelled a decent amount and have been to countless famous for their hospitality, for me none of them come close to the average Chinese citizen.There is a real hive mind where they all seem to live very harmoniously (unless your a minority group the government has spread propaganda about), and will go to incredible lengths to help you or other out.

I have countless countless stories of kind acts you’d be very hard pressed to see in Australia.

very nice people but very misinformed, ignorant of the outside world, and sometimes real fucking annoying and gross

Midean

QCup Player
NSW
One of my closest friends is Chinese, im 40 years old and have been good mates with him since i was 13.
He is as Aussie as any of us, and one of the nicest people you could meet.
I am genuinely concerned about how him and his family will be treated by the less intelligent members of our society after all this is said and done.
The Spanish population copped it after the Spanish flu, even though the Spanish flu didn't start in Spain.
There is already a rise in anti-asian racism in America, and have been cases of asian-americans being assaulted and abused by strangers because of this pandemic, likewise in Australia.
Sad times.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
One of my closest friends is Chinese, im 40 years old and have been good mates with him since i was 13.
He is as Aussie as any of us, and one of the nicest people you could meet.
I am genuinely concerned about how him and his family will be treated by the less intelligent members of our society after all this is said and done.
The Spanish population copped it after the Spanish flu, even though the Spanish flu didn't start in Spain.
There is already a rise in anti-asian racism in America, and have been cases of asian-americans being assaulted and abused by strangers because of this pandemic, likewise in Australia.
Sad times.
Agree. There is a heap of it online, where they're all considered unclean, diseased, and practising unusual eating habits. Or worse, that this virus is being deliberately spread by them, that they're out to get us.

Thelmus

NRL Player
Agree. There is a heap of it online, where they're all considered unclean, diseased, and practising unusual eating habits. Or worse, that this virus is being deliberately spread by them, that they're out to get us.
My son copped it the other week. He was wearing a mask and is half-filipino. You don't have to be Chinese. He near 18 and it was a middle aged woman. Fortunately he's tough enough to wear it on the skin but he shouldn't have to.
This thing is turning people crazy.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
My son copped it the other week. He was wearing a mask and is half-filipino. You don't have to be Chinese. He near 18 and it was a middle aged woman. Fortunately he's tough enough to wear it on the skin but he shouldn't have to.
Yeah it’s true. When I first came back, I wore a face mask for a few days after the isolation period just for piece of mind in case I still had it but didn’t know and even though my tests had comeback negative. I’m not Asian but I had a number of people, mostly young men, having a go at me. There are always idiots in every country at every age unfortunately and this kind of situation seems to bring out the worst in a lot of people. The best in a few though it must be said.

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
All 5 billion asians have always been regarded as the same in nature and looks by the western world for centuries.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Except white people who live in Asian countries barely got bullied or abused.
Not true. I've been punched, shouted at and spat on. I can tell you in absolute truth that I was not in any wrong to deserve it, I am not one given to being drunk or starting stuff. I even usually go into bat for Asians, as my comments on this forum will testify. But yes, it is likely rarer than what happens in Aus, where I have also been punched, shouted at and spat on.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Captain
Not true. I've been punched, shouted at and spat on. I can tell you in absolute truth that I was not in any wrong to deserve it, I am not one given to being drunk or starting stuff. I even usually go into bat for Asians, as my comments on this forum will testify. But yes, it is likely rarer than what happens in Aus, where I have also been punched, shouted at and spat on.
Yep. A friend of mine has been a teacher in Japan for roughly 15yrs and some of the stuff he posts on facebook about it is nuts. If you're a tourist, they're the nicest most helpful people ever. If you're obviously living there, completely different.

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
Not true. I've been punched, shouted at and spat on. I can tell you in absolute truth that I was not in any wrong to deserve it, I am not one given to being drunk or starting stuff. I even usually go into bat for Asians my comments on this forum will testify. But yes, it is likely rarer than what happens in Aus, where I have also been punched, shouted at and spat on.[/B]
Too soon man, too soon.

Last edited:

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
And vice versa. Some Asians are the most racist cunts in the planet.
That's very true........we might come across as racist cunts here in OZ, but when you live in any Asian country......they take it up a notch or two.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulietaRai

Members online

Twitter