NEWS The dirt has begun

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
The CM is piling on now. Can't quote anything directly, but here's a check list of turds they've dropped so far.

Seibold:

Seduced White, Morris and the board with Harvard certificates and revolutionary coaching theories. Which were shit.
Removed every reference to Bennett including slogans in the gym.
Sent motivational quotes and speeches from US presidents etc to critics.
Struggled to cope.
Used jargon like “marginal gains” and “peakless mountains”.
Couldn't connect with players on personal level.
Book-ended the two biggest defeats in Broncos history.
Sacked Boyd as captain and appointed Glenn was was on the verge of leaving.
Bought Croft from the Storm and loaned Macca to Newcastle. Questionable decisions.
Team so lacking experience desperately signed 33-year-old veterans Ben Te’o and Issac Luke.
Lost 12 of past 13 games, beating only last-placed Bulldogs.
Lost best player to the Titans.
Glut of personal drama spilling onto social media, resulting in laywers, police and private investigators getting involved.
Leaving less than two years into five year contract.
Shortest reign of any Broncos coach
Worst failure.

McHunt

Last edited:
I’m not sure why Seibs is copping it. A future immortal has made arguably poorer decisions
- signed a relatively unproven half on the highest broncos contract ever, who had precisely zero meaningful runs on the board and only played as a fullback.
- signed seibold
- publicly backed TPJ moments before he RATTED the club to the NRL about illegal third party payments organised.

So quick to blame but so reluctant to look within. should be the team mission statement. Pathetic.

I’m not sure why Seibs is copping it. A future immortal has made arguably poorer decisions
- signed a relatively unproven half on the highest broncos contract ever, who had precisely zero meaningful runs on the board and only played as a fullback.
- signed seibold
- publicly backed TPJ moments before he RATTED the club to the NRL about illegal third party payments organised.

So quick to blame but so reluctant to look within. should be the team mission statement. Pathetic.
Milf was highly in demand at the time he signed his last contract and had played three seasons at 6 at a high level. The first season of his upgraded contract he won our player of the year award. Enter seibs and he’s turned to mud. Seibs is gone and Walters is incoming, he’ll likely be our best player again next year. Welcome to the forums you absolute dribbler

The CM is piling on now. Can't quote anything directly, but here's a check list of turds they've dropped so far.

Seibold:

Seduced White, Morris and the board with Harvard certificates and revolutionary coaching theories. Which were shit.
Removed every reference to Bennett including slogans in the gym.
Sent motivational quotes and speeches from US presidents etc to critics.
Struggled to cope.
Used jargon like “marginal gains” and “peakless mountains”.
Couldn't connect with players on personal level.
Book-ended the two biggest defeats in Broncos history.
Sacked Boyd as captain and appointed Glenn was was on the verge of leaving.
Bought Croft from the Storm and loaned Macca to Newcastle. Questionable decisions.
Team so lacking experience desperately signed 33-year-old veterans Ben Te’o and Issac Luke.
Lost 12 of past 13 games, beating only last-placed Bulldogs.
Lost best player to the Titans.
Glut of personal drama spilling onto social media, resulting in laywers, police and private investigators getting involved.
Leaving less than two years into five year contract.
Shortest reign of any Broncos coach
Worst failure.

McHunt
All that in less less than two seasons. You gotta hand it to him. The guy was busy

- signed seibold

Pretty convinced this dude is a troll.

The lack of knowledge about our players (Milf signed his big contract a few years into his time as a 5/8) and the language used about the TPJ situation screams troll actually.

How am I a troll? I’ve spoken a fact that a future immortal and absolute champion player will go down as one of the clubs worst board signings and no one can even acknowledge that. All you can do is tell me how Milford is apparently good and call me a troll

How am I a troll? I’ve spoken a fact that a future immortal and absolute champion player will go down as one of the clubs worst board signings and no one can even acknowledge that. All you can do is tell me how Milford is apparently good and call me a troll

ill say this; Lockyer EITHER has a career in the media or he sticks to being a board member......he should definitely not be doing both...

- signed seibold

Hard to argue with you

ill say this; Lockyer EITHER has a career in the media or he sticks to being a board member......he should definitely not be doing both...
While I agree he can’t do both, he isn’t a very good media personality. I can’t see the broncos being successful at corporate or field level while he’s involving himself so much in signings and players personally, while he’s also involved in making terrible coaching procurement decisions.

I get he’s a club legend, but that doesn’t qualify him for a job for life and the club shouldn’t be too proud to admit their favourite son can’t contribute to their success anymore.

While I agree he can’t do both, he isn’t a very good media personality. I can’t see the broncos being successful at corporate or field level while he’s involving himself so much in signings and players personally, while he’s also involved in making terrible coaching procurement decisions.

I get he’s a club legend, but that doesn’t qualify him for a job for life and the club shouldn’t be too proud to admit their favourite son can’t contribute to their success anymore.
I agree.
Locky is one of the best players of all time, but his hands are dirty in this whole situation as well and he should not get a pass because he was a good player.
His stance on TPJ baffled me after everything TPJ has done, and the Seibold contract was a red flag as well.

He should be working with the playing group on an advisory level, not on the board.

Joel Gould posted his article, if you guys can remember he was the journalist that was banned from Red Hill for sending a disparasing SMS about Seibold to the wrong bloke.

He's been sitting on this for awhile.

The Roberts anecdote is pretty damning of both Seibs and the players.

Because you called Milf a fullback? Because you're pretty quick to call "your club" cap cheats? I explained it nicely for you in my first post, mate.

Joel Gould posted his article, if you guys can remember he was the journalist that was banned from Red Hill for sending a disparasing SMS about Seibold to the wrong bloke.

He's been sitting on this for awhile.

The Roberts anecdote is pretty damning of both Seibs and the players.
To be fair Pete it doesn't say a lot about Jimmy, as the rest of the group are not included in that anecdote.

To be fair Pete it doesn't say a lot about Jimmy, as the rest of the group are not included in that anecdote.

That anecdote typified the relationship between the players and Seibs. The players were being overloaded with information and instead of being hands on Seibs would continue to lecture them.

Maybe I'm behind the times, but his whole approach to training seemed very impersonal. They'd play a session out, Seibs would record it, review the footage and take notes of each individual's efforts. He'd then invite them into watch the footage and point out the pros and cons. Listening to the player's talk about it, it all seemed very foreign and the results speak for themselves.

I don't think a lot of the players, especially the senior players really bought into it.

Last edited:
Because you called Milf a fullback? Because you're pretty quick to call "your club" cap cheats? I explained it nicely for you in my first post, mate.
He was a fullback when he was signed from Canberra on a million or thereabouts. I’m just mentioning factual history. I’ll call any club a capcheat who are. Smokes been billowing out for years (see Andrew Gee), now a player has just had enough bullshit on other matters to raise it formally for once and the bed that’s been made must now be slept in. You can stick your head in the sand all you want, I’m gonna call the duck a duck.
I think I’ve explained it nicely, mate.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncoFan94
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skathen
  • kman
  • Fozz
  • Painin the Haas
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.