The Dolphins discussion

The only disappointment was Anthony Milford. He was arguably the biggest story heading into their inaugural season and he ended the season playing in QCup. Not that it shocked anybody, but at a club where so many players turned their career around, it was disappointing that Milford continued to regress.

Milford when its said and done, was disappointing.....

The Dolphins were not.
The whole organisation I'd imagine would be deservingly satisfied....they have plenty to work on and plenty to work with going forward.

Doesn’t Milford have two more years there too? Man his career is really just a tragedy. Had the world at its feet and squandered it for chicken nuggets.

There’s a lesson in here about Red Hill chicken.

Doesn’t Milford have two more years there too? Man his career is really just a tragedy. Had the world at its feet and squandered it for chicken nuggets.

There’s a lesson in here about Red Hill chicken.
He signed a 2 year deal iirc.

So looks like Milford is off to the ESL and will be gone. I think next year they’ll look something like:

1. Hammer
2. Bastock
3. Averillo
4. Farnworth
5. Isaako
6. Katoa/KNik
7. O’Sullivan/KNik
8. Bromwich
9. Marshall-King
10. Flegler
11. Kaufusi
12. Lemuelu
13. Gilbert

14. KNik/Paix
15. Wallace
16. Bromwich
17. Nicholls/Stone/Someone I’ve no doubt missed

That pack is scary and with Flegs, Gilbert and Kaufusi, is going to be intimidating. In Hammer, Wing-version Isaako and Herbie that have some strike in the backs too. Shame the 6 and 7 are so disappointing and the bench a bit underwhelming. Katoa of course looks like he will be something special and if he can somehow level up next year instead of getting second year syndrome, they could do things. This is a hard side to judge because it looks both good and inconsistent on paper.

I don't really understand the Dolphin's interest in Paix when they already have Harrison Graham and Max Plath signed up long term and have John Fineanganofo coming through. It just feels like a risk for what would be a slight upgrade on what they already have. I think Parramatta, Manly or Newcastle would be a better fit if they were interested.

Otherwise I think you're spot on, Sproj. I'd be confident of a Top 8 if they had a better halves pairing, both Katoa and O'Sullivan will have to have big seasons to get the Dolphins there.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • porouian
  • Battler
  • broncsgoat
  • simplythebest
  • BroncoFan94
  • Organix
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Brotherdu
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • GCBRONCO
  • Culhwch
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Scorchie
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • bert_lifts
  • Midean
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 36 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.