The Dolphins discussion

Bennett implying the Dolphins are breaking the NRL rules, trying to get Munster to break his Storm contract. while the Dolphins can talk to him about 2024 ... they can't say 1 word to him about playing for them in 2023.

Bennett says:

“He’s part of the long-term view, absolutely he is. If we don’t get him in 2023 which we believe we will, certainly 2024 is on the table for us and hopefully it’s on the table for him” Bennett told SEN radio on Friday.

“We’ve been very deliberate, we just haven’t wasted our money on guys we don’t we don’t think are going to be a good fit for our club.

“We’ve been patient and that’s where it’s at and that’s where it’ll stay. We’ve still got a good amount of money in the salary cap to buy quality players.”

Bennett implying the Dolphins are breaking the NRL rules, trying to get Munster to break his Storm contract. while the Dolphins can talk to him about 2024 ... they can't say 1 word to him about playing for them in 2023.

Bennett says:

“He’s part of the long-term view, absolutely he is. If we don’t get him in 2023 which we believe we will, certainly 2024 is on the table for us and hopefully it’s on the table for him” Bennett told SEN radio on Friday.

“We’ve been very deliberate, we just haven’t wasted our money on guys we don’t we don’t think are going to be a good fit for our club.

“We’ve been patient and that’s where it’s at and that’s where it’ll stay. We’ve still got a good amount of money in the salary cap to buy quality players.”

Can talk to the Storm though.

That explains it. I can see them paying the Storm out, give them 500k sweetener to let Munster off a year early.

not sure Cam Munster is worth $1.7 million a season.

because i doubt Munster gives up his $1.2 million pay day for next year and if they Dolphins play a "transfer fee" of $500k that would need to be included on their cap

because i doubt Munster gives up his $1.2 million pay day for next year and if they Dolphins play a "transfer fee" of $500k that would need to be included on their cap
I mean if the Dolphins pay the Storm to release him from his contract, not to Munster himself. I thought clubs could pay each other for a contract release without it being a salary cap fee because the money isn't going to the player but I'm not sure if the NRL has a rule against it. I honestly can't remember it occuring in the NRL.

From memory the Warriors paid a release fee for Sam Tomkins back in the day but I don't remember if that went under the cap.

I think Munster is worth 1.7 to the Dolphins, they NEED a marquee and he is the only one remotely gettable (I don't count Walsh as a marquee).

I mean if the Dolphins pay the Storm to release him from his contract, not to Munster himself. I thought clubs could pay each other for a contract release without it being a salary cap fee because the money isn't going to the player but I'm not sure if the NRL has a rule against it. I honestly can't remember it occuring in the NRL.

From memory the Warriors paid a release fee for Sam Tomkins back in the day but I don't remember if that went under the cap.

Isn't that what they do in the football/soccer?

You see 40 million pound transfer fees, none of which goes towards the player

Isn't that what they do in the football/soccer?

You see 40 million pound transfer fees, none of which goes towards the player
Yep, but for some reason it never seems to happen in the NRL. Maybe clubs run that tight they genuinely can't afford a few 100k.

Yep, but for some reason it never seems to happen in the NRL. Maybe clubs run that tight they genuinely can't afford a few 100k.

I think because even if they do manage to pull that off, they still have to pay the player under the salary cap, probably not worth it

Do you reckon Redcliffe has buyer's remorse with Isaako? Isn't he on a three year deal too?
Wayne will fix him

Can talk to the Storm though.

doubt they've done that considering that it's been reported the Storm have lodged their second official complaint against Bennett and the Dolphins with the NRL.

They're asking the NRL to investigate Bennett and the Dolphins for attempting to entice Munster to breach his Storm contract

Boy Isaako needs to improve if he wants to continue his career in the NRL.

The guy needs to face facts and go rip up as a fullback in the super league

doubt they've done that considering that it's been reported the Storm have lodged their second official complaint against Bennett and the Dolphins with the NRL.

They're asking the NRL to investigate Bennett and the Dolphins for attempting to entice Munster to breach his Storm contract
Bennett is daring the NRL to punish their poorly thought out expansion club before it even gets started.

They won’t have the balls

Bennett should just claim that he’s worried about Munsters mental health like Bellamy did with Coates.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Brocko
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Foordy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • TimWhatley
  • Stix
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.