The Dolphins discussion

storm are beginning to fall apart. They will also probably try to ban Munster from playing for dolphins for 6 months if he signs with them.
I hope they do. The Dolphins shouldn’t be able to do what they are doing. It will set a precedent that will be very hard to put back in the box.

I hope they do. The Dolphins shouldn’t be able to do what they are doing. It will set a precedent that will be very hard to put back in the box.
The precedent was already set when the Gold Coast Titans came into the competition and negotiated with players well before June 30 2006. I don't mind expansion clubs being granted an exception and given every opportunity to succeed because they have to make up a lot of ground.

It's tough on Melbourne, but then again, Melbourne had the luxury of being an amalgamation of the Western Reds, Hunter Mariners and two marquee Super League affiliated players. They've never had to go through any tough times and the one time they featured in the bottom 4 they still had a top 4 record. So I find it rich that they're crying poor now, especially considering the fortune they had coming into the competition and the damage they did to the competition.

At least with the Dolphins they've got a rich development history and they're looking to help develop nurseries like Central Queensland who have been dying for some support. If anything it's in the game's best interest that they're as successful as possible and they're not just another Crushers.

The precedent was already set when the Gold Coast Titans came into the competition and negotiated with players well before June 30 2006. I don't mind expansion clubs being granted an exception and given every opportunity to succeed because they have to make up a lot of ground.

It's tough on Melbourne, but then again, Melbourne had the luxury of being an amalgamation of the Western Reds, Hunter Mariners and two marquee Super League affiliated players. They've never had to go through any tough times and the one time they featured in the bottom 4 they still had a top 4 record. So I find it rich that they're crying poor now, especially considering the fortune they had coming into the competition and the damage they did to the competition.

At least with the Dolphins they've got a rich development history and they're looking to help develop nurseries like Central Queensland who have been dying for some support. If anything it's in the game's best interest that they're as successful as possible and they're not just another Crushers.
I have no issues with them being allowed to do it. I was stunned when it was announced the phins would have no exemptions - I thought that was crazy. But what my issue is, is that the NRL needed to make the exemptions stated, not leave it to a club to flaunt the rules and then do nothing about it.

I have no issues with them being allowed to do it. I was stunned when it was announced the phins would have no exemptions - I thought that was crazy. But what my issue is, is that the NRL needed to make the exemptions stated, not leave it to a club to flaunt the rules and then do nothing about it.

I'm not sure they have flounted any rules have they yet? I mean, they probably have behind the scenes, but they are allowed to talk to any player they like. I think the Storm would find it very difficult to prove anything. After November 1st they might if say Munster suddenly wants to break his contract but i dont see what the old man is doing is any different to Bellamy with Coates and the whole mental health thing.

I'm not sure they have flounted any rules have they yet? I mean, they probably have behind the scenes, but they are allowed to talk to any player they like. I think the Storm would find it very difficult to prove anything. After November 1st they might if say Munster suddenly wants to break his contract but i dont see what the old man is doing is any different to Bellamy with Coates and the whole mental health thing.
I think Wayne publicly saying that he’s confident he will get Munster for next year despite Storm saying they will not release him requires some level of NRL action. I think Bellamy and Coates was an ugly look too. Staff from any club shouldn’t be able to make such comments about players under contract at another club.

I think Wayne publicly saying that he’s confident he will get Munster for next year despite Storm saying they will not release him requires some level of NRL action. I think Bellamy and Coates was an ugly look too. Staff from any club shouldn’t be able to make such comments about players under contract at another club.

I think it's just Wayne being Wayne and stirring the pot. I don't see what they can do. All he has really done is state his opinion. I think the worst they can do to him is tell him to be more careful with what he says.

I expect WB to only use sign language in 2023 if that happens. 🙃

He doesn't say too much as it is.

I think it's just Wayne being Wayne and stirring the pot. I don't see what they can do. All he has really done is state his opinion. I think the worst they can do to him is tell him to be more careful with what he says.
I hope they do get Munster because A) **** the Storm, and B) It's not good for the game if Redcliffe are rocking a bottom 4 team first year.

Bennett is daring the NRL to punish their poorly thought out expansion club before it even gets started.

They won’t have the balls
Just like the Storm. The NRL is buried in so deep in this expansion plan, they practically need it to be successful, and Bennett will gladly take their money for that, and for his legacy to extend as the Supreme Godhand Emperor Coach

Left field solution but would Bennet consider taking on Ben Hunts 1.1 million dollar salary for next year and get him away from the Dragons?

Makes sense to fill the gap in 23 then cut him back down to 600k in 24 when they need the cash to pay their marquee player. Regardless of where he plays next year, hunt is up for a massive pay cut in 24 when his contract ends.

Dragons would free up 1.1 million, Hunt gets to return to qld, Dolphins get some more leadership and a possible milf/hunt halves pairing while waiting for munster/marquee player in 24.

I wonder if it's crossed their mind?

Left field solution but would Bennet consider taking on Ben Hunts 1.1 million dollar salary for next year and get him away from the Dragons?

Makes sense to fill the gap in 23 then cut him back down to 600k in 24 when they need the cash to pay their marquee player. Regardless of where he plays next year, hunt is up for a massive pay cut in 24 when his contract ends.

Dragons would free up 1.1 million, Hunt gets to return to qld, Dolphins get some more leadership and a possible milf/hunt halves pairing while waiting for munster/marquee player in 24.

Would be hard not to have a soft spot for a team with Hunt and Milf as the halves

I dont think any club is taking Hunt at his age for that money if it becomes known they want him out.

I dont think any club is taking Hunt at his age for that money if it becomes known they want him out.
You’ve got your marquee man, and he provides utility and due to his utility value he will provide use for quite few years to come as a 14. Dolphins would also be able to offset his big first year contract by reducing his additional years. Dolphins will struggle to spend all their cap next season anyway. I think the dragons would be dumb to do it though.

2024 could see the phins have a halves pairing of Hunt and Munster.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • bb_gun
  • Galah
  • HarryAllan7
  • Foordy
  • theshed
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • jd87
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.